NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not "unbeatable", but have you watched them play since that game? They've gone 7-0, out scored opponents 261-118 and haven't had a turnover.

If anything the Browns should be thanked since that's the game the players seem to point to when they want to stay humble and take it one game at a time.

Ya when you lose to the league punching bag you tend to wake up a l little :)

How are the Patriots unbeatable? I get tired of the ESPN team saying this, The Browns destroyed them.

I wonder if we will keep Mangini or not...

WOW! You get a lot of mileage off that game.:)

And on a different subject...I would not be mad to see Bill Cowher go to the 49ers as I do not hate that team and it is so far gone that even he couldn't help them much...at least not before age forces him to retire.

What are they spoiling? Eagles are in. Granted they are playing like bums tonight.

Don't they have a 1st round bye on the line tonight?

Facemask by a QB and a defensive illegal formation...two penalties that you just don't see every day.

Not really. The Bears would have to lose so it's a long shot. They are Playing for a bye alright. IE they won't play starters on Sunday.

Really it's the Giants that are screwed by this game's result. Now the Bears will basically roll out their practice squad Sunday.

You'll excuse me if I don't shed any tears for the Giants, though.

I was figuring they would lose it to Chicago and the announcer on the post-game show just said that as well.

I just re-read your post and saw your point.

Way to go Eagles. :lol What a joke of a game. It's one thing to lose. It's another to just play like you don't care. That's exactly what they did. Played like meh ____ it.

What are they spoiling? Eagles are in. Granted they are playing like bums tonight.

1st round buy:exactly:

Now there's no chance. Bears could definitely give it up against the pack, but it don't matter now!

Philadelphia Eagles: What A First-Round Bye Would Mean For Them

By Adam Wells
(Featured Columnist) on December 27, 2010

Philadelphia Eagles Can Clinch Bye With Two Victories, and a Bears Loss In Week 17
The Philadelphia Eagles can clinch a first-round bye with a victory over Minnesota on Tuesday and in Week 17 against Dallas.
A first-round bye would make them the favorites in the NFC.
If they get one of the two bye weeks, they would have to play highest remaining seed in the playoffs in the second round (which would be either the 3, 4, or 5 seed right now in the NFC those would be Chicago, St Louis, or New Orleans).
The only "dangerous" team in that group is New Orleans and they don't have the defense to stop Michael Vick and co.
The Bears beat the Eagles a few weeks back, but a potential rematch in Philly would most likely be doom for Jay Cutler.
The Eagles could have a simple path to the NFC Championship game if they get a first-round bye in the playoffs.
First things first, they have to take care of Minnesota on Tuesday night.

So yeah, Spoiler!

Last edited:
A first-round bye would make them the favorites in the NFC.
LOL. I guess that guy is writing a different story tonight. How fickle and short-sighted these idiots can be. Not saying the Eagles won't win in the playoffs, but I surely wouldn't have considered them the clear "favorites of the NFC." There is no Patriots of the NFC. I can't understand him writing off the Bears like he does, either. They have had some off days, but I think the Bears have the capability to beat anybody.

Eagles won't win a playoff game if they play like tonight. They got handled by a joke of a team. What pisses me off is the players. They didn't show up. I hate a loss like that. It's unforgettable. To play with such disgrace is just mind boggeling.

Holy ____ that game was so slow that I wasn't even paying attention. I didn't even realize the Eagles lost til I read ^ post.

That's bad. For a team with that kind of potential....what the ____....

As Badmoon said, the players didn't show up, you could see something was up with DeSean, you could tell something was up with almost the whole team except LeSean McCoy. Not sure what happened but they need to get their heads on straight and deliever the next game, they face alot tougher opponent in the cowboys (this latter half of the season) than the vikings next week.

wasn't that surprising. this is a vikings team that was in the NFC championship last year.. sure it was a mess this year, but they still have talent.

LOL @ all the cop-out stories by Eagles fans. Why do you have to say they didnt show up or they played like they didnt care, or something was "up" with someone? Why can't you just say they got out played by the Vikes superior defense :rock

This game meant A WHOLE LOT MORE to the Eagles than you fanboys are admitting.

LOL @ all the cop-out stories by Eagles fans. Why do you have to say they didnt show up or they played like they didnt care, or something was "up" with someone? Why can't you just say they got out played by the Vikes superior defense :rock

I'm waiting for the "we had to play on Tuesday" excuses to start rolling in.

All I know is that Vick lost just about any chance for MVP last night, new was VERY lucky his stat line looked the way it did, it should have been much worse.

:clap Way to wait until the end of the season to get on here smack talking :clap

... But at any rate, did not see that coming. AD was a beast :yess:

Back