Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lots of such quotes in articles above :lol

I didn't meet the guy...too much security :lol I lived in Puerto Rico when he was filming "Assassins." It was big deal...well, it was on the local news. They were filming some scenes in San Juan and my brother and I went to see them filming the bank scene. We also saw Antonio Banderas running around a few times.

I can't believe no one actually noticed how out of proportion are the legs on this Ultimate T-1000. His legs are even shorter than Sarah's. I thought this new figure will finally do justice to all previous attempts but regretfully this ain't the case.

I knew his legs were shorter than the previous version but so too are the Ultimate T-800's legs. With the T-800 being shorter they had to correspondingly make the T-1000 shorter. Now, I don't know if it was intentional on NECA's part to make these figures shorter than the previous versions, maybe someone could ask them on twitter. I'd rather they'd kept them consistent with all the other figures myself.

I don't really think the T-1000's legs are internally out of proportion, they don't look unnaturally so to my eyes. Personally I think, if anything, the problem lies with the Sarah figure - her legs are too long. I'd have taken a smidge off her thighs and ankles to shorten her just a bit.

Last edited:
I knew his legs were shorter than the previous version but so too are the Ultimate T-800's legs. With the T-800 being shorter they had to correspondingly make the T-1000 shorter. Now, I don't know if it was intentional on NECA's part to make these figures shorter than the previous versions, maybe someone could ask them on twitter. I'd rather they'd kept them consistent with all the other figures myself.

I don't really think the T-1000's legs are internally out of proportion, they don't look unnaturally so to my eyes. Personally I think, if anything, the problem lies with the Sarah figure - her legs are too long. I'd take a smidge off her thighs and ankles to shorten her just a bit.

I tend to agree. The legs look fine on the new T1000, but it is very difficult to tell at this scale when something is only very slightly off. Maybe the original offerings were thought to be too long. Either way, it doesn't bother me. I'm not one that has to group all like things together. I actually think that when you get too many like items grouped together, it just looks too busy. My displays have to look aesthetically pleasing, so I'll even mix and match different scales. To each his own. I'm just happy that we continue to get new offerings.

lots of such quotes in articles above :lol
Yep, living and working here in Sacramento CA I have been around him a bit over the years. 6'. Probably shrunk an inch since his prime.
I leave it at that so the thread can go back on topic. Wasn't trying to do anything but help out.
PS,
He is also my hand Twin. (The lab separated us at birth)
2016-01-31 08.49.19.jpg

Last edited:
The new T-1000 seems less accurate in overall body proportions than the originals, the original seemed perfect to Patrick in that film.

I will be back at Cyberdyne in 2 weeks if anyone wants specific hi rez shots/angles for a backdrop display, let me know and I can snap them.
2016-01-31 10.23.41.jpg
2016-01-31 10.24.05.jpg

See if Gibbons still works there. And if he's not at his desk check the toilets.

Doubtful very doubtful lol. Gibbons looked like he was in his late 50's or early 60's in t2 .That was 1991 and that would make him....well....U do the maths...

I don't really think the T-1000's legs are internally out of proportion, they don't look unnaturally so to my eyes. Personally I think, if anything, the problem lies with the Sarah figure - her legs are too long. I'd have taken a smidge off her thighs and ankles to shorten her just a bit.

The newer T-1000 has the same height next to the older ones even though they were in a flexed legs stance. In Sarah's case, the only issue I see is the unnatural concave shin (and not so feminine thighs, but that's a different story). 30 sec in hot water, a little pressure applied and they look straight as they should now. I must admit, the figure looks a lot better in hand, so my initial reaction was kinda exaggerated.

Maulfan kind of reinstated doubt in my mind. I think the old T-1000 probably did have the correct proportions. The new one isn't unnatural looking but nevertheless the legs may be too short for Robert Patrick.

However I think I'll take the figure that doesn't fall to pieces in your hand, the new one. I definitely plan to buy more of him and I wouldn't mind seeing an Ultimate Steel Mill version (for the different pants & footwear) although they did already put the Donut head with this release so I'm not sure if we should take that as a statement that there won't be a new Steel Mill T-1000 release....

I just feel like in the side by side photo, the T-1000 almost seems in the same proportions as the T-800, Patrick is most definitely skinnier in overall build to Arnold, I don't care about the heights but that was one of the more wow factors of T2, the T-1000 looked like no physical match for T-800 but could kick his ass.

Could somebody who has the Ultimate T-1000 please post some side-by-side pics with the original Galleria and Pescadero versions?

Yep, living and working here in Sacramento CA I have been around him a bit over the years. 6'. Probably shrunk an inch since his prime.
I leave it at that so the thread can go back on topic. Wasn't trying to do anything but help out.
PS,
He is also my hand Twin. (The lab separated us at birth)
attachment.php
ha, really looks alike :)

I'm still mad these 3 3/4 - 4inch figures never saw the light of day. Well not really seeing all the stuff we have now 11 years later. :lol But still, those would have been cool, especially the Resistance soldier and scale. I know they had other variations of the T-800 and T-1000 planned with mix and match possibilities that would have been fun before it got scrapped.

Been a while since I saw those. Palisades had a few licences planned at that scale, pretty cool stuff. I miss that company.

Back