NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peyton Hillis is a Brown and he's leading the league in rushing, so something is going right for the Browns. Are the Browns a playoff team? Of course not, nobody said they were, but the last 2 games they have looked very good and not lucky. You don't win a game by 20 points on luck.

Peyton Hillis is a Brown and he's leading the league in rushing, so something is going right for the Browns. Are the Browns a playoff team? Of course not, nobody said they were, but the last 2 games they have looked very good and not lucky. You don't win a game by 20 points on luck.

Hillis is NOT leading the league in rushing. He's #17 in the league in rushing yards and #3 in TDs. He is tied for the league in fumbles by RBs though.:lol

I see Brees is no longer leading the league in TDs, as Rivers surpassed him. QB rating is kind of low for him b/c of the INTs, but he's still #1 in completion percentage :banana

He sure looks off this year, but his numbers (apart from the INTs) belie that a bit. Sadly, he leads the league in passes, which is a function of Payton refusing to let the run game develop.

Michael Vick has the best QB rating right now, followed by Vince Young. David Garrard is 4th. Nutty. Brett Favre is 27th :lol

I see Brees is no longer leading the league in TDs, as Rivers surpassed him. QB rating is kind of low for him b/c of the INTs, but he's still #1 in completion percentage :banana

He sure looks off this year, but his numbers (apart from the INTs) belie that a bit. Sadly, he leads the league in passes, which is a function of Payton refusing to let the run game develop.

Michael Vick has the best QB rating right now, followed by Vince Young. David Garrard is 4th. Nutty. Brett Favre is 27th :lol

I'm still wondering if Brees is going to fall victim to the Madden Curse this season :horror He's looking fairly well so far, but is still a far cry from what he was last season. And on the other hand, boy did Shockey take a vicious hit to the ribs on that TD grab! Shows how tough that SOB really is to hang on to that ball.

I'm still wondering if Brees is going to fall victim to the Madden Curse this season :horror He's looking fairly well so far, but is still a far cry from what he was last season. And on the other hand, boy did Shockey take a vicious hit to the ribs on that TD grab! Shows how tough that SOB really is to hang on to that ball.
I'm convinced that it is more play calling than Brees's play. He's had a small handful of bad passes that were completely his fault, of course (usually when a play breaks down and he tries to make something happen when he should just fall on the ball or throw it out of bounds), but if Payton would establish more of a running game--which the Saints could very well do with our O-line and running back, btw--then Brees wouldn't be in so many situations like that.

It seems like such a simple concept--keep the offense balanced. And last year, they understood it and it worked fantastically. But Payton keeps falling back to his strategy from 2-3 years ago--freak out when down by 3 points and refuse to run the ball anymore. Sure, the Saints are a talented enough team to win anyway (good defense and having one of the best QBs in the league helps), but it isn't the way to win consistently, to keep defenses honest, and ultimately, to keep Brees healthy and throwing TDs instead of INTs. With the Saints defense starting to really step up, I think Payton owes it to those guys to stop acting like he's playing a video game.

Hillis is NOT leading the league in rushing. He's #17 in the league in rushing yards and #3 in TDs. He is tied for the league in fumbles by RBs though.:lol

:lol sorry i read an article wrong...but actually its 12th place. so you're wrong too. :1-1:

Watching last night's final Bengals' possession as well as the Titans' final possession against the Chargers a few weeks ago boggles my mind. Both teams were down, but had a chance to win with a TD, and both teams were in the red zone. Cincinnatti had a time out left last night, and I am uncertain if the Titans had a time out in their pocket. Both teams were facing 3rd and 5. I just don't understand why you take a shot at the end zone on third down and then try to make the conversion on fourth? I know you (in my best Herm Edwards impression) "play to win the game" but they could have got the first down and had another down or two to take a shot at the end zone.

Titans throw to Kenny Britt in the end zone; incomplete. Then on fourth down, Chris Johnson can't handle the Kerry Collins pass to convert on fourth down. Game over. Same thing with the Bengals. Third down shot to TO is incomplete, then an incompletion to Jordan Shipley on fourth to end the game (although to be fair, he was sandwiched between James Harrison and another Steeler's defender...was it Ryan Clark?). Bengals had a time out left, then could have run a draw or a screen or a slant on third down. Just didn't understand Palmer's decision making...although I haven't had a chance to watch the play again. If there were no other receivers open underneath, it may have been the OC's fault for not calling a better play.

Last edited:
Les Miles would have thrown it into the end-zone on 4th down, as well. . .that is, if the play clock hadn't already expired from his crappy clock management.

Damn, the NFL needs him!

:lol sorry i read an article wrong...but actually its 12th place. so you're wrong too. :1-1:

I'm not wrong...your article is wrong and thus you are still alone in being wrong. My data came straight from NFL.com's stats.:nana:

Les Miles would have thrown it into the end-zone on 4th down, as well. . .that is, if the play clock hadn't already expired from his crappy clock management.

Damn, the NFL needs him!

Difference being....Les's team would have scored and won the game.:yess:

Right...No what I can' handle are pompous Steelers fans putting the Browns down even though they are performing extremely well. I want what your smoking, because it must be good **** in order to like the Steelers.

Which is why The Steelers almost fell to the Bengals tonight, they got lucky on that last drive. Bengals had that and blew it, the Steelers got lucky tonight.

Maybe you aren't quite clear on the concept of rivalry.

Back