NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand this kind of thing. They blew the play dead before it was recovered, so how can they give the ball to the Eagles after the fumble? I've seen them do this a few times this year.

I don't understand this kind of thing. They blew the play dead before it was recovered, so how can they give the ball to the Eagles after the fumble? I've seen them do this a few times this year.

Really there shouldn't have been a whistle. The Eagle player should have been able to continue the play after Eli fumbled. Very similar to a few plays in the NE/SD game earlier this season.

I will say this. The Eagles could have blown the G girls away. However they made huge mistakes and are lucky to pull off a win. That won't cut it in the playoffs.

I will say this. The Eagles could have blown the G girls away. However they made huge mistakes and are lucky to pull off a win. That won't cut it in the playoffs.

Yeah, those early mistakes and field goals were killing me. That dropped TD by Avant was pathetic.

Woulda never picked the Eagles at the beginning of the year to be doing this well.

/crosses fingers chilly is fired today

(I know it's not all his fault this year, but i never really cared for him)

He's a b*tch.

****** bag, yeah, b*tch, no. The guy's played with a seperated shoulder, messed up hand and has had several concussions, and still has the winningest record in his first five years. The Browns can't keep a QB long enough to find out if they're a b*tch or not. You're just jealous of his success :nana:
Ya know, you should be happier for an Ohio native :lol

I agree, but there was. Maybe there was some rule change this year?

Or like the Calvin Johnson no TD during week 1, or the infamous Brady rule .... I mean tuck rule, they just all of the sudden want to read into the way the rule's written too much.

It doesn't even matter in the context of last night's game so much (I'm pretty sure the Giants would have found a way to lose no matter what), but it just seems like in years past, a whistle was blown, and that was it. I've seen 3 or 4 instances of this this year where they blow the whistle, then review somehow, and decide that a turnover took place after the whistle was blown. Sometimes it has even benefited my team. But if I was a player, it would bother the crap out of me. These guys are trained to stop on a dime when the whistle blows, for the fear of being penalized, fined, or suspended for late hits, etc., but they get rewarded if they keep playing after a whistle and pick up a loose ball?

The NFL's rules (or at least, the enforcement of their rules) just seem absurd sometimes.

Even if you can agree that the fumble took place before the whistle was blown, if the recovery happens after the whistle, then it shouldn't count, right? Isn't that they way they used to do it? Whatever.

Then again, they're taught to go after a loose ball even after the whistle blows because there might be something reviewable, but then you got the Ed Hochuli blown turnover call in Denver a few years back that cost San Diego the game, because of a blown whistle. Officials constantly blow calls every game. In a sense it adds to the drama of the game, and it can help your team sometimes or it can hurt them. I'd like to see it more like college where the coach's challenges don't exist and every play is reviewed, but once again I think the League keeps it the way it is because of the added drama.

nfl_u_mvick2_576.jpg

The consistency in the officiating from week-to-week is awful, and like everyone has said, sometimes it helps ya and sometimes it hurts ya.

Back