Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I wonder if the stabbing arm on the McFarlane T-1000 figure can be popped off & replaced with the NECA normal T-1000 figure to have a more accurate representation from that scene. I think the McFarlane figure used a ball joint in the arm socket if I'm not mistaken. Actually, I'm also thinking of a total torse swap out. Use the McFarlane legs with the NECA upper torse to get a T-1000 with biker boots from the steel mill scene. Lots of possibilities.

T1000_01.jpg

T1000_02.jpg

T1000_06.jpg

Switching parts between McF/NECA version would be extremely difficult. McF figure used swivel joints everywhere: head,shoulders,wrist,waist,biceps while the NECA figure features ball joints in arms. Also,the paint scheme seems to be different (darker in the NECA version, i think) so it would be really difficult to get a good looking combination of both figures. I hope this wave is succesful enough so they could make a fourth one. I think a Steel-Mill t-1000 with donut head and biker boots is a must

I wonder if the stabbing arm on the McFarlane T-1000 figure can be popped off & replaced with the NECA normal T-1000 figure to have a more accurate representation from that scene. I think the McFarlane figure used a ball joint in the arm socket if I'm not mistaken. Actually, I'm also thinking of a total torse swap out. Use the McFarlane legs with the NECA upper torse to get a T-1000 with biker boots from the steel mill scene. Lots of possibilities.

Well, the bullet damage on the McFarlane figure corresponds to the scene when Sarah almost blasts him into the molten steel but runs out of ammo just as she has him at the edge. So if you could put the NECA head on and a normal left arm you could convert the McFarlane into an accurate T-1000 from that particular part of the steel mill sequence. I'm going to investigate the possibility of doing that. If it can be done then I will also look into giving that now headless Neca Galleria T-1000 the mcFarlane donut head. It would then almost be accurate to the donut head scene, only problem being the lack of motorcycle cop's trousers and boots.

What the hell? The following in italics was posted by someone at that "Fwoosh" link:

frankly i am not thrilled at needing to buy three versions of T-1000 and then having to extensively rebuild and modify him to create the figure NECA should, could, but won't make.

What figure is that exactly? I really wonder what this guy is talking about because I don't see how NECA could have approached this any differently than what they have done. What figure should they have made that wouldn't have required 'rebuilding' and 'modification'? Is he suggesting that one figure should have somehow incorporated everything thats offered across the 3 T-1000s they've made? Talk about unrealistic expectations.

Anyone seen shots of the Pescadero T-1000 from behind yet? I'm wondering if they sculpted the exit wounds. There should be, he definitely had them in that scene, I checked the other night.

Before all of these figures started coming out, I didn't realize there were exit wounds on his back, but now I started to notice them, but it's only from shotguns, the pistol hits just get stuck in him and never come out, you even hear wet sounds when Sarah's shooting him in the Pescadere Garage.

For the scale and price, you really can't go wrong with the NECA figures.

Imo the Arnold's face paint and sculpt is not good, even for the price. Likeness maybe but the paint isn't good at all. This on the other hand looks sweet. Especially the eyes.

Yeah, it does look better in the paint department, but, in hand, at the 7" scale, the Arnold figures look good, not great for closeup photos (except the Pescadero one) but at scale they look good.

Back