Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

NECA could get more out of 2-3 more T-1000s

Biker T-1000
Frozen Biker T-1000 (maybe like the Endoskeleton of the case?)
Steel Mill T-1000 (current T-1000 body but with Biker body's boots)

So they could make at least the one rehash figure by making the boot legs and reusing the current body they have for him. And make the Biker body/head with the arms swapable at the points where they froze off. They wouldn't even need to include stumps, although it would look better to fill in the holes. I'm hoping the SDCC T-1000 does well enough they look into a frozen biker version and a 12" liquid metal one as well.

I'm hoping the SDCC T-1000 does well enough they look into a frozen biker version and a 12" liquid metal one as well.

A 12" 2-up of the liquid metal and regular version would be fantastic. I'd pair them both up with the 12" Pescadero and Battle Damaged Terminator figures NECA has done.

Well, as Maulfan has already said, NECA is really the only way to get a decent liquid metal version of the T-1000 in 1:6 scale. So if they only do one version, I want it to be that version. The HT figure will surpass any normal T-1000, but I doubt their ability to do a liquid metal version.

Yup, the 12" T-800s are nice additions to a T2 collection, but in the end, with Hot Toys, you'll have options for a nice 12" figure of him and T-1000, but the liquid metal is one thing Hot Toys is fairly unlikely to touch upon, so NECA doing it is more a necessity than nicety.

Yeah, that's one of the first things I thought of when I saw the first pics of these NECA T-1000s. Unfortunately it won't be as easy swapping heads like it was with the Mcfarlane T-800. Their T-1000 had a swivel joint so unless we heavily customize it will be hard to achieve.

The thing with the T-800 was that it wasn't so much exchanging heads between figures as just dumping the McFarlane one altogether because it was crap. So yeah there was no worry about how to get the McFarlane head onto the NECA body. This time there would be because we'd be intending to keep the McFarlane donut head to transfer onto the more scene-accurate non-battledamaged NECA body.

I guess you'd have to somehow remove the balljoint from the NECA body. This was majorly difficult on the T-800 figure and couldn't be done without destroying the T-800 body (I did it on a spare neca to use with the McFarlane MM4 figure where it works perfectly). Either that or hollow out the McFarlane heads neck.

The other question is are the size of the heads and length of the necks OK for the crossoever.

I love the 12" Pescadero , he looks exactly like the T2 Arnie, neca pls make a 18" of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyOiCPs22KE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQeJUZxLmR0

AnD THIS ONE in 18"

predator-figure-neca-03.jpg

and the world is OK again !

tHX nECA

Last edited:

Speaking of which there are carded shots of wave 3 up on ebay. I would imagine they'll start to hit this week and the week after.

What is it with these ebay guys taking the crappiest pics? Heads not stuck on properly, weapons not being held properly, arms flailing this way and that with no attempt at a realistic or cool pose. Just annoys the heck out of me.

Have you all seen Xeno's re-worked 12" pescadero sculpt in the customs section? It's fantastic. It is the semi damaged look.

Back