NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Falcons haven't really put a whooping on any good teams.

That is my point with the Falcons. They just won't get it done in the playoffs. Nor will my favorite team the Eagles. Both bird teams will fail. :lol

I don't give a rats ass what the Falcons record is. :dunno

It's wide open no doubt. My only prediction is the Falcons will NOT make it to the super bowl. That is all.
Works for me. :)

As for the Pats, they do seem like the best team around at the moment. Until they get blown out next week by whomever. Then everyone will jump on someone else's bandwagon. Just like we saw earlier this year, and last year, and just about every year.

Works for me. :)

As for the Pats, they do seem like the best team around at the moment. Until they get blown out next week by whomever. Then everyone will jump on someone else's bandwagon. Just like we saw earlier this year, and last year, and just about every year.

Pats play the Bears in Chicago. Will be a telling game IMO. Also remember the Bears field is horrid. Like the old Vet. Interesting for sure.

Who else is gonna do it in the NFC? Bears? Saints? Giants?

NFC is as wide open as ever IMO.

The Saints! My team went all the way last year and won. They'll do it again this season. All of the sportscasters, "talking heads" on ESPN and NFL Network talk way TOO much about the Falcons. Not the Saints. The Saints have won their last 5 games in a row. They're now 9-3, and one game behind the Falcons in the NFC South. :yess:

Yeah, the Falcons do seem to get a disproportionate amount of attention considering they are only 1 game ahead of the Saints in the standings. And let's not forget that the Saints are the Superbowl champs. They proved that they can win big in big-time, high pressure situations. I'm cautiously optimistic that they can make a run in the playoffs. But of course, there is no room for error. They lose a couple games and they might not get that chance.

Anyone know what would happen if the Saints beat the Falcons, but otherwise both teams win out? Then they both have 3 losses, each losing to the other? Which team would then win the division? I guess the Falcons losing to teams with better records (Philly, N.O., and Pittsburgh) would give them the edge?

Well, Sam with both of us being Saints fans, I know we want them to make a run for another Super Bowl. No doubt about it. I'm really not sure if the Saints and the Falcons both end up with 13-3 records by the end of this season. I think I heard something about since the Saints lost to teams that they did (the Browns, Cardinals, and Falcons that the Falcons would win the NFC South. Then the Saints would be a playoff "wild card" even if they have a 13-3 record at the end of this season?! :dunno I really "dunno"! It's confusing.

The Saints really MUST win their last four games against the Rams, Ravens, Falcons and Bucs. Then they'll get the same 13-3 record like they had last season. I agree that there's really NO margin for error.

The Saints have got an improving running game with Chris Ivory hanging on the ball, and making big yards. Plus the return recently of Reggie Bush, and the possibility of Pierre Thomas finally coming back this week for the Saints vs Rams game. So that's great news! :)

Yeah Drew Brees has thrown more interceptions this season than last season, but he is STILL putting up incredible passing completion numbers. He passed Archie Manning as the Saints all time passing completion quarterback a few weeks ago. He was named the "Fed Ex Air and Ground" player of the week for his great passing performance in beating the Bengals.

Just like last season I will remain optimistic about the Saints. I still think their chances are great for a post-season run to Super Bowl XLV in Dallas!

The Saints! My team went all the way last year and won. They'll do it again this season. All of the sportscasters, "talking heads" on ESPN and NFL Network talk way TOO much about the Falcons. Not the Saints. The Saints have won their last 5 games in a row. They're now 9-3, and one game behind the Falcons in the NFC South. :yess:

Another comedian. :rotfl

Pats play the Bears in Chicago. Will be a telling game IMO. Also remember the Bears field is horrid. Like the old Vet. Interesting for sure.

Brady has the footwear to combat this.

9088628-large.jpg

Somehow, I don't see this as a good thing :lol

Knowing the Saints as I do, I think they'll beat the Falcons. And the Ravens. But lose to one of the other stinkers, and thus, lose the division.

Why is it not a good thing Sam? I see the return of Pierre Thomas as a good thing. Chris Ivory is doing great now. So with Ivory, Thomas and Bush in the backfield, the Saints have three weapons for the running game. Plus halfback Heath Evans in there too. He's doing great in blocking for the running backs, and can run the ball in the short game when needed.

I don't see the Saints losing to teams like the Rams, or the Bucs. They've improved a lot since losing earlier this season to the Cardinals, Browns, and Falcons. We'll see what happens...

Last edited:
Anyone know what would happen if the Saints beat the Falcons, but otherwise both teams win out? Then they both have 3 losses, each losing to the other? Which team would then win the division? I guess the Falcons losing to teams with better records (Philly, N.O., and Pittsburgh) would give them the edge?

From NFL.com

NFL.com said:
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

Back