NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^LOL

As for Joe Horn, that guy was way better than he should have been based on physical attributes. He worked his butt off, wasn't afraid of a hit, and made some ridiculously good catches. He also had an uncanny ability to feign injury after every other pass, which I've never seen another receiver quite duplicate.

Wow! Close call! I feel for the Browns' fans!

AP - Training at the NFL's Ceveland Browns' practice field was delayed nearly two hours last week after a player reported finding an unknown powdery substance on the ground.
Initially, the Browns' coaching staff thought it was a prank, but training was suspended after the coaches examined the area more closely. The police and homeland security were called to investigate. After an analysis of the scene, Police and Homeland Security forensic experts determined that the substance, while unfamiliar to the Browns' personnel was in fact just the chalk marking the goal line. Officials determined that the Browns are unlikely to encounter the substance very frequently and allowed the team to resume their practice.

In all seriousness, congrats need to go out to the Browns for winning two games back-to-back. That has to be some kind of franchise record!

McNabb just signed a $70+ million, 5 year deal with Washington. But he was just benched for freakin' Rex Grossman and they were working out Jamarcus Russell? I don't get it.

McNabb just signed a $70+ million, 5 year deal with Washington. But he was just benched for freakin' Rex Grossman and they were working out Jamarcus Russell? I don't get it.

It boggles the mind. Why would Donovan consider that? He could have his choice of teams next year. Maybe Minnesota or Arizona, where he lives in the offseason. Both teams have better skill players than the 'Skins do now...and Arizona is in a weaker division.

It boggles the mind. Why would Donovan consider that? He could have his choice of teams next year. Maybe Minnesota or Arizona, where he lives in the offseason. Both teams have better skill players than the 'Skins do now...and Arizona is in a weaker division.

Cause it is $70 million for 5 years and he might not have to play every game. :) ____ for that amount I would take it.

I can better understand McNabb's point of view than the Redskins. McNabb is getting up there in age and his career is winding down, so a 5 year contract of that magnitude looks pretty sweet from his perspective, even if he won't get treated like a star. But if the Redskins don't have faith in his abilities, why would they offer him that contract? There must be more to this than meets the eye, but I can't imagine what it is.

I really want to see Nate Davis get his shot. I loved watching him at Ball State. I know he's got a learning disability, but is something else going on with him? He seems to do really well in the preseason.

Singletary was disappointed in his work ethic during the offseason. He said that Nate wasn't putting in the extra study and training that a young QB needs. Once Troy Smith was available the Niners cut Nate and then resigned him to the practice squad... Still, he did look really good in the preseason. Singletary doesn't know what the ____ he's doing for the most part.

But Haynesworth's own work ethic and attitude was the problem there, which was evident well before he signed with Washington. McNabb's issues are more his ability to play as perceived by the coaches and (presumably) management. You can understand their thinking they could turn the former around, even if they were misguided.

Actually, I guess you can't :lol

Wacky Redskins.

^LOL

As for Joe Horn, that guy was way better than he should have been based on physical attributes. He worked his butt off, wasn't afraid of a hit, and made some ridiculously good catches. He also had an uncanny ability to feign injury after every other pass, which I've never seen another receiver quite duplicate.

Feign injury= Michael Irvin....

Yeah, Horn was a really good player... Just not with the Falcons.

i know they aren't the same, but they're both mind boggling signings. as are bringing in Jim Zorn, Steve Spurrier, etc.

there is a common denominator called Daniel Snyder. Guy is more out of touch with reality than Al Davis, except he's only 45 so he has no excuse.

A sign that it's only a matter of time before Mike Singletary is gone:

For the first time this season, San Francisco 49ers guard Chilo Rachal entered the game as a backup, not a starter, on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

The reason? He missed practice last week because of the birth of his son, Chilo Jr.

Rachal did play, but only after Adam Snyder, who took Rachal’s customary spot as the starting right guard, suffered a sprained ankle.

It’s not clear whether 49ers coach Mike Singletary made the decision to bench Rachal as some sort of punishment, viewing Rachal as not sufficiently dedicated to the team for his decision to skip practice, or if Singletary just thought Rachal had missed important practice time and wouldn’t be the 49ers’ best option after a week when his mind was elsewhere.

But the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Rachal didn’t agree with Singletary’s decision to remove him from the starting lineup.

“I’m a competitor,” Rachal said. “I want to play.”

WSH is the same team that signed albert haynesworth for like a zillion dollars.

But Haynesworth's own work ethic and attitude was the problem there, which was evident well before he signed with Washington. McNabb's issues are more his ability to play as perceived by the coaches and (presumably) management. You can understand their thinking they could turn the former around, even if they were misguided.

Actually, I guess you can't :lol

Wacky Redskins.

i know they aren't the same, but they're both mind boggling signings. as are bringing in Jim Zorn, Steve Spurrier, etc.

there is a common denominator called Daniel Snyder. Guy is more out of touch with reality than Al Davis, except he's only 45 so he has no excuse.

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly:

singletary is old school. i'm betting Ditka and Buddy Ryan didn't like skipping practice for any reason either. still, singletary doesn't exactly have the coaching cred that they did.

:rotfl at the Skins. How the hell do you give a guy with more interceptions than touchdowns a $78 million contract? :lol

Back