NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, now they eat more genetically enhanced hormones as children and use much better steroids, so they're much bigger, faster and stronger. Balances out that other stuff to a large degree.

Current system with 4 division winners and two wild cards going to playoffs = good

Spazzing because a team with a losing record got in to the playoffs = silly

Last night's NFC West Championship game was the highest rated Sunday Night NFL game since 2002.:panic:

Some wondered why the NFL would "flex" the St. Louis-Seattle game into prime time when both teams had losing records.

Now we know: The Seahawks' 16-6 victory over the Rams delivered the highest overnight television rating for a Sunday night game since a Jan. 7, 2002 matchup between Minnesota and Baltimore.

The Seahawks and Rams drew a 12.6 rating. The Vikings-Ravens game drew a 13.4.

Current system with 4 division winners and two wild cards going to playoffs = good

What if your team was the Saints? Granted they are a big time favorite. But why should they have to travel to Seattle on a short week and play them in their house? The Saints clearly deserved it more.

It's a bit silly if you ask me. Apparently it's a pretty big issue as well. There is a good article on ESPN about it.

It just needs tweaked a bit.

I don't think people care that a team with a losing record made the playoffs what they have a problem with is that team getting a home game. But, I don't think it needs changing unless it starts happening a LOT. I believe a few years ago 12-4 Indy had to go play at 8-8 San Diego and nobody really complained then.

I like to honor winning a division with a playoff berth no matter the record, but I do agree about the complaint of the worse record team getting a home game.

Honestly...with all of the horrible atrocities going on in the world today...the Saints having to travel to the home field of a team with a losing record for a playoff game is pretty inconsequential.

For me its a competition issue as well. Sure it's selfish and I want to watch a good football game. The Giants Vs Saints would have been a hell of a game.

Honestly...with all of the horrible atrocities going on in the world today...the Saints having to travel to the home field of a team with a losing record for a playoff game is pretty inconsequential.

Don't forget about all of the starving children in Africa. :lecture

I'm pretty sure the NBA allows teams that aren't division winners home court advantage if they have better records. So, it isn't unheard of.

Regarding New Orleans specifically, though, I think the existing process is working to their advantage. If you based seeding on record alone, I think they would be 3rd, behind Atlanta and Chicago. That would mean they would be playing Green Bay next week instead of Seattle. I'll take an away game against Seattle over a home game against Green Bay any day of the week :lol

--edit again: that's not true. If seed were determined by record but the teams were the same, Saints would be playing Seattle anyway, but at home :slap

Anyways. . . :lol

I suppose we shouldn't talk about NFL at all, because children are starving in Africa?

--edit: Damn you posting before me, :mad: Badmoon --

Last edited:
While it is true that anything can happen on any given day I don't think the Hawks offer much of a challenge to NO even at home. Here are some of the Hawks wonderful home loses this season...

Giants 41-7
KC 42-24
Atlanta 34-18

Not very intimidating.

Whether you watch football or not because there are children starving in africa is your business. I am going to continue to watch football as a fun diversion from daily toils. And I am going to choose not to add to the already massive quantities of negativity in the world by digging so desperately for something to hate that I have to stoop to using the possibility of an NFL team with a losing record hosting a wild card playoff game.

In the end...it is no big deal.

I have no problem with Seattle making the playoffs and don't think the system should be changed. Them having a home game sucks a bit but hey if the Saints are the better team you roll in there and win. Put up or shut up.

I had about $5000 burning a hole in my pocket and instead of clicking through Karamazov's signature and donating I simply sent it to the NFL commissioner demanding to move the game to New Orleans.

Back