NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another bit of info for those of you that were curious.

I approached Sideshow's "Alex" on "Statue Forum" (the "Ask Sideshow" thread) regarding the "2 heads vs. removable mask" discussion.

That's THAT bit put to rest :D

Hi Alex

The Sideshow site shows the new Predator 1:4 maquette as having "swap out portraits".

Some people were thinking this might mean 1 head with a removable mask.

Can you please confirm that this comes with 2 heads (per the recent Predator 2 maquette) and NO removable mask.

Many thanks - Ian/Spike.

. . . The piece will be like the P2 Maquette...two separate/swappable portraits. Not a bio mask that can be taken on and off . . .

What are the eyes on the mask of the P2 maquette like? Detailed down to the screen like the Stan Winston maquette or are they just painted black? Hard to tell in pictures but this doesn't look to have the screened eyes.

I can't see how they could have pulled that off with a bio mask only switch out. Would damage the paint over time unless it's magnetic of some sort. Good job clearing that up. But you should have asked him about that silly gap maybe? Because it's clearly not present in the con displayed piece

I can't see how they could have pulled that off with a bio mask only switch out. Would damage the paint over time unless it's magnetic of some sort. Good job clearing that up. But you should have asked him about that silly gap maybe? Because it's clearly not present in the con displayed piece

Didn't need to - the gap has already been explained.

Sec - let me go find the post . . .

. . . here we go . . . see post # 1112​

POST#1112 said:
You keep saying "4 biggies", but if you read my post it would seem it's most likely down to 3.

As you said on the other forum (quite correctly), "that biomask was just not pushed in all the way in the professional photos".

It IS down to the way the "key" between the head and mask is (1) sculpted, and (2) positioned when gluing.

But that's why the highlighted bit of my post is relevant . . .​

. . . Yeah - the "gap" is one of the "4 biggies" :) The P2 had the same issue (sculpted by the same team) - I only ever saw 1 P2 that had it correct on delivery - so I'd put money on how THIS one will be delivered too.

What are the eyes on the mask of the P2 maquette like? Detailed down to the screen like the Stan Winston maquette or are they just painted black? Hard to tell in pictures but this doesn't look to have the screened eyes.

Painted black mesh/material.

Finally found pics of my Neca Predator... As you can see I really thought a lot of the piece... Lack of true 1/4 was it's undoing for my collection.

P1160893.JPG

Back