NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit. . .well, at least we are seeing that the NFC is at least as strong as the strongest AFC teams at this point in the year. Saints beat Steelers, Falcons beat Ravens, Eagles beat Colts.

I am imagining a situation where the Falcons beat the Saints by a game, and end up getting a first round bye while the Saints have to duke it out with someone in a wildcard game. Would suck. Falcons need to lose more, IMO.

Its aweful.

Yeah, NFL Network doesn't have the best play by play or color commentary guys...I still remember Bryant Gumbel calling an 49ers game a few years ago on the NFL Network and saying "Al Gore carries the ball again..." on more than one occasion :slap

Yeah, NFL Network doesn't have the best play by play or color commentary guys...I still remember Bryant Gumbel calling an 49ers game a few years ago on the NFL Network and saying "Al Gore carries the ball again..." on more than one occasion :slap

Gumbel could make anything seem dull as all hell. Brady's 50th TD throw in '07 was basically him saying "Brady back to throw....to Moss...touchdown." Lots of silence, then he flatly states that they are great football players. Really fitting for a big moment.:slap

I have to congratulate Starkiller for one thing. He has done something that has not been accomplished in 30+ years of my loving the Steelers.

He has made me hate the Brown Stains.

:)

Well what is your excuse then?

Yeah, that's a little worse than the one the Browns pulled on the Pats. Pathetic

Browns were doing trick plays all game on the Saints, too. I guess that's their new "thing."

You guys are just jealous of my team. We don't need a stinkin' logo, we have a football helmet. We don't need no stinkin' cheerleaders we have great fans. Name say all you guys want, crack on the Browns...It won't change a thing.

We spanked the Saints and Pats straight out. :lecture

New Orleans
New England...
And on to New York.

You denying they were pulling trick plays out their ass all game against New Orleans? It wasn't a knock. It was an observation. If it wins games, then it wins games.

You guys are just jealous of my team. We don't need a stinkin' logo, we have a football helmet. We don't need no stinkin' cheerleaders we have great fans. Name say all you guys want, crack on the Browns...It won't change a thing.

New Orleans
New England...
And on to New York.

:lol:lol You are so right. Boy I wish the Steelers were under .500 and had one of the worst records in the League right now. You got me :lol:lol

You denying they were pulling trick plays out their ass all game against New Orleans? It wasn't a knock. It was an observation. If it wins games, then it wins games.

Yeah, if they can't beat teams straight out because their coaches suck and roster lacks any real talent, then if looking for loop-holes in the way the rules/plays are written to create confusion for the opposing team and having to execute a play real quickly before they can figure it out works for them, then so be it.

New Orleans
New England...
And on to New York.

Actually they have a logo on their helmet. But it blends in so you don't really notice it...

it is a skid mark.

They had a few, but we don't need to resort to trick plays and it's not all we have, we played very well our last two games and they resulted in wins is what I'm saying.

Actually they have a logo on their helmet. But it blends in so you don't really notice it...

it is a skid mark.

Your skid marks are orange? Must be a Pittsburgh thing.

They had a few, but we don't need to resort to trick plays and it's not all we have, we played very well our last two games and they resulted in wins is what I'm saying.

If they "played so well" then why use trick plays? Because minus the trick plays the offense is mediocre at best. Thank Rob Ryan for those two upsets, not 'Man-genius' and his trick plays.

Dammit. . .well, at least we are seeing that the NFC is at least as strong as the strongest AFC teams at this point in the year. Saints beat Steelers, Falcons beat Ravens, Eagles beat Colts.

I am imagining a situation where the Falcons beat the Saints by a game, and end up getting a first round bye while the Saints have to duke it out with someone in a wildcard game. Would suck. Falcons need to lose more, IMO.

Where were all of the games played? Oh that's right all of them played at home. Switch locations for all 3 games I would bet that all the results are reversed.

Where were all of the games played? Oh that's right all of them played at home. Switch locations for all 3 games I would bet that all the results are reversed.
Rationalize all you want. The evidence is what it is. Conventional wisdom for the last several years has been that the AFC is stronger, but I'm not so sure that is the case right now. And of course, there is last year's Superbowl :yess:

See that big brown strip down the middle of your team's hemet?

That is the skid mark.

I don't know who's more brittle in this League, Bob Sanders or Chad Pennington. Geez, two plays? What a stud.

Back