Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hogwarts drug testing now in affect"

12185416_766536753473062_8905617791727106155_o.jpg

Seriously though - I'm liking the accessories that come with this Snape! Especially the iddy biddy cauldron. . .

12186424_766536713473066_8079830255999794936_o.jpg

I'm definitely passing on Snape. It's not just the so-so likeness that bugs me, it's also the giraffe neck.

I only really want adult versions of Ron, Harry, and Hermione too.

I spoke to a retailer in the UK, saying I wanted to buy Sirius Prisoner, Casual Harry and Casual Ron all at the same time, as soon as they came in to stock. He told me Sirius would be any day now, but casual Ron and Harry would be a long time. Even though shops in Italy have them. . . Anyway, I said I'd wait, not order them from Italy (they were as expensive as UK anyway when you add on delivery charges), and most importantly (or so I thought) support a UK retailer. I also asked if the Sirius would stay at his advertised price - he said it would.

Price was £149.99 - $230 (When Sideshow has it for $190, but whatever)

The very next day, Sirius came in and he bumped the price up! To £165.95 - $252!

I am just sick of UK prices. I know Star Ace has no affect on them, but I have tried everything I can to support SA and buy these new from retailers. I just can't do it anymore. So, the only way I can afford to collect these now is wait months for them to come up on the used market.

I'm so annoyed. Especially as I've spent £1378 - $2100 on just Star Ace figures alone!

£900 was with that one retailer - so much for loyalty!

:gah:RANT OVER:gah:

They've done that more than once - advertise a price then over-inflate on release. I'll tell you who they are, seeing as you asked - Norton - and I have a 1/6 Buyer thread HERE with more details on them and others. Feel free to check it out.

They're not alone. Check out the thread and you'll see what I mean.

I know. Like I said - I just can't bring myself to pay UK crazy prices anymore.

Unfortunately, most UK retailers are really arrogant, they think YOU owe THEM. Zero customer service. I've just politely questioned prices etc and been told to go elsewhere, if I don't like it.

There are a few good ones, and I do mention those in my thread.

I have over 300 figures, so I guess I need to slow down. I'll just wait until the Star Ace figures come up used on Ebay. It's all I can do right now. I've tried everything.

Made another digital editing of Snape, just to show how close Star Ace is to nail the likeness. If they still choose not to fix it, then it would be pure ignorance.

fixedsnapes_zpsnfwdtrkh.jpg

I would be very surprised if SA are in the position to make any more changes. I wish they would though.

Can you list the things you tweaked, batsheva? It looks great.

while we shouldn't have to make changes ourselves, I'm glad to see it's not going to take much for me to make it like the one the left :yess:

No offense, but I still think it looks off in the photoshop, and it's mostly because there isn't much to work with in the real sculpt. That expression just isn't Alan Rickman as Snape. I know Star Ace can do better than this.

Back