NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Dutch and the neck really bothers the hell out of me. Spent a long long time futzing around with the clothes....looks better but from certain angles Dutch is still a giraffe. Will post pics after I get some sleep....

p.s. They used weak velcro again.......arghhhh

Last edited:
Just got Dutch and the neck really bothers the hell out of me. Spent a long long time futzing around with the clothes....looks better but from certain angles Dutch is still a giraffe. Will post pics after I get some sleep....

Seriously?! :monkey4

Guess he will def be a 'shirt on' affair then.

********* if we have to leave the clothes on this guy because of a giraffe neck what was the point in the new muscle body? Might as well just have used a normal truetype.

********* if we have to leave the clothes on this guy because of a giraffe neck what was the point in the new muscle body? Might as well just have used a normal truetype.

Because ideally it should work, HT's just ^^^^ing up with getting production heads that are properly sized for the neck on the body. They need to either adjust the head size so production comes out right, or alter the neck. If they just fix the size of one or the other, maybe even both, so they fit properly together, it'll be great.

Here's my thing with the neck, and I'm only hung up on it because it seems like it can be easily remedied.

dutch1.jpg

On the right is the prototype figure, where there is a smooth, natural flow from the shoulder into the back of the neck, and his chin falls about 1/4 inch from his pectorals, give or take. Location of the head and the shaping of the neck look great there.

In hand photos show an awkard curve to the neck as it goes into the head, which presumably is mean to be curved and higher up within the head to allow articulation. The chin also sits about 1/8 an inch higher than the prototype. The result is a slightly elongated and oddly shaped neck.

Given that the prototype looked fine, best guess is, the production head is a fair ammount smaller than the protoype and as a result doesn't sit as well on the neck. So, to me this suggests something needs to be improved to ensure that the production heads sit properly on the muscle body necks.

Because ideally it should work, HT's just ^^^^ing up with getting production heads that are properly sized for the neck on the body. They need to either adjust the head size so production comes out right, or alter the neck. If they just fix the size of one or the other, maybe even both, so they fit properly together, it'll be great.

Agree,they really need to do this...and do it before they even think about Rocky and Rambo!

Last edited:
Agree,they really need to do this...and do it before they even think about Rocky and Rambo!

Rambo would be OK, still not great, but you'd only notice the elevation, if that because of the hair. Rocky would probably look worse than Dutch.

Rambo would be OK, still not great, but you'd only notice the elevation, if that because of the hair. Rocky would probably look worse than Dutch.

Well with that attitude HT won`t bother making a new body:lol

if they go with this body on Rambo 4 they better make his head bigger,even with the hair it won`t help if it has the same size as Rocky 3 and Dutch.

if they go with this body on Rambo 4 they better make his head bigger,even with the hair it won`t help if it has the same size as Rocky 3 and Dutch.

The hair will hide the awkward shape of the neck, as it does on the old Rambos, it just won't help the elongated part.

He looks fine to me :huh In person figure much look better than those pics.

From some photos I've seen, it looks like the mouth end is pinched to a flat and you just kinda wedge it in between the lips, which probably means varying results if you can get it to stay there or not.

So, can you put the cigar in his mouth or not? And how does that work?

You can use Double sided tape stick cigar in his mouth.

Seriously?! :monkey4

Guess he will def be a 'shirt on' affair then.

I don't see a real problem with the neck.

Just giving my opinion that is all. Not saying everyone will be bugged by it but there will definitely be people not happy about it. This is coming from a guy who wasn't bothered by the long neck of the "Original Suit" Batman figure. I've made it better by concealing the base of the neck (you can't tell how long the neck is if you don't see where it starts). This is how I'll have mine displayed permanently. The shirtless version just doesn't look right for me.

Oh some things to watch out for:

1. There are two small moveable pieces on his machine gun. They fall off easily so watch out for that. The pieces are tiny so take care when playing around with the gun.

2. It was really hard to put his knives in the scabbards. I took a needle to pierce through the scabbard before putting the knives in. Don't force the knife in or you may end up bending it.

That is about it I guess. The more I play around with him the more I like the figure. I was so bothered by the neck at first but now that I've hid it a little it looks a lot better. Wish the neck articulation was also a little better....he can't look down. Thinking about picking up Billy as well now that I have Dutch in hand. I'll have some pics later on to show you guys what I did to hide the neck.

Oh and don't bother putting him on a True-Type body. I already tried and his clothes are way too loose.

Last edited:
I got used to the long neck on Batman but it might not be so easy with Dutch - I've never had a human (as in with no elaborate superhero costume) figure with this problem - most 1/6th figures have a deliberately long neck, we know, so that clothing won't bury the neck and make them look squat-headed but Dutch appears to be beyond that - its a neck that has accidentally ended up out of proportion even allowing for the clothes.

I hope I or someone else gets a brainwave on how to rectify the problem because I was really looking forward to displaying this figure exactly like on the film poster with just the ammo vest.

Back