NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

Hot Toys, SS, and Medicom should work out a deal of who makes what and start hammering out wht the fans want. Part of the deal should be that medi makes their dolls in actual 1/6 scale as well. It could go something like this: SS to do troops/aliens/HT to do all human "looking" characters/ Medi do the droids/bots. Working in tandem could only benefit everyone.

Hot Toys, SS, and Medicom should work out a deal of who makes what and start hammering out wht the fans want. Part of the deal should be that medi makes their dolls in actual 1/6 scale as well. It could go something like this: SS to do troops/aliens/HT to do all human "looking" characters/ Medi do the droids/bots. Working in tandem could only benefit everyone.

No way, nobody wants to have to shell out for Medicom to complete lines. And they're in it for money.

Hot toys just going to keep making 1 a year with Sideshow's permission since they are renting the 1/6 license from Hasbro. Medicom only has the license for Asia... Which I'm sure Hot Toys is patiently waiting to expire before they outbid them with their massive Ironman cash piles.

No way, nobody wants to have to shell out for Medicom to complete lines. And they're in it for money.

Hot toys just going to keep making 1 a year with Sideshow's permission since they are renting the 1/6 license from Hasbro. Medicom only has the license for Asia... Which I'm sure Hot Toys is patiently waiting to expire before they outbid them with their massive Ironman cash piles.

Does your SS C3PO and R2 look good on your shelves?

Although I like the idea of all three companies coordinating, I have to agree with TDA that I would not want to be reliant on Medicom only because of their outrageous prices ($300.00 Luke/Han and $250.00 a piece for R2/3PO, just doesn't seem justified). However, you bring up a great point. It would be great to get further clarification from SSC and HT in regards to what's on or off the table for their respective companies (not that I'm hopeful in this regard).

It seems like the lines have been drawn as HT working with Sideshow and EB working with Medicom.

I'm fine with that as I've generally been less impressed with work from EB and Medicom. Although it is cool that the retail relationship allows people to buy the Medicom and Medicom/EB products from Sideshow rather than importing them on their own.

I just hope to see something previously never been mentioned turning up at SDCC.

I remember that was the case with Yoda's hut and the Rebel trooper.

I just hope to see something previously never been mentioned turning up at SDCC.

I remember that was the case with Yoda's hut and the Rebel trooper.

jabba the hutt was another............that was an amazing OMG:panic::panic::panic: surprize back in the day............:lol

jabba the hutt was another............that was an amazing OMG:panic::panic::panic: surprize back in the day............:lol

Wasn't the first hint about that a word jumble with Salacious Crumb's species name? I still think Jabba is still one of the coolest reveals they've had at SDCC.

Wasn't the first hint about that a word jumble with Salacious Crumb's species name? I still think Jabba is still one of the coolest reveals they've had at SDCC.

i don't remember the jumble but i do remember seeing the first pics of him & he was just totally out of the blue. i'll bet the ssc reps were bursting at the seams trying to keep it as secret as they did. good times.....:peace

I remember initially thinking... damn I'd love to have that; but no way I could justify the cost or find space for it. By the time it went up for PO I was there day one for each piece :lol

When I got him in I spent the entire day re-arranging my office to fit in the stand I bought for him :lol

bantha?...........:yess:

I remember leading the "I want a Bantha!" outcry when they announced the Tusken Raider a couple months ago... Now I realize there's no way in hell I'm getting that. I look at it like this, the Landspeeder will be a MUST BUY, and I just can't fit too many big ass items like that into my collection.:(

I came home from work because I had a horrible toothache after lunch.....................................................Walrusman.

Vader's meditation chamber?
Dunno, still think that meditation pod would be a very large environment, though I wouldn't be against them releasing it. Hoping for something from Bespin, myself. Or Hoth.

And agreed, I wouldn't care if we never saw a bantha. Landspeeder for me is far more iconic and would be a fantastic display piece.

I remember leading the "I want a Bantha!" outcry when they announced the Tusken Raider a couple months ago... Now I realize there's no way in hell I'm getting that. I look at it like this, the Landspeeder will be a MUST BUY, and I just can't fit too many big ass items like that into my collection.:(

come on flosi.............your vote just may be the one that tips the scale. at least publicly support it for those that want/will get it..........:wink1:

bummer about the tooth BB.

Back