OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

I fear this will be an abondened line.

They'll probably give us a Naked Snake and a Boss as shown on the announcement and then tease us with a character from 1 or 2 then drop it (maybe a Raiden). I hope it doesn't happen but thats been the track record for Hot Toys in the past. Ask those who want a Rorschach.

big difference this is metal gear not watchmen the resident evil line was very successful i have no doubt this will be too mgs is very big overseas .

Last edited:
MGS1 Snake of my young adulthood or nothing for me. HT is getting way too expensive for anything but absolute favs for me.

MGS2 DX Solid Snake with Iroquois Pliskin set up FTW.

yes yes yes

big difference this is metal gear not watchmen the resident evil line was very successful i have no doubt this will be too mgs is very big overseas .

:exactly:

the Resi line had 2 different Leons, 2 Chris', 2 Jills, 2 weskers, shiva and the upcoming Ada.

and IMO Metal Gear franchise will do better

Guys, there's news over in the general collection forum! It looks like we're getting a Gray Fox figure. Kudos to Jengo for posting up the image.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97689&page=24

72c417d5gw1djdb4vwcqlj.jpg

the Resi line had 2 different Leons, 2 Chris', 2 Jills, 2 weskers, shiva and the upcoming Ada.

and IMO Metal Gear franchise will do better

"do better" In my opinion, I don't think so.
I'm not so sure character like Eva, The Boss, Volgin will sell well. Die hard Metal gear fans sure buy but people who like Metal Gear but not a big fan might not buy those characters.

Guys, there's news over in the general collection forum! It looks like we're getting a Gray Fox figure. Kudos to Jengo for posting up the image.

Dont be so sure, that "gray fox" was an iron man custom made from the Mark 3 a while back at a show of loads of HT iron Man customs.

EDIT...

DSC_0132-550x.jpg

It was.

I'm not so sure character like Eva, The Boss, Volgin will sell well. Die hard Metal gear fans sure buy but people who like Metal Gear but not a big fan might not buy those characters.

Do we really have to compare Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil on this thread? Both of them are terrific franchises.

But, on a key point, it was Metal Gear Solid that won Hot Toys' recent fan poll. No one expected it to beat out the big names like "Superman", and "Captain America", but it did.

Dont be so sure, that "gray fox" was an iron man custom made from the Mark 3 a while back at a show of loads of HT iron Man customs.

EDIT...

It was.

Ah, got it. It looks pretty nice though.................... :monkey1

But, on a key point, it was Metal Gear Solid that won Hot Toys' recent fan poll. No one expected it to beat out the big names like "Superman", and "Captain America", but it did.

Sorry to compare both fanchises. Yes it's HT JP poll ___anese people love metal gear solid.

Since this is the MGS thread i just want to say that to me, MGS is ten times the franchise of RESEVIL, Dead space basically took what Resi did and perfected it, making it obsolete, not to mention the movies with a main character not even from the game.

Thats about as bad as the previously planned Uncharted movie being about a family.

Sorry to compare both fanchises. Yes it's HT JP poll ___anese people love metal gear solid.

It was a well-known poll that anyone could vote on, not just ___anese people. But, you're really pushing a moot point, aren't you? Since Metal Gear Solid is in high demand by Hot Toys collectors, then doesn't that mean that the franchise has the likelihood of succeeding?

Edit: Why is the J-a-p in ___anese being censored??

Oh lord, can we please keep this thread clean of that Bullsh**

They're both awesome franchises. There. Done.

:lecture This!

Last edited:

It's not Grey Fox... that's a custom section down there. Like someone pointed out, it's a custom Iron Man.

It's not Grey Fox... that's a custom section down there. Like someone pointed out, it's a custom Iron Man.

Yeah, it's very confusing though, especially at first glance. Anyway.... back to waiting in anticipation :monkey2.

Yeah, it's very confusing though, especially at first glance. Anyway.... back to waiting in anticipation :monkey2.

I don't understand how any fan of hot toys and mgs would even think that was a legitimacy figure of Grey fox!:dunno

..but they would capable of producing an awesome "real" grey fox figure.

Oh lord, can we please keep this thread clean of that Bullsh**

They're both awesome franchises. There. Done.

seriously this is not a metal gear vs resident evil thread .

i enjoy both franchises ...im sorry i even mentioned resident evil in this thread to think it would get repsonse's like this come on people grow up .

i didnt mean in terms of the amount of characters. i just think it'll sell better.

In terms of different releases though there are so many different versions of Snake alone.
MGS1, MGS2 (incl Pliskin), MGS3 (incl sneaking suit), MGS4.

Then you got Grey Fox, Raiden, Liquid and Ocelot.

now those guys will definitely sell imo

Why does everyone...

Grey Fox:
1304358639_195115922_1-Pictures-of--GREY-FOX-FOR-SALE-IN-CHEAP-PRICE.jpg

Gray Fox:
200full.jpg

:lecture
Seriously ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back