NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I do remember all the grumblings City Hunter got and then people started getting it in hand and most all it's issues were forgiven.

No, they were never really forgiven, if anything they were worse when that horrid flat production paint/decal app showed up. Most people either tried fixing some of the many issues or sold it as quickly as possible like I did when I saw how massive the job to fix it would be. Of course some were happy, but those same people would have been just as happy or happier with a better piece.

Same here. I was all about it after the first promo pic then a good friend, who is also a collectibles dealer and discerning collector, saw it at SDCC and said it looked pretty awesome to him. I'm getting one and if it sucks, it's going back. I do agree there's no wiggle room at this price point.

Yeah I don't blame you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the same old excuses used for every poorly done piece. Its the camera, people are too picky, don't mind the glaring unacceptable oversights, etc...Have some standards people or we keep getting stuff like this.

Your comment doesn't change a thing.It's still an objectice observation to see people like yourself crapping all over this piece while people who actually saw it in person felt there was no issue in regard to the bio mask.You can't really tell for sure if you didn't see it in person,that's all.

Say WHAAAAAAAAAAA !???

Nah - can't be bothered - All presents wrapped & organised SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . .

. . . have a great Christmas dude (that goes for the rest of you reprobates too!)​

No, they were never really forgiven, if anything they were worse when that horrid flat production paint/decal app showed up. Most people either tried fixing some of the many issues or sold it as quickly as possible like I did when I saw how massive the job to fix it would be. Of course some were happy, but those same people would have been just as happy or happier with a better piece.

Guess I was just thinking of the fact that some who did not like it bought it anyways after in hand photos and videos came out... Even with a 20% discount that is a decent chunk of change.. Plus video reviews have been positive... A few of the first crappy in hand photos got some complaints but then other photos appeared and the grumbling seemed to die down and the thing ended up selling out.

Oh and Merry Christmas to you also Spike :)

I'm so thankful Sideshow delayed the release of the P2 Maquette. When they pulled it from their website and stopped taking any more preorders, that was my chance to get my full deposit back.

p1.jpg

jh.jpg

Scott Marshall p1 head vs SS Jungle Hunter

Yeah in 2019 when I have filled all my shelves up, the city hunter will be the last pit stop, it will be a massive undertaking. I cancelled myn because of the work needed to go into it, did not have the funds to do it because of other orders etc, 2019 I will have it since I can concentrate fully on this piece, that is one project I cannot wait to start on to go with dutch and the Jungle Hunter

That top one is perfect. That's how he looks or should look.

I know.

I'm talking about the one on the bottom, hence "proto".
I've been looking at this pic with a small screen.
When I got a chance to see it on my desktop, I saw that the eyes aren't aligned. LOL!

I know.

I'm talking about the one on the bottom, hence "proto".
I've been looking at this pic with a small screen.
When I got a chance to see it on my desktop, I saw that the eyes aren't aligned. LOL!

Oh right sorry missed that part lol

View attachment 312425

View attachment 312426

Scott Marshall p1 head vs SS Jungle Hunter

the top one looks great... Personally I don't see the difference with the SSC piece that is so big that people are losing their minds over it... Bottom Mandibles are touching on the SS piece that makes it look a bit diff. Top mandibles are not as slanted.... But I still think the SSC version looks good... Especially since its not 1/1 scale like the top pic... BUT I do see them googly eyes on the SSC piece... Hope I don't get that :lol

The Sideshow unmasked head looks like it has been put in a vice - so it's way narrower/longer than it should be.

I'm surprised at anyone that doesn't immediately notice it (but then I have lost my mind) :)

I wouldn't worry on the eyes - s'funny - I DON'T see that :lol - and (that "Rogue" debacle aside) would not expect that sort of thing on production pieces.

Back