NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having fun is one thing, showing up people is another. Perfect example is TO standing in the star thats , Jackson falling backward into end zone, those are just trying to show someone up and should be fined, penalized ect.. Now some of the stuff Ocho Cinco does is just plain having fun like the putting the ball with the goal line maker.

Oh, no...despite what a ********* he is...TO dancing on the star was absolutely cool (mostly because I hate the Cowboys). Then the Cowboys' fans showed how willing they are to sell out by welcoming him to the team. Drama like that is fun...but it is not worth more than 500,000 dollars per player.

Having fun is one thing, showing up people is another. Perfect example is TO standing in the star thats , Jackson falling backward into end zone, those are just trying to show someone up and should be fined, penalized ect.. Now some of the stuff Ocho Cinco does is just plain having fun like the putting the ball with the goal line maker.
How do you make the distinction? Any kind of celebration could be seen as disrespectful to the other team. If you run a guy over or burn a DB to score a TD and then do a jig in the end zone, that might piss the defender off. Is that showing a guy up? Does that mean it should not be allowed? Unless it delays the game somehow (as Owen running out to the star might have done, I don't remember), causes physical injury, or violates some other rule then I say, let the players do what they want.

How do you make the distinction? Any kind of celebration could be seen as disrespectful to the other team. If you run a guy over or burn a DB to score a TD and then do a jig in the end zone, that might piss the defender off. Is that showing a guy up? Does that mean it should not be allowed? Unless it delays the game somehow (as Owen running out to the star might have done, I don't remember), causes physical injury, or violates some other rule then I say, let the players do what they want.

So you thing stopping at goal line and falling backwards in it , deons strut , or stuff like that is the same as an end zone celebration?

They are different in degree I guess, but I just don't see an intrinsic distinction. They are all forms of celebration that could offend someone. Does celebrating before you score make it different to you?

I don't like it when Philip Rivers pulls a ****** and talks trash to guys who he knows can't retaliate. But I figure it should be allowable.

One simple difference between what Jackson does and most everyone else, is that the ball is dead when most players celebrate.

Players are taught to play hard til the whistle is blown. Hot dogging before a play is over can put not only Jackson at risk, but his own teammates and the other team. If you can score, you do it and you end the play so there is less likelihood someone gets their knee buckled or something.

I personally always found the victory formation and kneeing the ball more disrespectful than celebrations. I'd really like to see the NFL make teams play until time expires.

I personally always found the victory formation and kneeing the ball more disrespectful than celebrations. I'd really like to see the NFL make teams play until time expires.
I feel that running up the score is not disrespectful. It is playing hard until the game ends, and giving your opponents more opportunities to do their job. It seems so patronizing to start playing soft when you have a big league. And playing conservatively is not the same thing as playing soft, IMO. In that sense, I don't mind the victory formation, because it is the most conservative play you can use.

I think that the team who loses by 7 or 8 touchdowns should appreciate the practice they get from the team that is squashing them.

Plus...it builds character in the losing team.

In tonight's game I'm pulling for .... uhm .... man, could they just show the cheerleaders or something that would actually make that game worth turning on?

Back