NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did Sideshow release the regular white versions of the Phase 1 and 2 Clone troopers? I've always wanted a display of the Star Wars troopers from Phase 1 clone, phase 2 clone, sand trooper, storm trooper, and scout trooper.

I think I read or saw somewhere that they have since upgraded the cloth or bodies somehow. Should I be searching through eBay or will Sideshow release them again?

They have only released the white clone in Phase 1 armor and it was with the older bodysuit which doesn't look as good and has some discoloration/deterioration issues. Also it was an early use of the armor body so usually the bodies were pretty loose.

I ended up buying a used Phase 1 and parted out a Rex on eBay (keeping the body and body suit) in order to keep my costs low yet still get a good looking Phase 1 all white clone. In the end I think I ended up making a bit of money on the deal :lol Did some weathering on him as well.

Before:
bbb-1.jpg

After:
clonea.jpg

Is Darth Vader Sideshow's first remake/rerelease of a Star Wars character? Do you guys think we'll see Sideshow come out with more updated figures? I haven't seen them in person, but how well do their older aliens like Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Jabba, and Bib Fortuna hold up to tdoay's releases? I don't have any of them yet and don't know if I should start hunting them down now.

Is Darth Vader Sideshow's first remake/rerelease of a Star Wars character? Do you guys think we'll see Sideshow come out with more updated figures? I haven't seen them in person, but how well do their older aliens like Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Jabba, and Bib Fortuna hold up to tdoay's releases? I don't have any of them yet and don't know if I should start hunting them down now.

Kit and Plo Koon both look great for the price. My Plo Koon needs a body switch though all his joints are pretty sucky. :(

But considering the prices they go for, they're still great. I don't have Jabba or any of his court, so someone else will have to weigh in on that. :dunno

I wouldn't really consider vader a remake/re release. Essentially they are doing a different version of vader. Its just like the phase 2 rex they are coming out with 2 different versions not a redo.

I wouldn't really consider vader a remake/re release. Essentially they are doing a different version of vader. Its just like the phase 2 rex they are coming out with 2 different versions not a redo.

:goodpost:Very good point. Since they're not redoing the ANH suit, its basically just the "other" version of Vader. Set your ANH up dueling Obi Wan and get this one for posing with the emperor, etc...

Well in that case, are there any previously released figures that I should check out? I'm thinking either Hot Toys or Sideshow will make new versions of the main guys (Han, Leia, etc.). I've only started collecting less than a year ago so I've missed out on a lot.

What do you think the chances are they'll redo some of the background jedi?

Unless they decide to do Clone Wars versions, I doubt there'll be another Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Ki Adi, or Aayla Secura. HT might do a Mace Windu. However, those first three were great figures.

I never got the first one so I'd consider it. Not if it came with a light up disco ball and cost $700 though. They'd need to restrain themselves.

Well in that case, are there any previously released figures that I should check out? I'm thinking either Hot Toys or Sideshow will make new versions of the main guys (Han, Leia, etc.). I've only started collecting less than a year ago so I've missed out on a lot.

I think if you want any of the background Jedi your best bet is gonna be getting the previously released Sideshow versions since those just won't be done again. Even though the Aayla could really do with a better version.

Ya I agree with the others unless HT or SSC redo the others work (highly unlikely) your best bet is to get the previously released figures from each company if you want them and either upgrade body's or mod them to your liking.

Back