Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah this is different. I use play a LOT and am used the the status of the orders. Dates always get pushed back that is normal. But this is different. On the date they had as their release date, the items vanished and have never come back. The order is still there, but normally the date would just change on these items.

This is why I mention it, it is not a normal case of the date being wrong. It seems like Play.com are not now getting the stock.

EDIT
LOL they just came back. So might be ok now. But it is still weird.

EDIT
:( And NOW I just got an email saying the preorders are cancelled cos they cant get them. Weird!!!!
Very wierd indeed! Sorry to hear the order has fell through mate.

You could try e-bay or www.buyforlessonline.co.uk , which is the website I bought the cyberdyne and final battle figures from. I recieved them today. They were shipped Monday. Not bad! Same speed as play. They have the Neca series 3 figures, including the T-1000's.

I've gotta say I was expecting the cyberdyne to be the best of the lot but the final battle really has stole the show. Awesome figure. It captures his look perfectly. Not to mention you get the spare head that can go on the McFarlane T-800 body. I know i'm late to the party in saying all this but for whatever reason I hadn't bought them before now!

I think i'm gonna hold off on the T23D figure as i'm not too into the look. As maulfan says, their just milking it, so I think I can hold off for now. The Steel Mill can also wait as I have the mcfarlane version now which is adequate.

The T-1000's come first. I need them!! Gonna look awesome next to the small army of T-800's.

Last edited:
T1 was ok but to me T2 is the best, no other terminator movie could top that. i know there are 4 now but T2 is the only one i like and own on bluray and the only one i ever plan to.

Randy said on NECA's twitter that a fourth series will depend on sales and other plans they have for the Terminator franchise...i'm pretty sure it's T1, maybe they announce something at SDCC. Everybody wants a Kyle Reese figure, and they could make a couple of version: Tech noir, police station,final battle..not to talk about the terminator himself. And also, they could still continue working on T2 line.The biker cop T-1000 with submachine-gun from the highway scene and the steel mill t-1000 (with donut head) are a must.

when the hell are we gonna see T1000 in stores? they shoulda been out by now....are we gonna have to wait till fall before we see them? the wait is getting rediulous.

I would love to see T1 figures. But what I would love more is the T2 T-800 on the Harley. That would be the Big Daddy of the collection.

I've saw them on a few websites over here in the UK, ebay included.

Can't wait for SDCC, it's pretty obvious we're going to see some new Terminator stuff from Neca is is not?

I'd actually love it if they came out with a 12" Cyberdyne figure.

Other stuff to expect from Neca at SDCC though is Assassins creed 2 and Splinter cell figures so even if they don't come out with anything terminator i'll be happy!

You could try e-bay or www.buyforlessonline.co.uk , which is the website I bought the cyberdyne and final battle figures from. I recieved them today. They were shipped Monday. Not bad! Same speed as play. They have the Neca series 3 figures, including the T-1000's.

I've gotta say I was expecting the cyberdyne to be the best of the lot but the final battle really has stole the show. Awesome figure. It captures his look perfectly. Not to mention you get the spare head that can go on the McFarlane T-800 body. I know i'm late to the party in saying all this but for whatever reason I hadn't bought them before now!

I think i'm gonna hold off on the T23D figure as i'm not too into the look. As maulfan says, their just milking it, so I think I can hold off for now. The Steel Mill can also wait as I have the mcfarlane version now which is adequate.

The T-1000's come first. I need them!! Gonna look awesome next to the small army of T-800's.

I always thought you had already done the headswap onto the McFarlane figure but how could you without having the Final Battle figure.

Hows the paint on yours? Any of the usual warping of the minigun and grenade launcher?

Grenads launchers yes, minigun no! Was made up with the mini gun on mine, as I was really expecting it to be warped. It's perfect. The paint on the cyberdyne head was a little off though, no paint on the lips and the hair was a bit of a mess. Easy touched up, though.

Final battle figure was perfect. I did my usual little touch ups on the fully battle damaged head though. Just painted a little flesh over the blood on the face, makes it a bit more accurate.

Made up with the figures.

Yeah I don't think I got a single M79 that wasn't bent. I wish they wouldn't insist on having them over the T-800s shoulder in the package, the warping was bound to happen. And the twisty ties tended to be responsible for crushing the gun-barrells of the mini-gun - yet I didn't see why the Twisty ties were necessary at all. The blister part of the packaging retained everything in place just fine without them.

Randy said on Twitter that the sales of Series 3 of T2 will affect other plans they have Terminator. He also said they might have something to tell at SDCC.

That's stupid, Series 3 is probably going to be the weakest selling of the 3 waves, only one Arnie that average consumers will care about and T-1000, a T1 line would be just Arnie figures.

I'd be curious to know how T1 is received by younger generations, I'm in my twenties and I find a lot of the heavy 80s qualities of it to be bizarre, I wonder what someone in their teens thinks of it. T2 has a more timeless quality to the clothes and situations, there's not too much you couldn't see in today's society.

Yeah I don't think I got a single M79 that wasn't bent. I wish they wouldn't insist on having them over the T-800s shoulder in the package, the warping was bound to happen. And the twisty ties tended to be responsible for crushing the gun-barrells of the mini-gun - yet I didn't see why the Twisty ties were necessary at all. The blister part of the packaging retained everything in place just fine without them.
Yep. We can't really blame the way they have it packaged on the figure on the cyberdyne figure though because the M79 with the final battle was slightly bent as well. That's just packaged in the tray. The cyberdyne M79 was definitely more bent though.

The twisty ties that were on the minigun were thinner than the ones you normally get, for example the one holding the actual figure in place. Maybe that helped. As you say though, totally not needed. It's always been part of taking figures out of packaging though so in a strange way I kind of like them :lol

Those very 80s songs of T1

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PkyiiamZZew&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PkyiiamZZew&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wyr7rDVNIRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wyr7rDVNIRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IlOY8eIiH8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IlOY8eIiH8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I have both the Tech Noir songs as part of my T1 soundtrack playlist, I like them. The music doesn't really bother me, but some of the clothe look very bizarre to me, I was too young in the 80s to really notice or remember how folks dressed, plus I'm from small town USA, not a place like LA which I'm sure had a far different look from suburbia.

I think in general the film quality of T1 looks so different from the rest in the series. You can see the lower budget just in the lighting. To me that (and the hair) dates it worse than anything. Then again, T1 was about people's fears of computers and machines in the 80's, so the time is an important factor. It just wouldn't be the same if it was "timeless".

That's stupid, Series 3 is probably going to be the weakest selling of the 3 waves, only one Arnie that average consumers will care about and T-1000, a T1 line would be just Arnie figures.

I'd be curious to know how T1 is received by younger generations, I'm in my twenties and I find a lot of the heavy 80s qualities of it to be bizarre, I wonder what someone in their teens thinks of it. T2 has a more timeless quality to the clothes and situations, there's not too much you couldn't see in today's society.

I'm also in my 20's (24 to be exact) and I hated the styles of the 80's and early 90's (big hair or mullets and neon colored clothes :monkey4) but despite that, I actually think the 80's look and feel goes perfect with T1.

Back