NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much. :rock It is what it is. :lol

May even have to buy myself and my dog Doug matching Vick jerseys. :rotfl

I saw that article in SI saying Vick's dog fighting days may have done more to help pit-bulls more than anything. So take that PETA :nana:

The officiating has been horrible this year. Absolutely almost unbearable to watch at times.

Between that and those stupid ass fines that have gotten out of control, you can see clear favortism from the League towards some franchises this season *cough-cough-PATRIOTS-cough-cough*. But I guess Jerry Jones didn't 'donate' enough money to the League offices like some others, like maybe Robert Kraft for example, just grasping a name out of thin-air, did. But at least Al Davis can't say the officials were against the Raiders yesterday like he used to always whine about during the 70s-80s, seeing as how Pittsburgh had 163 penalty yards accepted against them :lol:yess:

I saw that article in SI saying Vick's dog fighting days may have done more to help pit-bulls more than anything. So take that PETA :nana:
Well, isn't that kind of like saying that the recent economic crash did more to help straighten out our financial regulatory system than anything else could have? I mean, even if it's true, the initial act is still deplorable. When horrible occurrences make people face horrible realities that need changing, the horrible occurrences don't become excused or lessened.

Well, isn't that kind of like saying that the recent economic crash did more to help straighten out our financial regulatory system than anything else could have? I mean, even if it's true, the initial act is still deplorable. When horrible occurrences make people face horrible realities that need changing, the horrible occurrences don't become excused or lessened.

Yeah..thank god those Nazis killed all those Jews...that sure helped bring about an end to WW2. :cuckoo:

PS. Proud member of PETA here.

Yeah..thank god those Nazis killed all those Jews...that sure helped bring about an end to WW2. :cuckoo:

PS. Proud member of PETA here.

Leave it to a PETA member to bring something like that up to compare dog fighting to. Way to go! :clap

Now go tie yourself to a tree. :lecture

Seriously this is a good thread. No need to ruin it by making stupid comments like that. :tap

I was very careful in the example I chose :lol

I wasn't :)

Leave it to a PETA member to bring something like that up to compare dog fighting to. Way to go! :clap

Now go tie yourself to a tree. :lecture

Seriously this is a good thread. No need to ruin it by making stupid comments like that. :tap

Don't think it's stupid at all. Yes..I'm a PETA member, I'm a chef and I eat meat. I also believe that animals should have the right not to be abused, and I know for a fact that meat from an animal raised humanely tastes better than the crap from slash and burn slaughter houses where animals sit in and eat their own _____.

I wasn't bashing the poster..more the comment in the SI article.

Between that and those stupid ass fines that have gotten out of control, you can see clear favortism from the League towards some franchises this season *cough-cough-PATRIOTS-cough-cough*. But I guess Jerry Jones didn't 'donate' enough money to the League offices like some others, like maybe Robert Kraft for example, just grasping a name out of thin-air, did. But at least Al Davis can't say the officials were against the Raiders yesterday like he used to always whine about during the 70s-80s, seeing as how Pittsburgh had 163 penalty yards accepted against them :lol:yess:

:violin Boo-hoo the Cheatriots are getting all the calls.

And it's not like the Colts, Steelers, and Jets haven't had their fair share of "favoritism" from the referees this year. Hell the Colts president is the head of the referees. They've been getting phantom calls for years. There I joined the whining too.:wave

I find the officiating to be a wild card thrown in to the game that makes them a little more exciting. Referees are not perfect. They will blow calls and evey single penalty whiner on this forum would blow calls as well.

Personally, I find the complaining about penalties to be just about the most pathetic thing a fan can do.

Specific calls are fine, and part of the game that you have to accept unless you have automated systems for calling out of bounds/touchdowns (putting a microchip in the ball, etc.). My question is to systematic changes in the implementation or interpretation of rules that I wasn't aware of. If they are gonna change the rule about how a whistle blow affects the game, whatever (I think it would suck, because a blown whistle, to me, means a dead play period), but I haven't heard about it.

Well, Chilly just got the axe. Weeks too late for the Vikings though.

Maybe next year they'll have a coach that remembers that they have that Adrian Peterson guy.

I know it's hard to convey sarcasm over the computer, so that's when common sense comes into play. And anyway, they're freaking dogs. There are people playing in the League who have taken human lives and don't get as much crap as Vick. The guy payed his dues, not get over it :wink1:

:violin Boo-hoo the Cheatriots are getting all the calls.

And it's not like the Colts, Steelers, and Jets haven't had their fair share of "favoritism" from the referees this year. Hell the Colts president is the head of the referees. They've been getting phantom calls for years. There I joined the whining too.:wave

You've been whining for quite awhile, don't act like your the unbias football fan. Those Patriots are just as shady this year as they've ever been. And I agree about the Colts, but your case for the Jets and Steelers is pathetic at best. The Jets have had luck on their side, not officiating,and you obviously have not watched a Steelers game this season, with the exception of when you had your blinders on when they played, as you've proclaimed them, the Cheatriots :wave

I know it's hard to convey sarcasm over the computer, so that's when common sense comes into play. And anyway, they're freaking dogs. There are people playing in the League who have taken human lives and don't get as much crap as Vick. The guy payed his dues, not get over it :wink1:
Your argument was that more dogs are helped by Vick's actions than were hurt, and though you can find a silver lining in these kinds of episodes, it does not excuse the horrible acts that people engage in. And based on your apparent feelings about dogs, I don't think you were being sarcastic in your response.

No reasonable person is saying that what he did was worse than what Lewis was accused of, or of what Stallworth did, but I don't feel that I have any obligation to forgive or forget those who knowingly committing heinous acts. Spending time in jail is paying a legal cost as imposed by society, no more.

Your argument was that more dogs are helped by Vick's actions than were hurt, and though you can find a silver lining in these kinds of episodes, it does not excuse the horrible acts that people engage in. And based on your apparent feelings about dogs, I don't think you were being sarcastic in your response.

No reasonable person is saying that what he did was worse than what Lewis was accused of, or of what Stallworth did, but I don't feel that I have any obligation to forgive or forget those who knowingly committing heinous acts. Spending time in jail is paying a legal cost as imposed by society, no more.

:exactly::exactly:

I was having a little discusion with badmoon about Vick, and you apparently missed the whole joke by, I'm assuming, only reading my comment. But I thought since you brought it up, yeah, they're only dogs. I give a little more of a ____ about kids going hungry than about a certain breed of dog that should be sold to license holders as a deadly weapon. If I accidentily ran a dog over I'd only feel bad if a kid came running to it's side crying. Sorry, my charity dollars will go to St. Jude and orginizations of that nature.
And Vick lost more than anyone will ever know, and I'm not just talking about financial loss. You can have your opinion on the matter, that's cool, but I'm also entitled to mine. Now can we get back to football? Huh, how about them saints :1-1:

Back