Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

These are the latest pics I've seen from that ebay link:

necaT2s36.jpg

necaT2s37.jpg

necaT2s3.jpg

necaT2s31.jpg

necaT2s32.jpg

necaT2s33.jpg

necaT2s35.jpg

necaT2s34.jpg

No bandolier on T-800 for some reason. The paintjob is a bit cartoony and crap again. Why does my Conan figure have such a superior paintjob?

T-1000 looks cool. Crappy presentation though in these pics, he hasn't even assembled him properly. Perhaps trying to demonstrate that the heads are removeable but I would think the written description is enough for that.

So, have to buy a spare FB T-800 for the bandolier to go on the new semi-BD figure, no biggy, but that scuks, unless maybe he does come with it and whoever took those shots is just missing it for some reason.

T-1000 looks good, hope these hit stores soon.

Yeah, they do look great. I'm surprised just how much I like the split-healing head. I thought it was a really odd choice for a head (why not donut, even if inaccurate?) but now I'm actually glad they made that one. Gives me hope we'll see at least 2 more T-1000s. Biker and Steel Mill (with donut head). Although they could easily do a Chrome Biker as well or even frozen. Hopefully they do well enough. And with all of the options coming with him, I'm really tempted to get a couple of each.

And I'm wondering if the SDCC T-1000 will come with all of the same stuff as the Mall version, or if he'll even get some unique stuff like an arm or a head starting to colorize?

Here's the lowdown on the SDCC figure. Looking at the carded shot, seems like it'll be the exact same thing as the mall version, just with the body, head and hands all being chrome, they might slip and make the pistol chrome, but it shouldn't be, because that's not part of his liquid metal.

Why is it so hard to post the scale, I guess sites figure we'll assume 7" since that's NECA's primary scale.

According to Horrobid, it'll have 5 different hands and a pistol.

https://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/05/14/sd-comic-con-2010-exclusive-liquid-metal

As far as the healing head, I'm actually hoping HT including the donute head with the Sarah figure might mean we get fully split and healing heads with a T-1000 figure like NECA's done.

I'm not feeling optimistic about another series. Tankman said he'd rather move on to T1 if, anything Terminator, at this point. But maybe I'm reading too much into that. If these do well maybe they'll get some other sculptors on the case if Kyle is working on other things.

They've come this far. I think it would be a pity not to at least finish out the T-1000. Ideally they'd do Steel mill Sarah connor and young John but if they're feeling conservative even about the T-1000 then those two seem very unlikely indeed.

I could understand them calling it quits, the line's going well, but I imagine in any line, T-1000 is a weaker seller than T-800, and depending on the market and product, becomes less and less worth making mass available. Hot Toys will do fine with it, NECA on the other hand might struggle selling off T-1000s, and probably judged that off how well their T-800s did, and probably why instead of a 3 T-1000 figure wave, we get 2 T-1000s and 2 T-800s with the 3rd T-1000 being an SDCC exclusive.

At this point, I'm more concerned about the possibility of a 12" chrome T-1000 more than additional 7" figures.

Think it's fair to say I still won't be buying those 2 new T-800's. I was planning on getting the Steel Mill but the potential missing bandolier and what looks like articulation that can't get the correct pose is putting me off. I want him to be able to get the same pose as the old Mcfarlane figure. That is what was intended of it, after all! It looks like his right arm can't bend high enough. The T-1000 looks great but why is he taller than the T-800?

The T-1000 looks great but why is he taller than the T-800?

I'm hoping thats just an illusion of perspective and the fact that the guy doesn't have his head pushed down all the way in some pics. Because yeah he should not be taller than Arnie.

That's not just bias towards Arnie either. He is genuinely taller than him isn't he? There's no excuse if the T-1000 is taller, really.

Think it's fair to say I still won't be buying those 2 new T-800's. I was planning on getting the Steel Mill but the potential missing bandolier and what looks like articulation that can't get the correct pose is putting me off. I want him to be able to get the same pose as the old Mcfarlane figure. That is what was intended of it, after all! It looks like his right arm can't bend high enough. The T-1000 looks great but why is he taller than the T-800?

The bandolier is included and T-1000 isn't taller than the T-800. If you look at the shots the T-1000 is slightly raised in the side by side pics making the T-800 appear shorter. They also didn't press the T-1000s head down far enough.

Cheers mate. Whats the poseability like on the Steel mill T800?

If you have any of the other NECA T-800s, the articulation is the same, it's the same parts, all the T-800s share parts except for what has to be unique to the specific look.

If you don't have any of them, here's a breakdown from Cool Toy Review showing the articulation points of the Cyberdyne figure and the Steel Mill will be the same.

NECA-102.jpg

Back