NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cleveland-browns3.png

I'm all about supporting your team and am by no means a Browns hater, but let's be realistic. Both Hillis and Cribbs are pretty damn good , but I don't think you can claim them as the elite at their position (unless maybe you classify Cribbs as strictly a returner). Scott Fujita is a solid LB and a good veteran pick up, but he's by no means a play making LB in the vein of a Patrick Willis or even Ray Lewis in his 15th season.

Shaun Rodgers has yet to play up to his potential and promise since he was drafted by Detroit.

Now Joe Thomas is a stud left tackle and can hopefully protect Colt McCoy for the future. I'm a big Colt McCoy fan, and I firmly believe tbhat had he not been hurt, the Longhorns would have beaten Alabama for the National Champiosnhip last season.

FYI, Massaquoi is not a rookie.

Yeah I just meant newer members, he's in his second year...basically he's still a rook.

I didn't know if McCoy would be right for us but all the games he played and started he did very well. The Browns are really growing into their own, and had so much potential within the next few years. :yess:

Same can be said of the Niners with close loses to NO (3), ATL (2), PHI (3). and CAR (3), but honestly, we stink.
NO was that way many times in years past, but like you say, they lost most of those and so they were losers. Last year the Saints won those games (even against "lowly" opponents), and went on to win the championship. Being able to win those close games is often what separates a winning team from a losing team.

You can't deny the fact that their level of play has dramatically increased since the switch.

At QB or coach.... as much as Philipps was a Bum, yes pun intended, Tony Romo has never really done anything but fumble a routine snap.

NO was that way many times in years past, but like you say, they lost most of those and so they were losers. Last year the Saints won those games (even against "lowly" opponents), and went on to win the championship. Being able to win those close games is often what separates a winning team from a losing team.

:lecture I mean, just look at the spreads everyweek, there's rarely more than two games that have a double diget difference. There might be as many as 5 of the 15 or so games in a given week with spreads higher than 7. Think about that, only 1/3 of the favored teams are looked at as better than a one score favorite? That really shows how tight the league is, top to bottom.

Sorry for the choppy sentences, posting from my phone.

Ugly win by KC last week. Shot ourselves in the foot a ton. However, 8-4 aint bad. Sadly my 49ers suck so no hope of seeing those two in the SB again this year. :lol

Care to share what you know that no one else does?

Sure will! Below is where they have been currently. I will give them a few of those wins (even though they could have gone either way). However, lets face it. They haven't played but a handful of quality teams. 2 of those games they lost. Now they did win 2 nice ones (Greenbay and Baltimore). All that to me says choke in the playoffs. Plus their coach is a bootleg Steve Martin. :lol Finally their schedule is week sauce the remainder of the season save for 1 game with the Saints. So they will not REALLY be tested until January.

Steelers Lost

Cardinals Win

Saints Win (Should have lost)

49ers Win (However 16 to 14 was the final)

Browns Win

Eagles (Got asses handed to them)

Bengals Win

Bucs Win

Ravens Win

Rams Win

Greenbay Win (Won by 3 points)

Bucs Win

Last edited:
Tougher schedule and better record than the Eagles thus far.

Edit: Not that I care about what our coach looks like, but he and Steve Martin look about as similar to one another as Andy Reid and Michael Vick.

To play devil's advocate (and I sure don't like doing that for this team that I despise more than any other at this moment), the Saints had similar accusations thrown their way last year. And yeah, their schedule was relatively weak I guess. But they turned it on when they needed to and got wins in the playoffs. Too hard to predict what will happen, but I think the Falcons have as much of a shot as anyone. Except the Saints. Who will destroy them and anyone else standing in their way.

Tougher schedule and better record than the Eagles thus far.

Edit: Not that I care about what our coach looks like, but he and Steve Martin look about as similar to one another as Andy Reid and Michael Vick.

That can certainly all be debated. :lol

Just my personal opinion that the Falcons will NOT make it to the Superbowl.

We certainly will see.

Also a quick google search will certainly take care of the whole Martin look a like thing. I doubt you will turn up such a search comparing Vick and Reid. :lecture

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...nta+falcons+coach&aq=o&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

There is a big difference in not making and not even having a chance. I'll be the first to admit that the Falcons are overachieving this year with the defense we have and I honestly feel as though they are a year ahead of schedule, but to say they don't have a chance when we've beat not just quality opponents, but opponents that many believed and plenty still do believe to be superbowl favorites in Baltimore, Green Bay, Bag heads, and an overtime loss to the Steelers on the road. I think they've shown they can hang this year and have as good a shot as any.

The Falcons haven't really put a whooping on any good teams. Baltimore is an over-hyped favorite of the broadcasters and such, they lost in OT to the Steelers with Dennis Dixon at QB and were held to 9 points and had one-score wins against some scrub teams.

The NFC teams have shown a lot of consistency this season. I mean the Bears second best in the NFC right now? Pathetic! Them beating the Lions week 1 was like the Raiders losing that tuck-rule game to the Pats. They should be a team trying to get a WC slot.

As much as I hate to say it, the Pats are the only team that looks dominant right now, but that's all still fishy to me.

As a Steelers fan I can see them going 13-3 or 12-4 with their remaining schedule, but their health issues on the O and D line worry me as far as them making a deep play-off run, or even having a SB apperance.

I wouldn't be as bold as some 'fans' to make a SB prediction (like making the 'safe' pick and picking the two conferences' top records). I'd like to see the Steelers make it, but that's yet to be determined. I wouldn't be surprised to see another WC team pull off the upset again this season.

Back