NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm usually _____ing about the soft penalties that they give defenses on hits on QBs. So I never really noticed all the hits on Vick. Last night they showed a plethora of hits on Vick that were no calls. The Eagles took all their videos and filed a grievance with the NFL. I have to say the evidence is remarkable. Late hits low hits and blows to they head. None called penalties. I guess the refs do pick their favorites.

I bet it has something to do with the fact that he scrambles so much. Refs probably think of him as much as a running back as a quarter back, since a big part of his game is running around and getting hit. Traditional pocket QBs aren't gonna do that very much, and frankly, they probably need more protection to stay healthy since they aren't as accustomed to getting beat up and are more prone to Brady-type injuries. Also, he's black.

Having said that, it isn't fair based on the rule, but life ain't fair either.

So I'm usually _____ing about the soft penalties that they give defenses on hits on QBs. So I never really noticed all the hits on Vick. Last night they showed a plethora of hits on Vick that were no calls. The Eagles took all their videos and filed a grievance with the NFL. I have to say the evidence is remarkable. Late hits low hits and blows to they head. None called penalties. I guess the refs do pick their favorites.

I hear if they win the grievance Andy Reid gets a bucket of chicken from Popeyes. That's some good eatin'.

I bet it has something to do with the fact that he scrambles so much. Refs probably think of him as much as a running back as a quarter back, since a big part of his game is running around and getting hit. Traditional pocket QBs aren't gonna do that very much, and frankly, they probably need more protection to stay healthy since they aren't as accustomed to getting beat up and are more prone to Brady-type injuries. Also, he's black.

Having said that, it isn't fair based on the rule, but life ain't fair either.

Yeah they were talking about his abilities and such last night. The fact of the matter is he has to be treated the same way as every other QB. That said I think a big part is still the dog fighting thing. Which is understandable but still not following the rules. The NFL has agreed with the Eagles and assured them they will monitor it closely here on out.

So we will see.

I hear if they win the grievance Andy Reid gets a bucket of chicken from Popeyes. That's some good eatin'.

I will never poke fun of Reid. He did something wonderful for my family when my Dad was dying of cancer and I will never forget that. Plus hes an excellent coach.

I agree with BadMoon. After the Steelers/Bills game they were talking about Harrison's hit on Fitzpatrick drawing a penalty, but showed the Bills beating the ____ out of Roethlisber after they sacked him and the play was blown dead, but not drawing any penalties. In 08 if that'd been any QB besides Brady or Manning gettingtheir knee destroyed then the rules would not have been completely re-vamped to protect Brady from that happening again.

It's essentially the League protecting their cash-cows. Brady and Manning are known to the casual fans as the pristine little pocket-passers who "light-up" the score board, whereas Qbs like Roethlisberger, Vick, MaNabb, Rivers and such are known for their scrambling abilities and toughness. So if anyone looks at the poster boys too hard then they're getting penalized and fined, where they'll let the others get their blocks knocked off and that gets chalked up as "he's just a tough son-of-a-gun who can take those beatings and still lead his team to a victory".

It's just a load of crap is all it is.

:rock :rock that's great man, if you dont mind me asking, what did Reid do?

When I knew my dad wasn't going to make it I called the Eagles front office. I talked to a guy for about 20 minutes. I wanted to see if a player could call him or something. The guy said they usually don't do that because those requests tend to upset the players emotionally. Two days later a letter came from Reid himself. It was not a standard letter either. It was tailored to my Dads illness and even his situation. It told him to to never give up and all of that. It said something like I tell my players to never give up and I hope you never give up. The letter was far longer then just that i have a copy somewhere Signed by Reid. I buried my dad with that letter.

What made it so special is it wasn't some generic letter. I will never forget that.

I understand Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai has been hurt, but Manning has been really bad decision wise this year. Horrible three game stretch.

*^%$*%)%*#$&# TAMPA BAY &%$*%$)%*# Those loosers better not be thinking playoffs. Nice way to blow a 10 point lead schmucks.

Interesting day. I am starting to think I should have taken the Jets for tomorrow night's game in the pick 'em pool.

Tampa Bay imploded there at the end of the game but I'm not complaining.

I can't believe Peyton has 11 picks in 3 games. He and his brother both are Farvin' it up.

When I knew my dad wasn't going to make it I called the Eagles front office. I talked to a guy for about 20 minutes. I wanted to see if a player could call him or something. The guy said they usually don't do that because those requests tend to upset the players emotionally. Two days later a letter came from Reid himself. It was not a standard letter either. It was tailored to my Dads illness and even his situation. It told him to to never give up and all of that. It said something like I tell my players to never give up and I hope you never give up. The letter was far longer then just that i have a copy somewhere Signed by Reid. I buried my dad with that letter.

What made it so special is it wasn't some generic letter. I will never forget that.

wow, Reid's a great man! I'm also sorry for the loss of your father badmoon!

Back