Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ponytail Sarah head has the exact same "eyes looking left" paintjob.

Ah, maybe it's more common than I thought. The other two I have are looking straight ahead.

Seeing McFarlane Sarah next to NECA, there just aren't words for how weird and awful McFarlane looks, that seems even below their standards.

I used to think she was alright but yeah, awful now. Their T-800 probably held up the best, although it needed the NECA sculpt to bring it up to par. It's a bit too tall and thin in the legs is all.

What else could they do for Arnie?

Maybe a SWAT shootout version - a BD figure with clean legs and ideally a teargas launcher.

Not sure I like this to be honest

Well, I do. :) Very, VERY cool idea and great execution!

I just picked up all 3 Ultimates the other day and decided to dig out all my other NECA Terminators and display them. I am not close to having it all set up yet, but this how I am doing each one-

5DFDBBA3-469D-45B7-B6D3-AE57F81CF44F_zps01ornzb0.jpg

...and that is my customized Battle Damage "Ultimate" T-800 sneaking in there. :) Thankfully, NECA used the same torso on the Ultimate T-800 as they did with their previous releases... So I just popped the legs off a Final Battle and put the Ultimate legs on there. :) Has all the same articulation as the standard Ultimate release, but the battle damaged chest and hands make more sense with the battle damaged head.

And YankeesFanBoy- I personally LOVE the Ultimate T-800. Yeah, the upper torso, heads, and weapons are all stuff we have seen before, but getting all those display options with one release AND all the new articulation on the legs for under $25 makes him a steal.

Sallah

Last edited:
Hey, dev, would you recommend the Ultimate T-800? I already have most of the original NECA figures and don't really need that one, even with the extra articulation, but I wanted to hear your thoughts. Cheers. :duff

Well, only if you feel a completist need with these figures and if you can think of a different T-800 variant you'd like to set up. Other than the articulated hips and knees it offers nothing new and is a little shorter than the other T-800s.

It's certainly a great figure for anyone who doesn't have the previous ones.

I think the articulation makes it a good one for T2 Battle Across Time - he did a lot of running in that so a wide leg stance works for it. Although NECA already released a Battle Across Time T-800 and it had a cool plasma rifle specific to that which ideally you'd have. Then you'd have to appropriate that figure for something else.

Sallah, I love your name displays, really adds to it.

Thanks for the comment on the Genisys Pops custom. As I said I haven't done anything permanent to the Pops figure. There's an endoskeleton shoulder socket tucked inside his jacket to allow the arm to attach but I didn't even see a need to glue it on. So I can take off the arm and put on the shoulder stump that NECA provided if I so wish.

I thought I'd have to perform surgery on Pops to get this to work. I didn't, which was great, although there was that complication about the endoskeleton arm itself being too long.

That display looks classy. Reminds me of an exhibition show I did or the displays you see at Toy Fair and such. Really nice.

I was so focussed on the name displays that I failed to notice the stands aswell. Some people don't like stands but unless you've got your figures in dioramas where they would obviously spoil the look I think they're perfectly fine. And those circular stands with just the peg for the foot don't always work with NECA figures.

Excellent :yess:

Glad they're doing both major looks from T1. You can already tell how cool they'll look with those new legs.

I only wish that Police Shootout head would be revisited, the hair was never quite right.

I'm more likely to go for the Tech Noir one, I missed the BD version the first time around, I have police shootout and BD tanker version.

Excellent :yess:

Glad they're doing both major looks from T1. You can already tell how cool they'll look with those new legs.

I only wish that Police Shootout head would be revisited, the hair was never quite right.

You and your obsession with Arnolds hair. :lol

Seriously though, I agree. It looks way too short compared to what's seen on film.

Great set up you got there, sallah. What are the stands you use to display Sarah's heads? Are they just normal stands for 3-4 inch dolls?

So I noticed after mixing and matching heads on my ultimate T-1000, the heads have started to become loose when attached to the ball joint, slightly more so than they originally were. His bullet hole head now feels quite loose on the damaged torso when moving it, and his split open head doesn't even really pop on to the ball joints properly without coming off easily. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

It's not really a massive problem and this is the type of figure I could easily buy more than one anyway.

Well, only if you feel a completist need with these figures and if you can think of a different T-800 variant you'd like to set up. Other than the articulated hips and knees it offers nothing new and is a little shorter than the other T-800s.

It's certainly a great figure for anyone who doesn't have the previous ones.

I think the articulation makes it a good one for T2 Battle Across Time - he did a lot of running in that so a wide leg stance works for it. Although NECA already released a Battle Across Time T-800 and it had a cool plasma rifle specific to that which ideally you'd have. Then you'd have to appropriate that figure for something else.

Thanks, man, just Sarah for me then. :duff

Very, very cool, sallah. :clap

You and your obsession with Arnolds hair. :lol

I know. :lol NECA are great with sculpting his hair, the police shootout sculpt is an exception to the rule with them. Maybe they know it but it was a budget issue.

Anyway I got my Ultimate T-1000s today - nice figure, QC seems much better than the original T-1000 releases thank ****.

However there's a few things short of making him truly ultimate - the sword arm (originally came with Motorcycle Cop version), a left-hand trigger finger and I would have gone with the fully split head instead of the ''healing'' head. Maybe it was a case of they could only fit so much inside the blister.

I also kinda wish they would have gone with the Galleria battle-damage for the chest instead of just reissuing the Pescadero battle-damage. The other thing is, and this also applies to the previous T-1000 releases, the bullet damage parts are more like exit wounds, applied onto the figure instead of into the figure. This is one thing that McFarlane got right with the Movie Maniacs T-1000 - the bullet damage was recessed into the chest and there were exit wounds on the back. I'm sure there's a reason NECA didn't do this, it probably came down to money.

As regards the headsculpts I've always had a feeling that the clean sculpt was a bit too long in the face and I've just now noticed that it definitely seems longer compared to the Donut head. I think the latter has it right with a slightly shorter face. Otherwise very good likenesses.

Lastly, although I'm in work and can't compare, I'd say this one is definitely shorter than the previous T-1000s and is thus probably accurately sized compared to the Ultimate T-800. Thing is I wish they'd stayed consistent with the previous figures, I don't like this trend of figures getting smaller.

^^that looks like a lot of complaining but believe it or not I'm actually pretty happy with the figure overall. Really glad to have a T-1000 that doesn't feel like it's going to break, nice enough paint apps, the interchangeable torso is a great idea and I can now replace the previous weird looking scaly-skinned Donut head I had before.

Neca Ultimate T-1000 by scarrviper, on Flickr

Overall I'm very pleased with this figure. I love the wide variety of display options thanks to multitude of alternate parts he comes with. My only gripe is that I wish they would have included the other "split open" head rather than the one here where his head is putting itself back together. A few paint touch ups here and there and he will be good to go.

Also, whomever at amazon packed this figure for shipping was extremely lazy. Rather than putting it in a box, they just stuck it in a plastic bag with a label on it. No bubble wrap, no protection, just a bag like what clothes are typically shipped in. As a result the packaging suffered some damage. Thankfully the figure wasn't harmed.

I guess I have one more criticism of the T-1000 - the liquid metal parts are a bit dull. Just comparing the bullet hits to those of the Genisys T-1000 and there's actually a noticeable difference, they're more chrome-like on the Genisys figure.

But otherwise, damned if this figure isn't tempting me to replace all my older gammy T-1000 figures with their dried out looking plastic, warped calves and my crude repair jobs on all the broken limbs....

:lol

Never seen that reviewer before.

Curious - how come no youtube reviewers ever mention the supremely awful QC on the older T-1000 figures? Was I just extremely unlucky to get an awful batch from both the US and the UK? The fact that every single one of my (many) T-1000 figures broke at almost every possible joint sorta made me think the problem was widespread, particularly since I got some of them from BBTS and some of them from staractionfigures in the UK. It didn't seem like it could be an unfortunate coincidence and yet I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned by youtube reviewers.

Back