NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peyton Hillis is such a beast. Broncos were such fools to 1)not play him in 2009 and 2)trade him for a third string QB. Here the Broncos are with the worst run game in the NFL and Hillis is runningall over good defenses like NE and baltimore.

Yup, Cleveland fleeced Denver. And Cleveland potentially gets two sixth round picks from Denver, too. They get one in 2011, and a conditional one in 2012, depending on Quinn's playing time.

I doubt anything will change. Garrett has been the genius calling their offensive plays all season anyway.

'Bout time Phillips was let go. And I agree, nothing will change with Garrett, his play-calling has been stale.

So who's the next puppet JJ will rope into the big D? He's let that team get so far gone I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a couple of seasons to finish at .500 or above again. Garret's gonna be a tool just like Phillips was, except he can't ride Parcells creation for 3 seasons to start off with.

Mike Shanahan should have waited 1 more year, because Dallas would have been much better for him than WSH.

I wouldn't be surprised if "The Chin" picks up the phone for this one.

Who I want to see get into coaching soon is Marshall Faulk. Obviously not in a head coaching capacity, yet.

Who I want to see get into coaching soon is Marshall Faulk. Obviously not in a head coaching capacity, yet.

He had an incredible talent, but a lot of what he had can't be taught, plus he's got a good gig on NFL Network. But would still be interesting to see.

Watch Jones go retro and get Jimmy Johnson like Dan Snyder went and got Joe Gibbs back for a few. That'd be funny.

As far as coaches, he's going to go with a name coach. Promoting from within or hiring another team's assistant coach has never worked for him (Dave Campo, Chan Gailey). So who's out there?

Bill Cowher. Just may be the authoritarian / disciplinarian Dallas needs. Now the question is will Cowher go to Dallas? I think Dallas is the antithesis of everything Cowher has stood for...but when you think of the jobs available for next season, Dallas has the best talent out there. Would Cowher want to go to a team with established talent, or would he want to go to a rebuilding team?

Jon Gruden. I think he likes it in the MNF booth, but he may be intrigued with the level of talent in Dallas. You know Gruden loves his QBs, and the chance of working with Romo may be enough to entice Gruden.

John Fox. He's out at Carolina at the end of the year, and has had success at the pro level.

Brian Billick. Word is that he deseprately wants to get back into head coaching.

Jeff Fisher. He has an option at the end of the year. Hard to believe that he would leave Tennessee after 14 years, but he's a potential candidate.

And a dark horse / long shot...Mike Holmgren. Peter King of Sports Illustrated seems to feel that Holmgren may be getting the itch to get back on the field. It was thought that he may try to get himself from the Browns' front office back onto the field, but the Browns' recent success may have put a kibosh on this. It would have been easier to get rid of Mangini and put himself on the field if the Browns weren't competitive. Again, a long shot, but worth mentioning since we're speculating.

I think the best coaching move Dallas could get would be if JJ could talk Gruden into coming off of MNF, but in the long run I think he'd end up laying into JJ. That man just wants someone he can control.

A good disciplinarian and established coach would be Marty Shottenheimer ... but would he want to go to that mess?

The players ALL know to stay away from a QBs head. If you touch a QB in the head you are most likely going to get a penalty.

Intentional hits yes. Not that. I do agree with you though. I just think it needs changed to adhere to common sense.

Jerry Jones is Al Davis with plastic surgery. If I were Cowher or Gruden I would want no part of Dallas.

Let Jerruh coach himself, it's what he wants.

Jerry Jones is Al Davis with plastic surgery. If I were Cowher or Gruden I would want no part of Dallas.

Let Jerruh coach himself, it's what he wants.

Just picture JJ out there with a tight polo-shirt, 1980's gym shorts, socks pulled up to his knees and a baseball cap smacking players asses saying "good hustle" ..... that is just too much :lol:lol:lol

NFL will not fine Coleman. So again IMO an apology to the team is warranted. That should have been Eagles ball.

Back