Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they just sent you an EX head? You didn't have to send back or destroy one of your extra regular heads?

When the EX head arrives (apparently in a 10 iinch box that weighs 1 lb) I have 5 days to destroy my extra regular head and provide Sideshow with proof.

I'll post pics/a vid here when I do. Luckily it's an easy decision which head to destroy because one reg head is noticeably inferior.

When the EX head arrives (apparently in a 10 iinch box that weighs 1 lb) I have 5 days to destroy my extra regular head and provide Sideshow with proof.

I'll post pics/a vid here when I do. Luckily it's an easy decision which head to destroy because one reg head is noticeably inferior.

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully they just end up sending me an EX head and a new body instead of requiring me to box up the entire statue for a replacement. I know they'd pay for the return shipping, but that'd be a hassle and I'd much rather just get those two parts in the mail and then destroy my existing ones, sad as it will make me to smash both of them!

I just got off the phone with Ashley at SS- she said they are now on a 5-6 day turnaround to get back to peoples' requests, and that I should hear from her later today or Monday morning. She said it's just a matter of how quickly their inventory team gets back to her about the availability of the parts I need and that I should call them again on Tuesday if I haven't heard from them by then.

As promised, Ashley responded to my replacement request and, thankfully, they are only going to send me an EX head and replacement body (not a full statue replacement). Her email also included instructions on destroying my current pieces, which still just seems so crazy to me! Surely the body makes up a huge portion of the $500 statue's cost and could probably easily be salvaged/fixed if they wanted me to send it back to them! Also, there's nothing wrong with my second regular head, they just didn't send me an EX head. Don't get me wrong- I'm happy this is their solution instead of forcing me to send the entire huge box back to SS, I just know I'll die a little inside smashing an almost-perfect Spidey to pieces! :(

However, like I said to Ashley in my email response, this is my first high-end purchase from SS and my first Premium Format Figure, so forgive my ignorance on this process as it clearly is a normal thing for SS and many of you here- how exactly do I destroy my current parts? Hit them with a hammer? Throw them into the ground? Anyone have tips on how to best do this and/or the method I should use to ensure that I can easily see/salvage the body's metal rod to share pics of on this forum?

It killed me to smash my King Hulk for a small chip on the armor of his hand. As to your question, definitely place something over it like a tarp or towel, but just smacking it with a hammer will suffice.

Wonder how much they would charge you if you didn't smash it. I am sure someone would customise it :naughty

Wonder how much they would charge you if you didn't smash it. I am sure someone would customise it :naughty

I actually wondered about that, too! What do you think? They'd probably charge me, what, $50 for the head and $250 for the body? I'd be curious to know and would love to see this thing customized, but I can assure you that's not going to happen with mine! :)

As promised, Ashley responded to my replacement request and, thankfully, they are only going to send me an EX head and replacement body (not a full statue replacement). Her email also included instructions on destroying my current pieces, which still just seems so crazy to me! Surely the body makes up a huge portion of the $500 statue's cost and could probably easily be salvaged/fixed if they wanted me to send it back to them! Also, there's nothing wrong with my second regular head, they just didn't send me an EX head. Don't get me wrong- I'm happy this is their solution instead of forcing me to send the entire huge box back to SS, I just know I'll die a little inside smashing an almost-perfect Spidey to pieces! :(

However, like I said to Ashley in my email response, this is my first high-end purchase from SS and my first Premium Format Figure, so forgive my ignorance on this process as it clearly is a normal thing for SS and many of you here- how exactly do I destroy my current parts? Hit them with a hammer? Throw them into the ground? Anyone have tips on how to best do this and/or the method I should use to ensure that I can easily see/salvage the body's metal rod to share pics of on this forum?

I've never had to destroy a statue. On the rare occasions that I've had to get a replacement I've always been given an RMA and had to send in the damaged statue first. Even now on spidey I got to send it in. I've wondered what warrants the destruction of a statue as opposed to sending it in. I've never asked, does it have to do with location? Actually now that I think about I guess if you only need one part no need to send the whole thing in. In my case the base was damaged too. That's good you're getting your replacement. On a side note Ashley was great she was polite and very pleasant to deal with on the phone.

Put it in a bag and hit with hammer.

Back