NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw he chewed scrawny little Jackson out, I thought he ate the poor kid :lol That was a game Philly should've won. Too many stupid errors, and ____ler played somewhat error free, believe it or not :horror I think Reid just took his frustration of the entire game out on Jackson.

When I saw he chewed scrawny little Jackson out, I thought he ate the poor kid :lol That was a game Philly should've won. Too many stupid errors, and ____ler played somewhat error free, believe it or not :horror I think Reid just took his frustration of the entire game out on Jackson.

A lot of things to be pissed about. It's good to know that Reid has this in him. You wouldn't know it from his press conferences. I also love that he handles things behind closed doors.

They should have won that damn game. No excuses. Dropped balls, missed passes. It was a sorry excuse for a game. I have a feeling they are going to lay the hurt down on Thursday. :rock

A lot of things to be pissed about. It's good to know that Reid has this in him. You wouldn't know it from his press conferences. I also love that he handles things behind closed doors.
I was thinking the same thing. But this is something you like to see in your coach. If the players don't respect you enough to take your comments to heart, then you can end up in a bad situation like Childress.

I was thinking the same thing. But this is something you like to see in your coach. If the players don't respect you enough to take your comments to heart, then you can end up in a bad situation like Childress.

Exactly, plus this team is VERY young. Which means a lot less Vets to take over that leadership role. Not to mention a lot of young hot dogs that if left unchecked could develop huge egos. So I'm all for a heavy hand if needed.

Hell even Vick said during his press conference "I'll take care of the young guy. He'll be alright."

I like that! McNabb very rarely said stuff like that. It shows Vick is taking control of the locker room.

Wow...a cracked hip for Frank Gore. Done for the year. I was happy to see him leave the game last night because it helped my fantasy team get a critical win. But hearing this sucks and makes me feel a little guilty. The 49ers won't have an issue because of it with Westbrook running for them. But I am surprised that Gore didn't look to be that uncomfortable when the cameras showed him on the sidelines so I figured him for a severe sprain or something. I would think that a cracked hip would be agonizing.

Alright, I got a chance to analyze the nationally broadcast games (Opening Night, Sunday Night, Monday Night, and all Thursday games).

There were 31 total games, accumulated spread was 396 points. So that is a spread of 12.77 pts per game.

TV ratings are still out of this world, but we haven't really been privy to much excitement. Compared to the average spread of all games, the TV games are actually worse. Supposedly those are the better matchups for the week.
Week 12: 10.48
Week 11: 15.56
Week 10: 11.79
Week 9: 13.15
Week 8: 10.92
Week 7: 10.07
Week 6: 9.00
Week 5: 11.86
Week 4: 10.43
Week 3: 12.25
Week 2: 11.94
Week 1: 8.94

I am also a little nervous that the NFL feels enough of a possibility of problems from not having an agreement between the players and teams causing problems for next season that they find it necessary to have a stand-by ticket refund plan.

I am sure that they will get things squared away in time. But if they don't, I would be happy with replacement players like they did in '87. Hell, I might prefer that.

Wow...a cracked hip for Frank Gore. Done for the year. I was happy to see him leave the game last night because it helped my fantasy team get a critical win. But hearing this sucks and makes me feel a little guilty. The 49ers won't have an issue because of it with Westbrook running for them. But I am surprised that Gore didn't look to be that uncomfortable when the cameras showed him on the sidelines so I figured him for a severe sprain or something. I would think that a cracked hip would be agonizing.

Was the pic of the mug the same one you got?

Alright, I got a chance to analyze the nationally broadcast games (Opening Night, Sunday Night, Monday Night, and all Thursday games).

There were 31 total games, accumulated spread was 396 points. So that is a spread of 12.77 pts per game.

TV ratings are still out of this world, but we haven't really been privy to much excitement. Compared to the average spread of all games, the TV games are actually pretty bad.

I really don't think it means anything more than "that's just the way this year is going".

I really don't think it means anything more than "that's just the way this year is going".

You might be right, but I've had a feeling this was coming for a while, and now its finally being shown in the numbers. The NFL is a deteriorating product and we're all watching it in spite of the fact. I think we are all watching what looks like a beautiful forest, but all the individual trees making up the forest are sort of crappy.

I put all the numbers together myself, so I don't have time to do more than 1 year. I wish I had the averages for the past several years to see if its a trend.

Was the pic of the mug the same one you got?

Nope. Here is the big boy I hunted for two years to find. They finally showed up on ebay and I got 2 of them.

DSC08928.jpg

Don't get me wrong, though. I appreciate your keeping it in mind and if you had sent that one because I hadn't found one yet...I would have been a happy camper!

Christ! I feel...dirty. I just clicked on a link that was talking about a bunch of Steeler fans at the Bills stadium and the Bills getting booed as they left the field after a practice...

and it was a twitter tweet. I feel...feminine...just saying "twitter tweet". I feel betrayed being led to twitter via the Steelers' website.

Nope. Here is the big boy I hunted for two years to find. They finally showed up on ebay and I got 2 of them.

DSC08928.jpg

Don't get me wrong, though. I appreciate your keeping it in mind and if you had sent that one because I hadn't found one yet...I would have been a happy camper!

No problemo!

has frank gore ever made it through a full season?

a cracked hip sounds scary. is that what ended Bo Jackson's career?

BTW, I will always believe that Bo was a better baseball player than football player. Man that guy was incredible on the diamond.

a cracked hip sounds scary. is that what ended Bo Jackson's career?

BTW, I will always believe that Bo was a better baseball player than football player. Man that guy was incredible on the diamond.

No, Bo pulled his hip out of socket and tore the labrum of his hip. Something today that could have been fixed and he'd have been back at 100%.

Bo was fun to watch here in KC. Crazy talent and he'd have been great if he had stuck with it.

Back