NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geez. the face mask scares me to death. a few weeks ago Eddie Royal on the broncos had a face mask on him that made his head spin around.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cxdjLUMZQp8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cxdjLUMZQp8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Did this play get a flag?

canon_10_wk_9_04.jpg

No of course not. Wrong side of Mrs. Mannings balls. :lecture

some teams need a kick in the behind to play. wade phillips has always been a friendly, passive coach and it doesn't always work. the players will tell you thats what they want, but it doesn't win games.
But Phillips hasn't changed from last year to this year. He's been this way for over 10 years, at least. Something else must have happened. Maybe they did just buy into the hype machine and decided they could just coast into the Superbowl. When that didn't happen, maybe they got frustrated and decided to just quit. Who knows?

Says the guy with the Steelers logo in his avatar, and a Steelers signature. I suppose you're an objective observer of the NFL? :lol People are allowed to enjoy their victories as much as you gloat in yours. If you can't let a Browns fan enjoy their victory, then lets see you change your avatar and signature. Otherwise stop being an ass.

Really? Find a post where I gloat about the Steelers. You can check back a little ways and see where I gave New Orleans props for playing well and said the Steelers played like ____. I love the NFL and watch it as much as I can, and do not get on here rubbing Steelers victories into peoples' faces, so check your facts and STFU ... ass :wink1:

There was that one penalty in the first quarter againts the Colts for roughing Vick, but like the next 2 plays after that he was shoved down out of bounds and then hit well after throwing the ball that drew nothing, but Manning's head gets carressed on 4th and 18 and the refs pick the ball up and put it in scoring position to give the Colts a chance to win that game. I don't care how the rule's written, that call was BS! He was more less pushed into Manning as he was doing what he's taught to do in that situation - go for the ball. There is way too much incosistency in 'protecting the players' this season. It's more like protecting the man that already has an MVP trophy with his name engraved in it for the 2010 season.

1 is luck
2 is a fluke
3 is a trend

pennant-oldraiders2.JPG

Man, I was worried about the Steelers playing them at the begining of the season because of Ben's track record against them, but now that they're playing well ... it's gonna be a barn-burner for sure!

I just think it would be easier to identify and enforce rules if referees were clearer in their rationale. It isn't just a "blow to the head," it is "a blow to the head of one of the NFL's chosen cash cows." Refs would not be confused, then, and neither would the fans.

But in fairness to the NFL, that is no different than any other sport. Basketball, particularly. Kobe Bryant or Lebron could stab a guy to death and the refs would look the other way.

I just think it would be easier to identify and enforce rules if referees were clearer in their rationale. It isn't just a "blow to the head," it is "a blow to the head of one of the NFL's chosen cash cows." Refs would not be confused, then, and neither would the fans.

But in fairness to the NFL, that is no different than any other sport. Basketball, particularly. Kobe Bryant or Lebron could stab a guy to death and the refs would look the other way.

My problem is this. I can understand a zero tolerance policy towards a "blow" to the head. However, lets at least make sure it is a BLOW!

What is a blow?

A sudden hard stroke or hit, as with the fist or an object.

Sorry but I saw no blow to Manning's head. It's just absurd that they would call that and potentially GIVE the game to the Colts. That game should have been over right then and there.

My problem is this. I can understand a zero tolerance policy towards a "blow" to the head. However, lets at least make sure it is a BLOW!

What is a blow?

Sorry but I saw no blow to Manning's head. It's just absurd that they would call that and potentially GIVE the game to the Colts. That game should have been over right then and there.

Honestly, I was shocked the refs didn't flag the Eagles a couple plays earlier on the sack of Manning. Someone brushed his head there too.:lol

What is a blow?

The players ALL know to stay away from a QBs head. If you touch a QB in the head you are most likely going to get a penalty.

That dumbass could have had his pick of head coaching jobs two years ago.:lol:lol:lol
I kind of felt bad for the guy, because he chose loyalty (I guess) and buckets of money over leaving and taking a head coaching job.

But in football--pro and college--you've got to take your opportunities when you get them. Because the owners won't be loyal to you if you don't win.

I kind of felt bad for the guy, because he chose loyalty (I guess) and buckets of money over leaving and taking a head coaching job.

But in football--pro and college--you've got to take your opportunities when you get them. Because the owners won't be loyal to you if you don't win.

I think he knew he would be head coach eventually, which is why he stayed, but I don't think it went down the way he expected.

Back