NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For real, PETA is one of the most worthless organizations in the world. If that money they get every year was put towards human lives and bettering them, then the world would be a better place. But hey, your comparing Vick's abuse of dogs to Nazis' mass murdering the Jews was spot on and classy. :cuckoo:

You've been whining for quite awhile, don't act like your the unbias football fan. Those Patriots are just as shady this year as they've ever been. And I agree about the Colts, but your case for the Jets and Steelers is pathetic at best. The Jets have had luck on their side, not officiating,and you obviously have not watched a Steelers game this season, with the exception of when you had your blinders on when they played, as you've proclaimed them, the Cheatriots :wave

Yes, I'm definitely biased for the Patriots.:wink1: Exactly what shady activities have the Patriot's been up to since Spygate though?

I've seen the Steelers play Miami, a game which had it's controversies, but was correctly called in the end. They also just played in 3 straight national broadcasts. I've had my fill of the Steely McBeams now. They get a bit of favoritism like most marquee franchises usually do. It's just the way the NFL is run.

For real, PETA is one of the most worthless organizations in the world. If that money they get every year was put towards human lives and bettering them, then the world would be a better place. But hey, your comparing Vick's abuse of dogs to Nazis' mass murdering the Jews was spot on and classy. :cuckoo:

There are plenty of organizations that seek to better people's lives. Hundreds of them..Ronald McDonald House, Make a Wish Foundation, Salvation Army, Purple Heart, the United Way, American Red Cross, Shriners Hospital, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, Easter Seals, Food for the Poor, Childrens Hospital..and the list goes on. There are over 1000 organizations in this country and world wide whose job it is to help human beings. Why are you so bent out of shape about PETA and people caring about cruelty to animals? And dogs are innocent, so it's OK for humans to abuse them? And I wasn't comparing Vick to Nazis..i was comparing the logic that "well Vick killed hundreds of dogs but he went and spoke to a school about it yesterday so it's all good." That makes no sense to me at all. We will never agree on this...you obviously have different feelings about animals compared to me.

And Vick lost more than anyone will ever know, and I'm not just talking about financial loss.

Vick lost nothing..he'll make more money now than ever. He'll prob win MVP this season and if the Eagles go on to win the Superbowl this year he'll more likely than not be MVP of that as well. People love Vick and most people don't care about the whole dog incident. Just this past weekend in Baltimore cops broke up a new dog fighting ring and when they talked to the guys arrested they said they wanted to be like Michael Vick.

Yes, I'm definitely biased for the Patriots.:wink1: Exactly what shady activities have the Patriot's been up to since Spygate though?

I've seen the Steelers play Miami, a game which had it's controversies, but was correctly called in the end. They also just played in 3 straight national broadcasts. I've had my fill of the Steely McBeams now. They get a bit of favoritism like most marquee franchises usually do. It's just the way the NFL is run.

Really? Favortism? I have no idea what games you were watching, but the officiating in those games was horrible. The Steelers lost the games they lost, and not due to the officiating, but the calls and fines against them in those games were ridiculous. The one Woodley just got was BS, just like the one Harrison got for hitting Brees. If anything, Polamalu should have gotten one for twisting Brady's head in the endzone. But hey, the Pats D constantly bangs their helmets into players because they tackle helmet first, and that's fine. And that O line should give the pass rushers wallets back at the end of the game, but they're just that damn good. For an organization who sparked a dynasty on, arguably, one of the worst calls in League history, you have little room to say any team gets favortism. :monkey1 (sorry, just added that in so it doesn't seem as if I'm pissed off or anything)

Really? Favortism? I have no idea what games you were watching, but the officiating in those games was horrible. The Steelers lost the games they lost, and not due to the officiating, but the calls and fines against them in those games were ridiculous. The one Woodley just got was BS, just like the one Harrison got for hitting Brees. If anything, Polamalu should have gotten one for twisting Brady's head in the endzone. But hey, the Pats D constantly bangs their helmets into players because they tackle helmet first, and that's fine. And that O line should give the pass rushers wallets back at the end of the game, but they're just that damn good. For an organization who sparked a dynasty on, arguably, one of the worst calls in League history, you have little room to say any team gets favortism. :monkey1 (sorry, just added that in so it doesn't seem as if I'm pissed off or anything)

Are you sure you're not a Raiders fan?:lol

Yeah, the tuck rule sucked. I can't feel bad for the Raiders though. Just go back to the '76 playoffs and see one of the worst roughing the passer calls ever.

Vick lost nothing..he'll make more money now than ever. He'll prob win MVP this season and if the Eagles go on to win the Superbowl this year he'll more likely than not be MVP of that as well. People love Vick and most people don't care about the whole dog incident. Just this past weekend in Baltimore cops broke up a new dog fighting ring and when they talked to the guys arrested they said they wanted to be like Michael Vick.

Vick lost nothing? You obviously have little, if any, idea how a player makes the real 'big money'. Vick had a huge contract with Nike that he lost, and no major corporation will ever sign him to a deal like that again for fear of retards, like PETA, protesting and hurting their sales. Just like Roethlisberger lost a deal with Campbell's when he got in that motorcycle accident. He was actually scheduled to shot a commercial with them shortly after that, and obviously couldn't, and that's why you saw the one with the Steelers team mother where their laundry is hanging up in Heinz Field. The difference between Ben and Vick is Ben is a franchise QB and Vick lost all credibility through out the League, and if not for Dungy and McNabb lobbying for him, probably never would have gotten signed by the Eagles. For as big a star as he is right now, he makes next to nothing, and the Eagles will probably cut ties with him after the season for about a first or second round pick, but he still will not get a big contract because he will probably only be brought in as a back-up. And League MVP probably won't happen either, for fear of retards, like PETA, protesting and hurting the image of the League. And in reference to your classless comment about the murdering of Jews ending WWII, it didn't, it had a huge impact on the progression of medicine because of all the torture/testing the Nazi doctors did on the prisoners. But hey, save the dogs :cuckoo:

Yeah, the tuck rule sucked. I can't feel bad for the Raiders though. Just go back to the '76 playoffs and see one of the worst roughing the passer calls ever.

Not even close to a Raiders fan ... not even close :lol

Vick lost nothing? You obviously have little, if any, idea how a player makes the real 'big money'. Vick had a huge contract with Nike that he lost, and no major corporation will ever sign him to a deal like that again for fear of retards, like PETA, protesting and hurting their sales. Just like Roethlisberger lost a deal with Campbell's when he got in that motorcycle accident. He was actually scheduled to shot a commercial with them shortly after that, and obviously couldn't, and that's why you saw the one with the Steelers team mother where their laundry is hanging up in Heinz Field. The difference between Ben and Vick is Ben is a franchise QB and Vick lost all credibility through out the League, and if not for Dungy and McNabb lobbying for him, probably never would have gotten signed by the Eagles. For as big a star as he is right now, he makes next to nothing, and the Eagles will probably cut ties with him after the season for about a first or second round pick, but he still will not get a big contract because he will probably only be brought in as a back-up. And League MVP probably won't happen either, for fear of retards, like PETA, protesting and hurting the image of the League. And in reference to your classless comment about the murdering of Jews ending WWII, it didn't, it had a huge impact on the progression of medicine because of all the torture/testing the Nazi doctors did on the prisoners. But hey, save the dogs :cuckoo:

According to a business/sports site:

"Now it's time for Vick to cash in.

Free Agency: Vick's contract runs out this year and he could go back on the open market. However, even before Monday night, the Eagles had stated their intention to keep him "next year and beyond." Plus, Vick has not forgotten that Philadelphia took a chance on him when few other teams would. Look for the Eagles to sign Vick and reward him handsomely.

But for how much? Well, if the Eagles put the "franchise" tag on Vick that would give them exclusive negotiation rights but, by rule, they would have to offer him at least, "a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position." For a quarterback last year, that number was $16,405,000. After the 2011 CBA is signed (if it's signed), it could be as much as $20 million.

That's the low end. Considering the deal the older McNabb just got — and that both sides like each other and want to remain together — it's more likely that the Eagles would negotiate a multi-year deal, with a big upfront signing bonus, that would guarantee Vick close to $50 million.

Vick will make $5 million in 2010.

Sponsors: Since returning to the league last year, Vick has been wearing Nike shoes ... for no endorsement fee. Fresh out of jail, his old sponsor was happy to give him free shoes, but wasn't about to sign a new endorsement deal with such a unpopular figure.

Now, if they don't snatch him up, another sports company will almost certainly move into make Vick an offer. Look for a bidding war between Nike and Under Armour, which would love to land another top superstar for their growing stable."

Yes...I think it's wrong to abuse animals. I guess you feel the opposite and that explains your views on this and your numerous uses of the word "retard" to talk about PETA. And thank you for calling me "retarded" because I care about animals.

Last edited:

Not even close to a Raiders fan ... not even close :lol

Watch it both of you.:wave

I see that the Titans owner says that Young and Fisher have to learn to get along. But I don't know how they can do that after Young's tirade. That guy seems to have serious emotional issues that need to be fixed before he can function as an effective QB of a professional football team.

I see that the Titans owner says that Young and Fisher have to learn to get along. But I don't know how they can do that after Young's tirade. That guy seems to have serious emotional issues that need to be fixed before he can function as an effective QB of a professional football team.

he prob meant "get along" until the seasons over so we can get another QB :rotfl

Back