NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young has been given more than enough leeway with his behaviors, IMO. If I were an owner or coach, there's no way I would want a whiny, emotionally unstable QB running my team no matter how much raw athletic talent he has. But then, Young has won a lot of games for Tennessee, and at the end of the day, winning is all that matters. So can they ignore all that stuff and get Young to the point where he can help them win?

I'm sure the owner has a lot of money invested in him, and Kerry Collins wouldn't give me a lot of confidence as a starter moving forward.

Considering what Andy Reid has done for QBs it makes you wonder if he could be better with the right coach. The right coach and an attitude adjustment could do him good. It's ashame when people are so talented and seem to just stink it up.

Nope. Fire Childress, has been talked about for a few years around here (it was forgotten last year for obvious reasons) The guy just permeates mediocre.

Frazier was going to get a job somewhere no matter what, might as well be here. (whether or not he'll be the coach next year we'll see, i think he will unless we go get a Cowher or something)

Nope. Fire Childress, has been talked about for a few years around here (it was forgotten last year for obvious reasons) The guy just permeates mediocre.

Frazier was going to get a job somewhere no matter what, might as well be here.

But didn't he progressively have better and better seasons with this season being the only exception?

But didn't he progressively have better and better seasons with this season being the only exception?

Pretty much but so have all recent Vikings coach's (for the most part)

The guy is vanilla plain and simple.. I'd rather have Tice back!

Nevermind I looked it up. I see someone that turned a team into winners. Then Favre comes in and he loses respect. :dunno

2006 - 6 and 10

2007 - 8 and 8

2008 - 10 and 6

2009 - 12 and 4

2010 - laid an egg

Nevermind I looked it up. I see someone that turned a team into winners. Then Favre comes in and he loses respect. :dunno

2006 - 6 and 10

2007 - 8 and 8

2008 - 10 and 6

2009 - 12 and 4

2010 - laid an egg

Yes, Childress was successful winning more games each year. But going back to his first year, the players hated him and that just grew. The only reason he wasn't fired before is because the team was winning.

2006 - 6 and 10

2007 - 8 and 8

2008 - 10 and 6

2009 - 12 and 4

2010 - laid an egg

Lots of Vikes coaches have that mark of improvement. I'm glad he's gone, and i''ll be glad 4 is gone at the end of the year as well. I'm excited for Frazier. (let go of the Favre hate, that's not the issue here, it was going on with him since the beginning almost)

Lots of Vikes coaches have that mark of improvement. I'm glad he's gone, and i''ll be glad 4 is gone at the end of the year as well. I'm excited for Frazier. (let go of the Favre hate, that's not the issue here, it was going on with him since the beginning almost)

That's why I asked. Minnesota is way off my radar.

However, I will never let go of my hate for Favre. He's a selfish bastard. :yess:

That's why I asked. Minnesota is way off my radar.

However, I will never let go of my hate for Favre. He's a selfish bastard. :yess:

So yes.

There have been rumors and rumblings for years now about people/players/coaches not liking him at all. (did Favre have a role in bringing that out more? Who can say for sure?) But it was going on for a while.

Now I KNOW Berrian's useless ass will not be back next year!:yess:

So yes.

There have been rumors and rumblings for years now about people/players/coaches not liking him at all. (did Favre have a role in bringing that out more? Who can say for sure?) But it was going on for a while.

Now I KNOW Berrian's useless ass will not be back next year!:yess:

Gottcha! They said on my local news that Minnesota actually had fire Chilly signs up. LOL! Talk about hardcore!

If Favre brang one thing(s) to my team i loved it is this. (Non Vikes fans will not really ever understand) Seeing Him (a former HATED rival..so hated) Trash the Pack last year twice in a Vikes uniform and bringing us to within a ____hair of the SB it was all worth it IMO. (shoulda just left then i guess) But mostly it was those Packer wins that were worth it!

(Never was a FAN of Favre, but as my only choice other than TJ, i had to root for him)

I sorta felt the way BadMoon was describing--it seemed to me that Childress was able to help make that team a winner, but the whole Favre situation was toxic. Like Oscorp says, I'm not living there, so this is all from a distance, but if I had a coach that proved he could win, I wouldn't give two ____s about whether he had a charming personality or whether the players like him or not. If they win for him (or even to spite him), then that's what counts. Better than having a guy like Mike Singletary, who is a real character, but can't seem to get his team to win games.

Fortunately, we have the best of both worlds in New Orleans right now. Payton has some weird coaching tendencies, but he can obviously win, and he's a very likable guy.

I learnt a new word at the Pats game yesterday, cacksucker.

As in the Colts are cacksuckers (add thick bostonian accent)

As a Canadian i can say hockey fans, dont have ____ on football fans, I have never seen anything as crazy as the tailgating experience, unbelievable.

Im making this an annual trip

I learnt a new word at the Pats game yesterday, cacksucker.

As in the Colts are cacksuckers (add thick bostonian accent)

As a Canadian i can say hockey fans, dont have ____ on football fans, I have never seen anything as crazy as the tailgating experience, unbelievable.

Im making this an annual trip

Football is simply the greatest sport on the planet. :rock

Back