NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learnt a new word at the Pats game yesterday, cacksucker.

As in the Colts are cacksuckers (add thick bostonian accent)

As a Canadian i can say hockey fans, dont have ____ on football fans, I have never seen anything as crazy as the tailgating experience, unbelievable.

Im making this an annual trip

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yesterday watching football in Scottsdale with some friends

5ae402d0.jpg

Oh, that was misleading? :lol

I was with "friends" and just happened to be at the same bar as the Bus, a Phillies bar no less. He was very cool and polite. My other friend noticed him first, hesitated to get a pic with him, I finally convinced her. Then we sent them a round, but I think they were probably drinking on house or whatever cause there was no charge.

Pic was on his way out.

And yes, Cardinals fan, but sharing the love and going back to my roots. My cards shirt was in the car, but I couldn't bring myself to put it on.

If Favre brang one thing(s) to my team i loved it is this. (Non Vikes fans will not really ever understand) Seeing Him (a former HATED rival..so hated) Trash the Pack last year twice in a Vikes uniform and bringing us to within a ____hair of the SB it was all worth it IMO. (shoulda just left then i guess) But mostly it was those Packer wins that were worth it!

(Never was a FAN of Favre, but as my only choice other than TJ, i had to root for him)

That is fine with me as long as he goes out losing to the Packers twice this year in that ugly Vikings jersey. Doesn't hurt that one of them was a pounding.

:duff

Oh, that was misleading? :lol

I was with "friends" and just happened to be at the same bar as the Bus, a Phillies bar no less. He was very cool and polite. My other friend noticed him first, hesitated to get a pic with him, I finally convinced her. Then we sent them a round, but I think they were probably drinking on house or whatever cause there was no charge.

Pic was on his way out.

And yes, Cardinals fan, but sharing the love and going back to my roots. My cards shirt was in the car, but I couldn't bring myself to put it on.
:rotfl:rotfl

I was that has to be him, bit then I was like its a bar in AZ I doubt its him.

Personally I profiled him for just another black dude.

I wouldnt want to be the guy that had to do a TSA screen on the Bus. His arms were huge.

Actually, I was surprised that except for our 3 photos, which were quick and asked in advance, that no one else was asking for pics. I'm not sure if many people in the bar even knew he was there. It was very low key and he was just playing cards enjoying a Heinekin.

I wouldnt want to be the guy that had to do a TSA screen on the Bus. His arms were huge.

Actually, I was surprised that except for our 3 photos, which were quick and asked in advance, that no one else was asking for pics. I'm not sure if many people in the bar even knew he was there. It was very low key and he was just playing cards enjoying a Heinekin.

LOL! Yeah he is a big boy. That's very cool though! :rock

I'm jealous, truly jealous :) The Bus is a class act. I miss what he brought to the Steelers.

the steelers did it in 2005(i think) as the 6th seed. so it could happen

Nuh-uh! I never knew that :cuckoo: Seriously, I was just messing karamazov, he's a Saints fan. And yes, Pittsburgh was the 6 seed in 05, the Giants were the 5 seed in 07 and even the Ravens were the 5 seed in 2000. All in all though, over Super Bowl history the % of WC teams making it to the SB is low, like only 5 have ever won it (other two were Oakland in 80- sorry badmoon- and Denver in 97).

Nuh-uh! I never knew that :cuckoo: Seriously, I was just messing karamazov, he's a Saints fan. And yes, Pittsburgh was the 6 seed in 05, the Giants were the 5 seed in 07 and even the Ravens were the 5 seed in 2000. All in all though, over Super Bowl history the % of WC teams making it to the SB is low, like only 5 have ever won it (other two were Oakland in 80- sorry badmoon- and Denver in 97).

:nana::nana::nana::nana:

Bettis is a guy with a very recognizable face, so I'm also surprised more people didn't come up to him. But then, I guess he's been away for a few years. He seems like the kind of guy they would hire to do commentary on the NFL channel (seems friendly and recognizable), so I'm a bit surprised not to see him there, now that I think about it.

Average point spread this week was 15.56.

NFL is just not competitive, 11/16 games were decided by more than 2 touchdowns.

Week 11: 15.56
Week 10: 11.79
Week 9: 13.15
Week 8: 10.92
Week 7: 10.07
Week 6: 9.00
Week 5: 11.86
Week 4: 10.43
Week 3: 12.25
Week 2: 11.94
Week 1: 8.94

Only 2 weeks were the average spread was less than 10.

Interestingly, as bad as the Browns are, their 7 loses are by a combined 50 points which is only 7.14 average. The Broncos 7 loses have been by a combined 113 pts for a 16.14 average. :lol

The chances of watching a competitve game on tv is about 1/5.

Last edited:
Average point spread this week was 15.56.

NFL is just not competitive, 11/16 games were decided by more than 2 touchdowns.

I think teams just took a few weeks longer this year to settle in. Now that that's happened you are seeing some of what we are used to.

That's kind of surprising to me. You expect some teams to be garbage and others to be really good, but in general and on balance, you expect there to be some competition. Particularly in a league where there are salary cap issues and draft/free agency priorities given to the truly crappier teams (unlike the farce of the NBA with its rigged powerball system used for the draft).

That's kind of surprising to me. You expect some teams to be garbage and others to be really good, but in general and on balance, you expect there to be some competition. Particularly in a league where there are salary cap issues and draft/free agency priorities given to the truly crappier teams (unlike the farce of the NBA with its rigged powerball system used for the draft).

Overall, the league seems competitive, where a lot of teams can lose one week then win the next. But whats weird is that a team can blow out a team one week and then get blown out the next. Only about 3 or 4 games each week are decided by less than a TD. Many more are being decided by 17 pts or more, which I consider an absolute blow out.

As I said, the Broncos 7 loses are by 16.14 avg. But their 3 wins are by a 14.33 avg. :dunno

This would be like every baseball game ending 6-3 or basketball game 100-80.

Last edited:
Back