NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that make it a bit clearer? I hope it doesn't sound patronising.
I could see that it may not work with Dutch as a-dev says ,that the neck is thick, so the head probably won't squish down any further than it already is.

Not at all, thanks. I wonder if cutting a notch all around the neck at the point where you want the head to sit in order to facilitate your method would work in this case or would it make the neck/head join look more unnatural.

Does anyone think it might be possible to transplant Dutch's arms on to a standard True Type :confused: That might be the best solution

No, they cannot. The Dutch body arms are connected by a ball joint like the standard TT's feet and 2 joint necks, this is the first time shoulders have been done this way.

As for those concerned about the vest color in Agen's latest images, which are very nice by the way, they are natural light, but they are still bright natural light shots, you can see the ammount of whited out spots on his arms and all. The images are slightly overexposed and the vest and camo will show brighter and more saturated.

Not at all, thanks. I wonder if cutting a notch all around the neck at the point where you want the head to sit in order to facilitate your method would work in this case or would it make the neck/head join look more unnatural.

I'm not sure any modding is going to work. If you look at the neck as it is, it looks like the top of the rubber neck is being pinched within the head, like it just barely fits, I'm not sure you could force it any deeper into the Dutch head, and cutting away at the neck rubber would only end the rubber at a wider point than it already is at and look awkward if not awful. Love to see if someone can actually modify this figure and prove me wrong, but I have a hunch you have to live with the neck as it is, and hope that future figures on this body correct the head size issue so they'll rest better and further down on the neck.

As for those concerned about the vest color in Agen's latest images, which are very nice by the way, they are natural light, but they are still bright natural light shots, you can see the amount of whited out spots on his arms and all. The images are slightly overexposed and the vest and camo will show brighter and more saturated.

That makes sense. Was thinking maybe he tried to brighten them up in a photo program but didn't think of this option.

That makes sense. Was thinking maybe he tried to brighten them up in a photo program but didn't think of this option.

Well, it can be done with photo programs, depending on your software, I have stuff that will increase the exposure. Whether it's software or camera, the result is over saturation and exposure and not ripping on the quality of the photos but those seeking a good idea of the colors on this piece will not be getting an accurrate measure from them.

I'm not sure any modding is going to work. If you look at the neck as it is, it looks like the top of the rubber neck is being pinched within the head, like it just barely fits, I'm not sure you could force it any deeper into the Dutch head, and cutting away at the neck rubber would only end the rubber at a wider point than it already is at and look awkward if not awful. Love to see if someone can actually modify this figure and prove me wrong, but I have a hunch you have to live with the neck as it is, and hope that future figures on this body correct the head size issue so they'll rest better and further down on the neck.

You're probably right, my notch idea wouldn't work either. As you say cutting a piece off the circumferance of the neck would only leave the head joining to the neck at an even thicker point - the neck would appear wider than the head.

Ah sure I'll probably not be too bothered by it when I get it. I'll choose my posing and viewing angle carefully.

Ah sure I'll probably not be too bothered by it when I get it. I'll choose my posing and viewing angle carefully.

It's not horrible, I probably wouldn't even say anything really about it if it didn't look fine on the proto and in the instruction photos, those demonstrate that a head can be lower down on the neck of this body, so why the production piece is not is something HT needs to correct for future releases.

OK Agen!! you need to stop posting this awesome pics because i still dont have mine and its just making me crazy!!! STOPPP!!!! NOWWW!!!!!!

Arnold has no limits!!! :lol

oddutch12.jpg

oddutch13.jpg

oddutch14.jpg

oddutch15.jpg

Indeed, now that Predator is officially out overseas too, I'm really excited about Dutch. By himself, he'd just make the wait for P1 hard, but it's possible I might have both within a short span of each other, which would be great.

The neck IS too long after all, other than that its damn near perfect imo. Cool pics Agen!

Might not seem too long if the head were bigger. Its just the way, as Maulfan demonstrated earlier in the thread, the neck thins as it joins the head. If the neck was exactly the same thickness all the way up into a slightly larger head the 'long neck' issue might no longer be so.

oddutch12.jpg

In the above picture courtesy of Agen the odd appearance of where the head joins the neck can be seen and yeah the neck looks too long but....

oddutch13.jpg

..this picture makes me think it could be more to do with the head being too small.

edit - and yet now I've just changed my mind and I'm back on the neck. So there you go, the complainers can't even make up their minds about what they're complaining about! I can't wait to see it in person. Having it in person speaks a thousand pictures!

Last edited:
Might not seem too long if the head were bigger. Its just the way, as Maulfan demonstrated earlier in the thread, the neck thins as it joins the head. If the neck was exactly the same thickness all the way up into a slightly larger head the 'long neck' issue might no longer be so.

Yes that too .......... the same thing happened with Rocky III. The thing is it never buged me all that much. However it is noticable. Non issue for me at the end of the day. If I had the cash this one would be mine, the acting was lame but hey .............. its Arnie. :D

edit - and yet now I've just changed my mind and I'm back on the neck. So there you go, the complainers can't even make up their minds about what they're complaining about! I can't wait to see it in person. Having it in person speaks a thousand pictures!

Every piece of art has flaws :D

The neck is an issue (minor IMO) but Agen incredible pics lessen my concerns with the fig.

I cannot wait to have all Dutch, Billy and Predator in my display case.

WTF?! 50 pages in and the same guys are still dwelling on the long neck?! Come on lads, enough about the long neck...I've got a long ^^^^ but even i'd get bored going on about it after the first 20 times

It wasn't a rock, it was a log.

This is true. Plus it doesn't just fall from nowhere. Its part of the trap Dutch built and you even see him hoist it up at one point. The Pred doesn't fall for it tho (Camaan do eet i'm hereyar! Camaan kill me!) and walks round the other side to get to Dutch. This places him under the log which is acting as a counterweight of sorts, Dutch sees this, sets it off, log falls and we are left with one squished ugly mutha fokker.

So, can you put the cigar in his mouth or not? And how does that work?

From some photos I've seen, it looks like the mouth end is pinched to a flat and you just kinda wedge it in between the lips, which probably means varying results if you can get it to stay there or not.

Back