NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having the right attitude to win is pretty rare, and requires guys to act differently in different situations. Not the guy's biggest fan, but I think Tom Brady is a good example of a good leadership attitude. He does not seem to get rattled very often, and plays like there is ice water coursing through his veins much of the time. But when his teams needs it, he can get pissed off and can take control of his teammates.

But with stress, you want to straddle the extremes. A guy like Brady feels pressure when he needs to, and feeds off of it. A guy like McNabb seemed to just keep the same mentality all the time. Like sprig said, he treated moments in the Superbowl like it was some pointless scrimmage.

Just got the new SI with the Sportsman of the Year on the cover, Drew Brees. Awesome guy, loved him at San Diego, and glad to see him getting the recognition he deserves. I just hope that now he doesn't turn into a primaddona like Brady and manning.
:rock

I think all the commercials and attention have already changed his behavior slightly. He seems more like a politician now :(

I always got the impression that McNabb was aloof. He was kind of the opposite of Phillip Rivers, in that he never seemed to get too excited or into the game. He had great skills and was able to win games, but I didn't see his attitude as something that would get his teammates to rally behind him, etc.

Replace McNabb with Drew Bledsoe and and that's the Patriots of '93-'01 Week 2.

I still love Bledsoe, but am at the same time thankful for Mo Lewis.

Just got the new SI with the Sportsman of the Year on the cover, Drew Brees. Awesome guy, loved him at San Diego, and glad to see him getting the recognition he deserves. I just hope that now he doesn't turn into a primaddona like Brady and manning.

Or Ben Roethlisberger. :)

I've never thought of Drew Brees as a "politician". He is, at least to me, a goodwill ambassador for the Saints, and our region. He has always represented the team, and the citizens and area in a good way. Being that he is the quarterback of the team, they tend to be the center of attention. Also the leader of the team. Drew has done all of those things so well. I could not think of any other man out there in the N.F.L. I would rather have as our quarterback. He is my favorite player...hands down. He's put up outstanding numbers in the last 4 seasons he's been here proving he is a great quarterback, and of course was the Super Bowl M.V.P. He has done great things for our community, and we're thankful for that too. He deserves to be named "Sportsman Of The Year", and I'm very proud of him.

Our team finally reached the ultimate goal last season getting to the Super Bowl...and winning it! :yess: Drew was part of the dream, and continues to be a great representative for us all here. :wave

Maybe you are right... Ben is more overrated than prema donna.

But ya know what, thanks to him I got to watch my favorite sports team win two championships in 4 seasons. That's a hell of a lot more than most sports fans can say, so I'll take the overrated-not-quite-a-prima-donna Mr. Roethlisberger :yess:

I should have changed that again to say all Steelers are prima donnas. If I have to hear Ward or Harrison one more time _____ and complain that the NFL is "Out to get them" by changing the hit rules I'm gonna scream. The NFL gave you a SB and kisses your butts all the time (Ben's suspension stops right when they go on national TV for 3 games... please.) Why in the hell would they be against you. Seems like all Steeler players (and a lot of their fans) think the world revolves around them.

I should have changed that again to say all Steelers are prima donnas. If I have to hear Ward or Harrison one more time _____ and complain that the NFL is "Out to get them" by changing the hit rules I'm gonna scream. The NFL gave you a SB and kisses your butts all the time (Ben's suspension stops right when they go on national TV for 3 games... please.) Why in the hell would they be against you. Seems like all Steeler players (and a lot of their fans) think the world revolves around them.

Now, now, it stopped the week of the bye, and then they played the Browns before going into 3 straight night games. And for crying out loud, it's been almost 5 years, get over it :monkey2

True and at least my #1 team Tampa Bay has a SB ring but to actually be in a city that wins a championship would just be so sweet.

He was busy throwing up on the field. :lol

bengals-receiver-terrell.jpg

Back