NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Very moving story. I almost lost it at the part where Sanchez came over and sat at his bed until the little guy woke up. :monkey2

https://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5991920

I'm never sure how I feel about Sanchez as a player, but everything I hear about him is surprisingly very down to earth. I remember him using his "star status" by asking the employees of the Taco Bell he is frequently at if he could have a hat. Which he proceeded to wear all the time.

Some amazing stuff in this story, though.

"I'm complaining about a shoulder. Are you kidding me? ... I think he was 11 years old, and he has cancer eating away at his body," Sanchez continued. "This kid is fighting every day. He's smiling every time I talk to him. I visited him at his home. I mean, he has to get carried up the stairs because he's so weak and all he wants to talk about is LT [LaDainian Tomlinson] and Darrelle Revis and Rex Ryan and me.

Funny thing about Sanchez's texts: Instead of a simple, inspirational message, he always posed a question, trying to initiate a conversation.

This might be my favorite part. It really is a great thing when a kid's hero can make their day / life just by saying hi, giving them an autographed jersey, or cheering them up. But actually encouraging conversation and having it be a two way street? Great stuff.

I also liked how he texted him before and after the Pittsburgh game. Huge game and he still made time for him.

Well, Hasslebeck is starting instead of clipboard Jesus so we have a punchers chance and with all NO's running backs out that helps but I just can't see a Hawks win.

Well, Hasslebeck is starting instead of clipboard Jesus so we have a punchers chance and with all NO's running backs out that helps but I just can't see a Hawks win.
Saints never use their damn running backs anyway, so I don't know why all these "analysts" keep bringing it up like it matters. They haven't run the damn ball all season apart from a couple games, where they showed that Ivory could be a beast when Payton's play-calling allowed it.

This 49er/Harbaugh thing needs to come to an end soon.... So frustrating.

So we're doing a pool here at work and we need to pick a team from the AFC and NFC to win this week... I'm thinking Saints, Ravens. Thoughts? Predictions?... I don't want to touch the other two games.

So we're doing a pool here at work and we need to pick a team from the AFC and NFC to win this week... I'm thinking Saints, Ravens. Thoughts? Predictions?... I don't want to touch the other two games.
Wow it's been what 2 days? Well they expect answer today and they think it will most likely be Stanford.

I wouldnt want to pick either of the AFC games, I would flip coins who to pick of the 4 teams.

Chiefs only beat 1 team with a winning record. I figure the Ravens are one of the top 3 AFC teams and should win that one. Not so sure about Jets/Colts, though. Both those teams can be unpredictable, and both have flaws.

Hey, the Saints can win squeakers, too! You're just lucky they benched Brees in the 4th quarter of our last match-up, or the Bucs would have found that out first-hand and would only have 9 wins this year ;)

Well, you can not run the ball on the Ravens in the play-offs, and even with Flacco putting out another mediocre performance I see the Ravens dominating the Chiefs, but in a close scoring game.

If the seahawks beat the Saints I think that's one of the biggest play-off upsets in the past 20 years. Sure, the Cardinals and Browns beat them in the regular-season, but they've improved ten fold since then. Even with their top two RBs out, I see the saints playing a statement-game and dominating the Hawks.

Back