Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else think a figure of Death would be cool from The Deathly Hallows story?

Looks very good batsheva! I'd be very happy with that

Thank you! me too.

I would be very surprised if SA are in the position to make any more changes. I wish they would though.

Can you list the things you tweaked, batsheva? It looks great.

Yes, I wish the same. The tweaks mentioned here by chisoxcollector are mostly correct:

Looks like less poofy hair, better eyes, darker robe, and shorter neck. What a huge difference!

and I also made a small change on the shape of the lips, and the jaw lines. (The eyes basically just a repaint of the pupils, and add more dark tones around the eyes) You have sharp eyes, and yes, indeed.. the small things made a huge differences!

Left - Not Snape

Right - Snape

Nice job.

Thanks a lot!

No offense, but I still think it looks off in the photoshop, and it's mostly because there isn't much to work with in the real sculpt. That expression just isn't Alan Rickman as Snape. I know Star Ace can do better than this.

That's the point of my posting. Star Ace has to see it and do better than this. Perhaps there's a member here who can tell Star Ace to see it, I don't know if Star Ace read the threads here.

It looks better in that PS mod, but still not perfect. :)

Its because I tried not to change the actual material too much. I'm like, let's see what we can do with the sculpt, make very small changes to improve the likeness. Thats just so Star Ace would want to make the changes. I don't think they will do a major change to the sculpt. They seem to be satisfied already with what they got.

I think that if they did make those small changes, as per your PS, it would shut a lot of people up and look way better. The thing that's interesting is that you've proved a slight change in paint would improve it too - like with the eyes. And a shorter neck and less hair, should also be fairly easy to tweak.

Like I said - they're probably now stuck with what they have.

Also, you've got to remember that some people will never be happy, no matter how close you get it, so it's always about compromise. I just wish SA hadn't compromised so far from the real Snape/Alan R.

^Touche. That's my point. They are close, and to choose not to fix it is pure ignorance. Said that in my posting with the PS mod.

And yes, you're very correct with that last statement.

Star Ace, if you're reading, please do the small fix. Or if any member here has a connection with them, please let them know and make them fix it.

They are already closely linked to this forum.

It really depends how far along with production they are.

Dave mentioned they will go darker on the purple clothes, so they're obviously not done yet. So, here's praying for the sculpt :pray:

How's everyone feel about the clear stands? They are starting to bug me for non broom characters. The bases aren't big enough with how the waste clips attach.

I've actually been looking into getting some clear stands. I'm moving from plain shelves to diorama displays, and the black stands are too noticeable.

I don't use stands, but I see the pluses and minuses for both. Quite like the clear ones being less obvious for dynamic poses. But if you're just straight "museum" posing them then HT style, all the way.

I must admit they look more uniform and "Cleaner" but not really a big fan of Star Ace bases. I like the HT ones with the name on them.

Really enjoyed wading through this thread. I'm not going to get into this line in a major way, but I really want a good Harry from the first three movies - unfortunately none of the HS's so far really appeal (not criticising them just feel unmoved by them). I want a Harry that sums up his child years without looking creepy.

I'm hoping they do a Harry from POA and Dumbledore Harris is a definite buy if they do a great young Harry. I would also LOVE a Quirrel. Those three on my shelf would be amazing.

^^ Here's the guy with the fantastic username I like!

Anyway, Captain Britain, have you seen the Dumbledores? Sculpts are great. Costumes, great. Accessories GREAT. Just ignore the beards for now. . .

^^ Here's the guy with the fantastic username I like!

Anyway, Captain Britain, have you seen the Dumbledores? Sculpts are great. Costumes, great. Accessories GREAT. Just ignore the beards for now. . .

Thanks Anx10us! I have seen Dumbledore and I love both of them but will be getting Harris. His character and outfit really sum up the whole wizard img world for me. The beards look okay to me, I'm just glad they didn't make them plastic ones.

I love Triwizard Harry but it's not whimsical enough for me - amazing outfit and great figure but it just looks too 'action movie' to me. I'm seriously tempted by CoS quiddirch Harry, just would like a slightly older HS.

The Year One Harry looks very "Toyish", The TriWizard Harry is looking as though it will be a great figure though with some great accessories, I'm debating on which Dumbledore figure to get, Gambon did it for me though I must admit!

The Year One Harry looks very "Toyish", The TriWizard Harry is looking as though it will be a great figure though with some great accessories, I'm debating on which Dumbledore figure to get, Gambon did it for me though I must admit!

It just goes to show you how subjective collecting is. That Tri-Wizzard Harry doesn't float my boat. The costume is great, I'm just "Meh" on the head sculpt. It doesn't look right to me. BUT I seem to be in the minority because I've not seen a bad word said against that figure from any other collector (so, I really do apologise for moaning - just being honest). I do like the cup too! Looks amazing.

I want both Dumbledores. Those head sculpts look absolutely spot on. I hope Star Ace keep them the same.

the year 1 harry is such a young version of the character it seems a bit tricky not to make him seem toyish really.

triwizard harry though looks very cool. i think all the kids in this will look best in their 'hallows' versions. i'd be open to a hermoine/ron/harry from that film.

I like both versions of Harry. Looking forward to Tri Wizard Harry... hesitant to order though due to these recent issues....

Sculpts on Dumbledore look good... but the hair/beard.... not so much in my opinion.

I suppose, I forget how young he was in the first film. As Anx10us said it is very subjective as I personally think Tri Wizard Harry is one of the best Star Ace figures I have seen.

Back