NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still think NECA have the best closed mouth Predator sculpt out there. IMO of course. ;)

Yeah, I'd agree with that for P1's (if you mean the 1/4 piece).

Certainly out of all the licenced/mass-produced stuff anyways, and maybe even when you include garage kits & custom 1-offs.

Ya know, the more I look at other photos around the net the more I think this Head sculpt looks just fine... I think a big reason is looks narrow is because the mandibles are completely closed, the dreads don't flare out, and the angle of the photo... I look at these other pics and I see the same predator... At least very very close.. But I see the film predator looking more like the maquette if the mouth was fully closed.

Some of those other pics that have been posted to "prove" that the head sculpt is off are taken from a very different angle... I mean other pics don't look like the following photos either IMO...

I mean this pic looks much different then the others IMO

predator_large_17.jpg

2395abf89c46e3f04dba6b83c213e9a3.jpg

tumblr_l5bfj0Nn0Q1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

predator34.jpg

attachment.php

Again I look at these three and the top two look more lie each other then the bottom one... NOW perhaps that SWS one is not from the movie itself. I don't know.

predator.jpg

predator34.jpg

predator_large_17.jpg

I think it's because we don't often see the jungle hunters' mandibles so close at each other before. For me i see no problem at all.

Mandible position doesn't affect the shape of the crown, which is wrong.

Yeah I just don't see it with the other pics I posted... Now I am more then willing to say that I am wrong since I have not poured over photos and other collectibles... But I look at those photos and the crown seems very close... I think the non flairing dreads give the crown a thinner look... The closed mandibles gives the whole head shape a thinner look. But like I posted before it really looks different from angle to angle... even when it's just movie to movie comparisons.

Yeah I just don't see it with the other pics I posted... Now I am more then willing to say that I am wrong since I have not poured over photos and other collectibles... But I look at those photos and the crown seems very close... I think the non flairing dreads give the crown a thinner look... The closed mandibles gives the whole head shape a thinner look. But like I posted before it really looks different from angle to angle... even when it's just movie to movie comparisons.

I'm more on the fence with the face sculpt. I'm slowly getting used to it. But I guarantee you it's the bio mask all the way no doubt. I just hate the long head. I had that feeling from day one and no matter how I try look at it, it just feels off. Then I checked what others felt and well there you go. But on the plus side I will take your theory into account with the angles. I also will get this piece, just not the ultimate piece I expected.

What are the eyes on the mask of the P2 maquette like? Detailed down to the screen like the Stan Winston maquette or are they just painted black? Hard to tell in pictures but this doesn't look to have the screened eyes.

They are just a sculpted mesh texture painted the wrong colour (black)

It's been fine for me for years. No problems at all (until today - they have a "scheduled outage" on the go).

And since "tiny pic" is down, I can't really compare the 2 :)

I used PB for years also, then they started lowering the quality of my pictures. I signed up to Imgur and haven't looked back.

Back