NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the haters out there what are the chances of sideshow getting a fixed Dutch with a better neck? Especially since they are being shipped later than HK?
:eek:
Prob. not likely but worth throwing the idea out there.

For the haters out there what are the chances of sideshow getting a fixed Dutch with a better neck? Especially since they are being shipped later than HK?
:eek:
Prob. not likely but worth throwing the idea out there.

:lol Why am I not surprised. Find a fault with a Hot Toys figure and you are labeled a hater.
I'd say 0% chance. Dutch and Billy are probably already on a ship heading to NA as we speak.

No chance at all. The only things that change between ships are skin tone variations sometimes, darker or light paint on things, but the base body, head, and clothing is all going to be identical for the whole production run.

The only way we'll see a different and better Dutch as far as the neck, is if they do another Dutch figure.

I got used to the long neck on Batman but it might not be so easy with Dutch - I've never had a human (as in with no elaborate superhero costume) figure with this problem - most 1/6th figures have a deliberately long neck, we know, so that clothing won't bury the neck and make them look squat-headed but Dutch appears to be beyond that - its a neck that has accidentally ended up out of proportion even allowing for the clothes.

I hope I or someone else gets a brainwave on how to rectify the problem because I was really looking forward to displaying this figure exactly like on the film poster with just the ammo vest.

I guess you could find a way to make the base of the head deeper and make the top of the neck thinner. that way the top of the neck would drive deeper into the head making the neck shorter....don't know if that made any sense.

It makes sense but we were already discussing that a few pages back and reasoned that it would not work because unless you somehow thinned down the entire neck rather than just the upper part (which would probably be necessary to get the head to push further down) you'd have the head joining onto the neck at a really thick part - the neck would jut out wider than the head itself.

:lol Why am I not surprised. Find a fault with a Hot Toys figure and you are labeled a hater.
I'd say 0% chance. Dutch and Billy are probably already on a ship heading to NA as we speak.

Well not a hater of Hot Toys a hater of Dutch :eek: but yeah I like him not bothered by the neck at all of coarse I was also ok with the TDK original costume Batman.

Thing is will the flames settle for this figure or stick around till somebody fixes it?

It makes sense but we were already discussing that a few pages back and reasoned that it would not work because unless you somehow thinned down the entire neck rather than just the upper part (which would probably be necessary to get the head to push further down) you'd have the head joining onto the neck at a really thick part - the neck would jut out wider than the head itself.

I think the thinning of the neck is cause by the head so even if you attempted that the head would still make the neck thin no matter what :monkey2

From toy-World
dsc2042.jpg

dsc2052.jpg

dsc2048.jpg

dsc2044m.jpg

dsc2057.jpg

dsc2059.jpg

dsc2058.jpg

"Come to Papahh!"

this picture is bad ass thanks for posting im still waiting for mine cant wait :banana

Here are my pics. You be the judge. I think if you futz with it well enough the front view looks fine.

watermark.php
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

The sideview is when the long neck is really obvious....that's why I think the shirt is so important.
watermark.php

watermark.php

But here's the thing Darren: I don't think ANYONE has any complaints about the neck with the shirt/jacket ON. At least I haven't seen any.. it's mostly about the shirt/jacket off which I guess is the more "iconic" look that people desire.

But here's the thing Darren: I don't think ANYONE has any complaints about the neck with the shirt/jacket ON. At least I haven't seen any.. it's mostly about the shirt/jacket off which I guess is the more "iconic" look that people desire.

I'm pretty sure people talked about the long neck when this pic popped up....

20090512_fbeabacd96c7dd43d2c7y8o25mSspe66.jpg

Today I'm having a 'neck looks just fine' day. Yesterday was a 'neck is too long' day... :confused:

Definitely need to get this in-hand to see for myself and can't wait to get it!

Sorry for the boring poses....this is my first muscle body and I'm going easy on him. Really hard for him to hold his gun properly....
Just gonna focus on showing the little details of the figure.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Back