NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2016-12-30%20JAWS_zpsrelvukmb.jpg

Ok so someone please make a list of everything that's wrong with this please. I'm considering this maybe just maybe and it will ruin anything for 2017 if I do.

This is not up my collectible alley but it looks frikin cool to me so please ruin it for me.

Ok so someone please make a list of everything that's wrong with this please. I'm considering this maybe just maybe and it will ruin anything for 2017 if I do.

This is not up my collectible alley but it looks frikin cool to me so please ruin it for me.

You need to go back a few pages. Someone already made a list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ruin it for me" :lol :hi5:

"Ruin it for me" :lol :hi5:

Heh even so I'll be considering it. That leg man wtf they should have the person who says that's final make a post as to how that's right.

In one photo the angle makes it ok but the rest it is totally a thigh pad. No real artist can say it's right unless its moving up his leg as he turns.

I'm just going by the outer lower white spots on his skin, that show it's located in 2 different spots on the leg and not even so again maybe it's moves as he walks.

If it's able to be moved that's good so I wonder if so. Weird they are ok with it. Just put the laser gun on his bicep since it's close to where it should go and put the mask on backwards too.

I think its appearance and size will be OK in person, much like Wolf Pred 1/5 statue, which is truly ugly in some angle but overall the best in 1/5 lines IMO. AND most fans will buy this anyway since there's no better 1/4 Jungle Hunter statue for the bucks (say, for $1300, would you be able to get SWS one these days? Would you really go for Pinoy custom one? unless Prime1 decides to do one, etc).

This happened with P2 maquette once and this'll repeat the same track IMO.

Heh even so I'll be considering it. That leg man wtf they should have the person who says that's final make a post as to how that's right.

In one photo the angle makes it ok but the rest it is totally a thigh pad. No real artist can say it's right unless its moving up his leg as he turns.

I'm just going by the outer lower white spots on his skin, that show it's located in 2 different spots on the leg and not even so again maybe it's moves as he walks.

If it's able to be moved that's good so I wonder if so. Weird they are ok with it. Just put the laser gun on his bicep since it's close to where it should go and put the mask on backwards too.

LOL @ the laser and backwards mask.
But you're absolutely right.
The answer for the foul ups is simple though... Because Sideshow. That's why. :lol

I think its appearance and size will be OK in person, much like Wolf Pred 1/5 statue, which is truly ugly in some angle but overall the best in 1/5 lines IMO. AND most fans will buy this anyway since there's no better 1/4 Jungle Hunter statue for the bucks (say, for $1300, would you be able to get SWS one these days? Would you really go for Pinoy custom one? unless Prime1 decides to do one, etc).

This happened with P2 maquette once and this'll repeat the same track IMO.
Just what you want from a $1300 piece, look at it and say, "well it might look bad, but it's all I can get"

Is anyone here qualified to know if it is something that can be moved after?

Besides the attachment process would it even fit the curved leg/hip where it should go if moved.

I'm waiting to hear back from SS on a few particulars but other than this I like it masked. I find the rest nice in my opinion.

It's a shame though because it's not a big fix and to double down and say it was on purpose is sad. Get that MF on here and explain it with references material.

Is anyone here qualified to know if it is something that can be moved after?

Anything can be changed if you're talented enough, but it will require major surgery. These are put together with huge/chunky locating tabs, the armor will need cutting off, repairing and replacing. Also the netting runs beneath and will probably suffer damage. It can be done, the real question is are you willing to have to do such a thing to a high end (price wise) collectible. If it's your only issue, maybe you are, or maybe you could live with it...

Back