NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice to be able to say it for a change instead of having it thrown my way. I'm well aware that what we did in years past has no bearing on the present season....you know, the one where we swept the Dolts.

Ha! :lol Again that's rich coming from a raiturds fan especially since you guys love to throw out your past superbowl wins. Hypocrital much? :wave

Last edited:
Your delusional, my team is playing so much better than the past few years and we are finally started to build a core that can take us places with Holmgren and Mangini with a team core that consists of great players like Hillis, Cribbs, Fujita, Thomas, and Rogers and rookies Haden, Massaquoi, and McCoy show much potential to be some of the best in the league within a few years.

I'm all about supporting your team and am by no means a Browns hater, but let's be realistic. Both Hillis and Cribbs are pretty damn good , but I don't think you can claim them as the elite at their position (unless maybe you classify Cribbs as strictly a returner). Scott Fujita is a solid LB and a good veteran pick up, but he's by no means a play making LB in the vein of a Patrick Willis or even Ray Lewis in his 15th season.

Shaun Rodgers has yet to play up to his potential and promise since he was drafted by Detroit.

Now Joe Thomas is a stud left tackle and can hopefully protect Colt McCoy for the future. I'm a big Colt McCoy fan, and I firmly believe tbhat had he not been hurt, the Longhorns would have beaten Alabama for the National Champiosnhip last season.

FYI, Massaquoi is not a rookie.

In other news, the Redskins suspended Haynesworth for four games without pay for Conduct Detrimental to the Team. Should have never signed him, classic Dan Snyder move backfiring - AGAIN.

In other news, the Redskins suspended Haynesworth for four games without pay for Conduct Detrimental to the Team. Should have never signed him, classic Dan Snyder move backfiring - AGAIN.

What they should have done was trade him to a team that could whoop his ass in shape and let him play the game.

Hes a great talent and him missing on Sunday showed big time. You don't sign a player and then not use his god given talents because you want to change your scheme.

The Skins defense was actually BETTER last year.

Shanahan really has that team jacked up IMO.

What they should have done was trade him to a team that could whoop his ass in shape and let him play the game.

Hes a great talent and him missing on Sunday showed big time. You don't sign a player and then not use his god given talents because you want to change your scheme.

Yeah but Haynesworth has shown no respect at all to the Redskins. And showing up hungover on Friday and not wanting to practice was the last straw I think. Living here in DC while being a Giants fan is certainly amusing.

Yeah but Haynesworth has shown no respect at all to the Redskins. And showing up hungover on Friday and not wanting to practice was the last straw I think. Living here in DC while being a Giants fan is certainly amusing.

They should have gotten rid of him at the beginning of the season. Any player that is that outspoken needs to be dealt with. The hungover thing is just a rumor.

The bottom line is this. What they did to him coaching wise would be like Apollo telling Rocky he can't throw punches against Drago. He can only kick. :lol

Haynseworth plays HIS way. Which IMO is okay if youre damn good at what you do. As a coach you need to coach to YOUR teams strengths. Not try to make them change.

Hell I would be cool with changing it up if you have something that just flat out didn't work. However, the Skins defense was pretty damn good last year. This year they are terrible. All thanks to poor coaching.

At the end of the day though I don't care. Go EAGLES! :clap:monkey1

they should have just cut haynesworth in the preseason

They should have gotten rid of him at the beginning of the season. Any player that is that outspoken needs to be dealt with. The hungover thing is just a rumor.

The bottom line is this. What they did to him coaching wise would be like Apollo telling Rocky he can't throw punches against Drago. He can only kick. :lol

Haynseworth plays HIS way. Which IMO is okay if youre damn good at what you do. As a coach you need to coach to YOUR teams strengths. Not try to make them change.

Hell I would be cool with changing it up if you have something that just flat out didn't work. However, the Skins defense was pretty damn good last year. This year they are terrible. All thanks to poor coaching.

At the end of the day though I don't care. Go EAGLES! :clap:monkey1

I agree..they should have dumped him cheap to whatever team was stupid enough to sign him.

The guy lost the lockerroom a long time ago...even his teammates wanted him out.

And he did confirm in the Post this AM that he did go out drinking Thursday night.

I agree..they should have dumped him cheap to whatever team was stupid enough to sign him.

The guy lost the lockerroom a long time ago...even his teammates wanted him out.

And he did confirm in the Post this AM that he did go out drinking Thursday night.

He also said that he wasn't out late and went home because he was sick. So who knows. :dunno

I just hate to see talent go to waste. :slap

Ratface Shanahan will coast another 10 years on the backs of John Elway and Terrell Davis. The guy was a crap coach before them and will always be a crap coach after them.

sorry, but if you're a professional athlete, you should come prepared & in shape. coaches shouldn't have to run a fat camp for players

I agree. However that is what a damn fine coach can do. Look at the Cowboys for example. Their whole team became a joke. New coach and viola. Some people need that motivation. Hell for Vick it was jail time. For someone else it may be something different.

I agree. However that is what a damn fine coach can do. Look at the Cowboys for example. Their whole team became a joke. New coach and viola. Some people need that motivation. Hell for Vick it was jail time. For someone else it may be something different.

I would wait until next year to really judge the Cowboys.

As Bill Parcells famously said, "You are what your record is"...but I'll be damned if the Cowboys aren't better than their 3-8 record. They are one Roy William's fumble away from a 4-0 record under Garrett. Even though they are out of the playoffs, they will still have something to do with determining the NFC East division winner with two games remaining against the Eagles.

It remains to be seen if this is merely a "honeymoon" period for Dallas, or if they will respond to Jason Garrett full time next year.

Last edited:
You can't deny the fact that their level of play has dramatically increased since the switch.

I think that has MUCH more to do with the removal of Phillips than the introduction of Garrett. I don't want to take away anything from Garrett, but that team had 100% given up on Phillips. Any change would have lead to an improvement.

But again, to Garrett's credit, I wouldn't have expected this much improvement. Next season's team will be an interesting experiment.

And "You are what your record is" is complete BS. Buffalo has a horrible record. Are they a horrible team? Not at all.

Five of their losses:
8 point loss @ patriots
3 point loss @ ravens
3 point loss vs bears
3 point loss @ chiefs
3 point loss vs steelers

All losses to playoff teams by a combined 22 points.

I think that has MUCH more to do with the removal of Phillips than the introduction of Garrett. I don't want to take away anything from Garrett, but that team had 100% given up on Phillips. Any change would have lead to an improvement.

But again, to Garrett's credit, I wouldn't have expected this much improvement. Next season's team will be an interesting experiment.

And "You are what your record is" is complete BS. Buffalo has a horrible record. Are they a horrible team? Not at all.

Five of their losses:
8 point loss @ patriots
3 point loss @ ravens
3 point loss vs bears
3 point loss @ chiefs
3 point loss vs steelers

I know its fun to blast the Browns, but the same can be said for the Browns.

3 point loss @ TB
2 point loss vs KC
7 point loss @ BAL
10 point loss vs ATL
6 point loss vs NYJ
4 point loss vs JAX

Their only bad loss came @ the Steelers.

All of those teams are 2 games over .500 or better and seriously contending for the playoffs.

Five of their losses:
8 point loss @ patriots
3 point loss @ ravens
3 point loss vs bears
3 point loss @ chiefs
3 point loss vs steelers

I know its fun to blast them, but the same can be said for the Browns.

3 point loss @ TB
2 point loss vs KC
7 point loss @ BAL
10 point loss vs ATL
6 point loss vs NYJ
4 point loss vs JAX

Their only bad loss came @ the Steelers.

All of those teams are 2 games over .500 or better and seriously contending for the playoffs.

The combined records of the Browns opponents is 86-58 and 21 of those losses are from 2 teams, Cinci and Carolina. Without them 2 the Browns opponents would be 83-37. To be fair, lets lop off the 2 best teams as well, NE and ATL.

The combined record for the 8 middle teams the Browns have faced is 63-33.

Carry these stats over a 16 game season and the average Browns opponent would finish with 10.4 wins. Say 10-6. There aren't many teams that would perform as well as the Browns have against that.

Last edited:
Back