NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Seahawks will either some how squeek out a 3 point win or they will get pounded by 21.... I'm thinking the later.

Hey, the Saints can win squeakers, too! You're just lucky they benched Brees in the 4th quarter of our last match-up, or the Bucs would have found that out first-hand and would only have 9 wins this year ;)
Do you take EVERYTHING said about the Saints as a personal attack?

I agree 100% with him I have a feeling the Saints will blow them out it lose in a low scoring game. Really it depends if Brees decides to throw the ball to only Saints or both teams.

Ravens, Saints both seem like sound picks.

I'd venture to say Colts as Rex Ryan has yet to craft a defensive game plan that can stop Peyton. Colts take a lead, Jets try to pass their way back then Mathis and Freeney take over. Once Sanchez makes a mistake due to the all out pass rush of the Colts ends the game will be over.

I'll be rooting for the Packers just due to Rodgers and his Cal ties... still, no clue how that will go. Should be interesting theatre.

Colts take a lead, Jets try to pass their way back then Mathis and Freeney take over. Once Sanchez makes a mistake the game will be over.
Well, that's always been the Colts gameplan in the "Peyton era," right? Problem is, if you've got a one-dimensional offense with no running game, can you get ahead quickly against teams with good pass defenses who know you are gonna be one-dimensional?

That's what could end up taking both Indy and NO out of the playoffs this year.

Well, that's always been the Colts gameplan in the "Peyton era," right? Problem is, if you've got a one-dimensional offense with no running game, can you get ahead quickly against teams with good pass defenses who know you are gonna be one-dimensional?

That's what could end up taking both Indy and NO out of the playoffs this year.

Exactly, that why I said I'm assuming the Colts will win in that I also assume Peyton will continue to dominate a Rex Ryan run defense.

Those passing teams can be really tough to stop when everyone is on but having zero running game always seems like a recipe for disaster to me.... that being said, the Colts and Saints were in the SB last year, so obviously I have no clue. :panic:

Hey, the Saints can win squeakers, too! You're just lucky they benched Brees in the 4th quarter of our last match-up, or the Bucs would have found that out first-hand and would only have 9 wins this year ;)

So Breese would have done just like last year blowing a 17 point lead at home to the 2 win Bucs. :)

I actually see Addai running fairly well against the Jets. Their D is not as stout as it was last year, and I think they'll be more concerned with playing the receivers because their pass-rush is also lacking and they won't be able to get effective pressure on Manning. Manning sees how one-dimensional Rex Ryan is with his blitz schemes and directs his blockers to pick those up with ease.

Pack @ Eagles is the game of the weekend. I'd hate to try and pick a winner out of that one. Unless there's a blizzard and they postpone the game until Tuesday, then I pick the Pack :lol

So Breese would have done just like last year blowing a 17 point lead at home to the 2 win Bucs. :)

:cuss

Seriously though, as I recall, there were a comedy of errors toward the end of that game (Brees contributing to them). The Saints tend to have those pretty frequently. Look no further than this year's Cardinals game :lol

Yeah kickers and punters don't get noticed much, but a very good one or very bad one will make a big difference.

Just look at the Giants this year with Dodge.

Or wait until Hartley (inevitably) loses the Saints a playoff game and then gets immediately cut, though it should have happened long ago. Kickers never get drafted highly (if at all), and teams seem to think of them as disposable commodities. But they score a crap-load of points and are probably relied on to seal the deal in 1 out of every 5 games. I don't understand how they are under-valued as much as they are.

Same for punters, of course.

Tom Dempsey is beyond reproach...he must not be spoken of in a negative context at any time.

Edit - And isn't it the case that the kickers are generally responsible for more points than anyone else on the team?

Last edited:
I agree with Karamazov...

If it wasn't for Adam Vinatieri, I don't think my Pats would've won that Super Bowl against the Rams. The guy was clutch and it would be ashamed if he doesn't make the Pro Football HOF because of his position. Unfortunately, you have former football players making the selections and it seems like they have an old school mentality that they don't consider kickers "football players".

Or wait until Hartley (inevitably) loses the Saints a playoff game and then gets immediately cut, though it should have happened long ago. Kickers never get drafted highly (if at all), and teams seem to think of them as disposable commodities. But they score a crap-load of points and are probably relied on to seal the deal in 1 out of every 5 games. I don't understand how they are under-valued as much as they are.

Same for punters, of course.

While it's rare I do remember Oakland using their #1 pick on Janokowski which caused an uproar at the time.

Back