NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whether you watch football or not because there are children starving in africa is your business. I am going to continue to watch football as a fun diversion from daily toils. And I am going to choose not to add to the already massive quantities of negativity in the world by digging so desperately for something to hate that I have to stoop to using the possibility of an NFL team with a losing record hosting a wild card playoff game.

In the end...it is no big deal.

Drama queen today you are. :lol

The Seahawks won their division, crappy though it maybe... The Saints, on the other hand, didn't win crap. Every teams goal during the regular season is to win their division which secures you one home game in the playoffs at the very least. The structure is perfect so let's just hope the NFL doesn't ____ with it.

The Seahawks won their division, crappy though it maybe... The Saints, on the other hand, didn't win crap. Every teams goal during the regular season is to win their division which secures you one home game in the playoffs at the very least. The structure is perfect so let's just hope the NFL doesn't ____ with it.

See I disagree. If it were perfect the best teams would face eachother in the playoffs. You can't honestly say that they Hawks are better than say the Giants and sound sane. :lol

See I disagree. If it were perfect the best teams would face eachother in the playoffs. You can't honestly say that they Hawks are better than say the Giants and sound sane. :lol

Whoops! Said that already!

How do you feel about Singletary being axed, Flosi?

I'm happy about it because the team looked so damn disorganized and unfocused at times..... Not to mention tons of bone headed penalties.... Issues with getting plays into the QB in a timely fashion... No ability to strategize within the time frame of a game.... Zero creativity on both sides of the ball.... Not a single win against a team with a winning record.... Entirely too much confidence in the team that went 8-8 the season before by failing to bring in a single player of note that wasn't added through the 2010 Draft.... Handing the starting QB position to Alex Smith before training camp and not acquiring a solid back-up to push him.... Lumping so much false expectation upon the team that they cracked under the completely unwarranted thought that they could some how be a power house and Super Bowl contender (didn't help that some moronic sports writers had the 9ers as a pre-season pick to make the Super Bowl... it's true. I think CNNSI.com was the place)..... yeah, I'm happy. :panic:

Then I'd say you also must be for disbanding the divisional format, right? Take the best 6 teams from both conferences and have at it? I'd still argue that simply taking the six teams with the best record doesn't mean you're truly getting the six BEST teams. Injuries factor in as does strength of schedule. If the Eli didn't fumble in their first meeting or the Giants didn't fall flat on their face in the second half a couple of weeks back the Giants would have won their division and controlled their own fate... (maybe leading the league in turnovers didn't help either?)

I just think this season is an outlier and I'd hate to see the reactionary NFL change things around based upon something that never happened before.

If you're gonna do away with divisions, why not do away with conferences, too? Just stick the 12 best teams in the league against each other. Like I posted before, with the divisions, and all you've gotta do is play better than those other 3 teams. For a team that may not be able to compete with the elite of the league, that may be all that keeps a team competing some years. For that reason, I like the divisional set-up. Still sucks for the Jacksonvilles and Buffalos of the world, though, because even if they are good, that's not usually gonna be enough.

the team looked so damn disorganized and unfocused at times..... Not to mention tons of bone headed penalties.... Issues with getting plays into the QB in a timely fashion... No ability to strategize within the time frame of a game.... Zero creativity on both sides of the ball.... Not a single win against a team with a winning record.... Entirely too much confidence in the team that went 8-8 the season before by failing to bring in a single player of note that wasn't added through the 2010 Draft.... Handing the starting QB position to Alex Smith before training camp and not acquiring a solid back-up to push him.... Lumping so much false expectation upon the team that they cracked under the completely unwarranted thought that they could some how be a power house and Super Bowl contender (didn't help that some moronic sports writers had the 9ers as a pre-season pick to make the Super Bowl... it's true. I think CNNSI.com was the place).....
So you're on the fence, then?

the one thing about doing away with divisions and conferences is how do you determine the yearly schedule? Just completely random or do you have to weigh it some how based on prior year record?

If you want to know who is best, you've got to make it random. Good teams going against other good teams would give good teams bad records (see the NCAA, where any given 4-8 SEC team is better than pretty much every other conference's champion).

Now I know why the Saints fans are up in arms about having to travel to Seattle for their playoff game: the Saints are winless in the playoffs on the road.:rotfl

Maybe this year will be different.
True. But then again, the Saints never won a playoff game PERIOD until the Jim Haslett era :lol

If you're gonna do away with divisions, why not do away with conferences, too? Just stick the 12 best teams in the league against each other. Like I posted before, with the divisions, and all you've gotta do is play better than those other 3 teams. For a team that may not be able to compete with the elite of the league, that may be all that keeps a team competing some years. For that reason, I like the divisional set-up. Still sucks for the Jacksonvilles and Buffalos of the world, though, because even if they are good, that's not usually gonna be enough.

So you're on the fence, then?

I'm in no way for it mind you, just following that path of logic. My point is that the NFL is well structured in regards to the divisions and they should stick with it.

I also think that expanding to an 18 game schedule is a joke.... Can't wait till multiple playoff games feature back-up QBs playing one another.

Yeah, sometimes I'm thinking he needed to be canned and others I'm thinking they should have expanded his role to include GM duties.:lol

Now I know why the Saints fans are up in arms about having to travel to Seattle for their playoff game: the Saints are winless in the playoffs on the road.:rotfl

Maybe this year will be different.

You guys keeping Cable or what? Being a Bay Area guy half my buddies and co-workers are, of course, Raider fans. I swear some of them look like they could cry today... 8-8, a chip shot field goal miss away from 9-7, and they might look for a new coach? Lame. Al needs to go.

You guys keeping Cable or what? Being a Bay Area guy half my buddies and co-workers are, of course, Raider fans. I swear some of them look like they could cry today... 8-8, a chip shot field goal miss away from 9-7, and they might look for a new coach? Lame. Al needs to go.

raiders-commitment-to-last.jpg

If you want to know who is best, you've got to make it random. Good teams going against other good teams would give good teams bad records (see the NCAA, where any given 4-8 SEC team is better than pretty much every other conference's champion).

Think its time to put down the pipe.:dunno

Cable isn't going anywhere...just more of Sheftler's BSPN news from "league sources" lol. The only way Cable loses his job is if someone comes at Hue hard as a Head Coach and Al wants to keep Hue around.

Nice try...we finished in 3rd place in our division and around 16th in the league.

Think its time to put down the pipe.:dunno

Did you not watch any bowl games Saturday? If not, you missed the SEC beating down the Big 10. I'll give you South Carolina because they always lose in bowl games, lol.

Back