NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, the league seems competitive, where a lot of teams can lose one week then win the next. But whats weird is that a team can blow out a team one week and then get blown out the next. Only about 3 or 4 games each week are decided by less than a TD. Many more are being decided by 17 pts or more, which I consider an absolute blow out.

Very strange indeed.

Yeah, I think the inconsistency within teams this year is more surprising than the disparity between teams.

Very well said. Thats a good way of putting it.

Personally, I think thats a result of expansion and free agency. It created parity by spreading the talent thin...but also inconsistency. Very few teams have a solid "core" of players. Also, the talent in the league isn't what it used to be even 5 years ago.

I think this year more than ever, any team who makes the playoffs has a shot at making the Super Bowl.

Thats probably true because you don't know what to expect from any of the teams. They are just as likely to come out and lay an egg as they are to be world beaters.

In the greater context, the craziness is interesting, but watching individual games 35-14 isn't fun at all.

I agree with this. But I am extreme in the other direction. I love defensive games. An end score of 14-10 with a couple of lead changes during the game is a great game to me. Too much scoring diminishes the excitement to me. And that is whether one or both teams are doing it.

A game that goes 42-35 loses my interest to the point that I don't care who wins (unless, of course, it is the Steelers).

I think this year more than ever, any team who makes the playoffs has a shot at making the Super Bowl.

True. Look at my post on the previous page about the wild card teams who won Super Bowl. Up until 2000, 2 teams pulled that off, but in the 2000s 3 WC teams won the Super Bowl. Every season it's truly anyones game.

Okay, let me rephrase that, it's anyones game who makes it to the play-offs. Browns, definitely not going. They'd even get turned away at the gates WITH tickets.

Wait, just had to go confirm something, Sunday Hillis had 48 yards rushing and Roethlisberger had 55 ........ :rotfl

Little late, but wanted to throw my $.02 in.

I see that the Titans owner says that Young and Fisher have to learn to get along. But I don't know how they can do that after Young's tirade. That guy seems to have serious emotional issues that need to be fixed before he can function as an effective QB of a professional football team.

he prob meant "get along" until the seasons over so we can get another QB :rotfl

Problem is Bud Adams loves Vince Young. He loves the fact that Houston passed on Young for Mario Williams, and believes Young is good enough for Adams to stick it to the Texans twice a year (don't forget Adams had to move the Oilers from Houston). It's tough as a coach when a player has an owner in his pocket.

Yes, Childress was successful winning more games each year. But going back to his first year, the players hated him and that just grew. The only reason he wasn't fired before is because the team was winning.

There have been rumors and rumblings for years now about people/players/coaches not liking him at all. (did Favre have a role in bringing that out more? Who can say for sure?) But it was going on for a while.

Now I KNOW Berrian's useless ass will not be back next year!:yess:

Childress cut Marcus Robinson on Christmas Eve after Robinson criticized the offense.

He also fined Troy Williamson for being away from the team after Williamson's grandmother passed away. The fines were later rescinded, but still.

Don't want to read in anything or try to extrapolate any Machiavellian moves / ulterior motives here, but you have to think that if Childress was still the Vikes coach, he'd start Jackson just to give him some more experience / reps with the season in the bag. With Frazier already coming out and saying Favre is starting, Favre gets to protect and extend his precious streak of starts.

How many willing girls does it take to please Ben Roethlisberger?

No one knows since he's never had a "willing" girl before.

Back