New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much.

I sold an item to this ******, he lied about the condition it was in..he said a few sentences with horrible grammar in the case I opened, I had a full two pages or so (more than you could fit in) explaining the situation..and the next day, they went with him.
I was literally shocked.
I can only assume they didn't bother to read my side of the story.

But yeah, I got to keep the money though because the dumbass didn't send the figure back..then he left me bad feedback. :lol
He obviously thought if he won the case, he would get the cash and the figure..idiot.

Ebay can be a place for free shopping if you actually wanted too. I buy lots of blu rays, posters and 1/6 stuff off Eay. Sellers usually never have tracking on those packages. So after a month or so if I or anyone wanted to you can say " i still haven't gotten the package", they will give you a refund or ebay/paypal will once you make a dispute. I bet people do that all the time.

Ebay can be a place for free shopping if you actually wanted too. I buy lots of blu rays, posters and 1/6 stuff off Eay. Sellers usually never have tracking on those packages. So after a month or so if I or anyone wanted to you can say " i still haven't gotten the package", they will give you a refund or ebay/paypal will once you make a dispute. I bet people do that all the time.
I've had people try that before. If you post abroad you are pretty much relying on the honesty of the buyer.

One time i sold a figure to Brazil and about 2 weeks later i got positive feedback for it. About 2 weeks after that they opened up a paypal dispute saying it had not came. I pointed out they already said it had arrived and were happy with it... and they still got the refund... but i try to repress that memory.

I've had people try it in my own country though too but you can trace it after a 2 week period once it is marked as missing.

Yea I'm doing calculations on some of the stuff I have up for sale on feebay. Wow that's a big chunk being taken out. Maybe I should cancel them and post them here? Doubt I can get over $400 for a BD P2 EX here anymore though.

I've been a seller on ebay for 10 years and lots have changed in that time. There was a time when the buyer didn't have to send the item back before getting refunded and it was upto the seller to persue the person through the courts...??? Who'd waste that kind of money for a few hundered dollars.

Anways, i just got the classic pred and wondered what are the actual differences in the second pred...? I know that must sound pretty dumb, but i've only just kind of got into the pred thing. I won't be getting them all, but the ones i remember from my youth like pred1 and 2 i think i must have.

It should be mandatory to use only tracked shipping methods on eBay to help avoid at least the issues about not receiving the packages (still people can send rocks, etc... I was sent a cheap pen once by EMS instead of a G1 Transformer and couldn't do anything about it, but it was on ioffer with PayPal).

But there's still the condition issue, and I had already had that problem as buyer about 3 times, where the sellers stated it was as new etc. and it was in poor condition (one rare Mark Free CD was in very poor condition, and was stated as new). Both buyers and sellers lie about that from time to time. It's definitely something hard to address if people aren't serious and honest.

You could get sent a rock.................. you could get sent a piece of paper with 'SUCKER' written on it.................. you could get sent a solid gold rolex and take it out the box and replace it with a $10 timex.

Ebay don't care. Open up a dispute and as the buyer you WILL win.

As i stated before, ebay hate sellers.

I had some one really screw me on a HT dog alien, and bc I was working so much at the time I didn't properly inspect the item after getting it and left him good feedback. now I inspect all my purchased hot toys extensively, and I strive to give detailed descriptions of everything I sell bc I know how much it sucks to be lied to.

Paypal/ebay could try and venture into its own mail delivery service. It would totally eradicate the " item has not yet arrived " (unless genuine lost). And honestly i think it is the next logical step for the company to form its own delivery service or at least partner with another company to offer a delivery service. Id happily choose to send all my ebay items on its own system for piece of mind as long as the prices were still viable.

I've had people try that before. If you post abroad you are pretty much relying on the honesty of the buyer.

One time i sold a figure to Brazil and about 2 weeks later i got positive feedback for it. About 2 weeks after that they opened up a paypal dispute saying it had not came. I pointed out they already said it had arrived and were happy with it... and they still got the refund... but i try to repress that memory..

What the? So you were down your money AND your figure even though the buyer initially posted positive feedback having received the figure? How the hell did they rule against you on that one???

I always try to sell here first before resorting to eBay. Like others have said, eBay hates sellers, and the fees get outrageous. I'd rather give a fellow forum member a good deal than give eBay a fistful of free money.

What the? So you were down your money AND your figure even though the buyer initially posted positive feedback having received the figure? How the hell did they rule against you on that one???
I've no idea. Luckily it wasn't a hot toy or anything but it was still $38 pissed away. I could of kept the figure, thrown it in the bin and flushed the £12 it cost me to post it down the toilet and still be in the same position as i was at the end. Except i would be none the wiser id been scammed by some Brazilian and that PayPal were incompetent. RAGGEEEE

And to any moderator reading this.........................

Just a thought, but if forums started to revamp the for sale sections on the forums, and maybe even an auction type included. Ebay might become a thing of the past over time.

It should be mandatory to use only tracked shipping methods on eBay to help avoid at least the issues about not receiving the packages.

It would be to expensive to do that. I bought a few 1/6 things a little while ago and asked if there would be tracking, he said tracking only comes with a certain shipping method that would cost $23 for a small bubble wrap envelope instead of the $5 shipping without.

Easy, as the scamming buyer you can say "I clicked on the wrong item when leaving feedback and left positive feeback for the item" (the one you hadn't recieved yet), sounds like a good excuse and ebay will agree and bam, you have your money back.:lecture:cuckoo:

While it is true that they favor buyers, the only time someone tried to get one past me was when I sold my PSP on ebay. I wrote on the description that it had custom firmware on it. A buyer bought it and then a week later sent me a message saying he downloaded games and they do not work. So I said have you tried any actual legal games and he said yes so I said then it aint a faulty item as legal games work fine. He then opened a dispute which I won. :)

Guess I was lucky :lol

Tracking numbers.

If you don't use them............. the item never arrived............ refund.

Use them................. marked down on P&P. People always read the price on the sticker and not the packaging materials or box costs.

Always uses tracking ALWAYS. Domestic or abroad.

Don't get bullied and never ever be bothered about receiving negative feedback.

Easy, as the scamming buyer you can say "I clicked on the wrong item when leaving feedback and left positive feeback for the item" (the one you hadn't recieved yet), sounds like a good excuse and ebay will agree and bam, you have your money back.:lecture:cuckoo:

Careful, aznrice could be reading and picking up these nifty hints! :panic:

Don't ever sell your DX02 in perfect condition on the bay, because the buyer will put their leaky abs and club footed varient into the box and keep the perfect one and open a dispute and screw you.

And no, i have never sold any 1/6 on their, i'm just using the crystal ball and thinking of some of the people on here. It will happen.

I'm still just wondering here. Are there like major differences between Pred2 and Classic...?

Back