Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you know it wasn't just yours. All mine broke too.

They probably don't mention them because they never bought or knew about them back in '09 and 2010.

Thanks for all the kind words on the setup folks! I will post more pics when I have them all out...

Great set up you got there, sallah. What are the stands you use to display Sarah's heads? Are they just normal stands for 3-4 inch dolls?

Yup! Little, tiny doll stands for the heads. I will look to see exactly which ones they are and post it later on.

On the T-1000 arms- My first one crumbled to bits. After that, I never again moved the elbow joints on any releases of that figure. Just in case.

Sallah

No, you know it wasn't just yours. All mine broke too.

They probably don't mention them because they never bought or knew about them back in '09 and 2010.

Buncha newbs.

2009 was a major year for us fans of T2. Remember seeing that 4 figure line-up at Comic-con or Toyfair, whichever it was. It blew my mind to see the Pescadero Escape, Man or Machine, Cyberdyne Showdown and Battle-Damage figures all at once and, it seemed to me at the time, completely out of nowhere. I hadn't read beforehand that NECA were making them or seen any unpainted prototype teasers or anything.

Probably one of the most memorable toy-related surprises I've ever had, tied with seeing the new kenner Star Wars line in a toy shop back in '95 or '96.

-edit- actually seeing Mcfarlane's Movie Maniacs T-800 and T-1000 was pretty big aswell...only for that to be somewhat ruined by how the T-800's headsculpt ended up looking.

Last edited:
I had the Mcfarlane T-800, T-000 and Endo, which all came out around the time of the 10th anniversary of T2 if I remember. The Endo and T-000 were pretty good figures for their time.

Didn't Arnie refuse his likeness on the T-800 at the last minute hence why they changed the headsculpt?

Buncha newbs.......
-edit- actually seeing Mcfarlane's Movie Maniacs T-800 and T-1000 was pretty big aswell...only for that to be somewhat ruined by how the T-800's headsculpt ended up looking.
Lol, I agree 100%
2016-01-28 13.58.56.jpg

I had the Mcfarlane T-800, T-000 and Endo, which all came out around the time of the 10th anniversary of T2 if I remember. The Endo and T-000 were pretty good figures for their time.

Didn't Arnie refuse his likeness on the T-800 at the last minute hence why they changed the headsculpt?

Hah, remember when T2 was only 10 years old.

Yeah something went wrong at the last and they were forced into removing his likeness entirely. So disappointing because the sculpts with his likeness (and not a bad job for the time) had been shown. Of course I still bought 3 of them I think, only one of which remains fully intact in my collection with a NECA head replacing the non-likeness McFarlane head.

The McFarlane T-1000 is still our only representation of the exploded T-1000 so it's still very much worth having in the collection. The endo, despite its many inaccuracies, remained the best one in the scale for years. Only NECA's most recent endo beats it, although there's some aspects that I still prefer on the McFarlane one - namely the articulation and the hollow between pistons and on parts of the thighs which are all filled-in on even the best NECA endo.

The weirdest thing for me looking back on the McFarlane Movie Maniacs Terminator line is that it was even included under the banner of ''Movie Maniacs'', a line of horror characters, monsters and deranged killers. And those poster stands were so ill-suited to Terminator.

:lol

Well I never had one of those. If memory serves I did join the collectors club so as to buy the Corporal Hicks with helmet and shotgun but if I ever received a card like that I don't think I kept it.

I see you're using what looks like a large bookshelf unit for your stuff. Same here, although yours look nicer. Mine are far from ideal because most of the shelves aren't tall enough for a full standing Hot Toys figure. I've been saying it for years but one day I will retire them, or solely use them for NECA figures.

They work pretty well. The top shelf is not adjustable but perfect for hot toys. I prefer to look slightly up at the hot toys. I don't have that many so I don't have to worry about space.

Sorry for going off topic....
2016-01-28 14.42.25-01.jpeg
2016-01-28 14.42.02-01.jpeg

Buncha newbs.

2009 was a major year for us fans of T2. Remember seeing that 4 figure line-up at Comic-con or Toyfair, whichever it was. It blew my mind to see the Pescadero Escape, Man or Machine, Cyberdyne Showdown and Battle-Damage figures all at once and, it seemed to me at the time, completely out of nowhere. I hadn't read beforehand that NECA were making them or seen any unpainted prototype teasers or anything.

Probably one of the most memorable toy-related surprises I've ever had, tied with seeing the new kenner Star Wars line in a toy shop back in '95 or '96.

Yup, we saw them on rebelscum. I remember we were talking about them. To this day I'd love to own those original 2-ups that were on display there. I was blown away.

^The Man or Machine one in particular, the actual figure didn't translate quite so well.

My Terminator NECA-love is back in full swing as a result of these Ultimate figures. I had assumed NECA was finished with these films, now we've got T1 Ultimates coming and apparently more T2 stuff aswell.

I took all my old variants back out of the box and I have in mind to buy more of the current batch of Ultimates despite swearing I wouldn't replace all my shoddy broken T-1000s. I want to make a Galleria battle-damage version and perhaps even customise it so that the bullet squibs are recessed into the chest as opposed to sitting on top of it. Also by jove I managed to get a set of reasonably straight stabbing finger hands so I want to set up the 'call to John' scene with Sarah Connor, although I'll need Steel Mill T-1000 legs for that.

Don't need any more T-800s but I'll probably be looking to get more T-1000s and a couple more Sarah Connors, maybe another Genisys T-1000 as he has the best (and most) bullet squibs.

Just when I thought I was out....

So maybe we'll get an ultimate T1 Sarah Connor....................hahahahahahaha. Can always hope. I wonder what would be ultimate about it.

I'm still mad these 3 3/4 - 4inch figures never saw the light of day. Well not really seeing all the stuff we have now 11 years later. :lol But still, those would have been cool, especially the Resistance soldier and scale. I know they had other variations of the T-800 and T-1000 planned with mix and match possibilities that would have been fun before it got scrapped.

page-2569.jpg
29528491_48b18e3f6e.jpg

Holy, I never saw those at all.

Probably would have bought those if they'd been made but I'm amazed they went completely under my radar.

Them spindly legs made them giants.

Except Arnold, he got shorter from his preposed brothers.

T-800.jpg

Back