Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original had 2 left hands, fist and gun hold, but neither right nor left gun hand holds the uzi naturally.

Actually yeah I think you're right, I remember seeing some loose Tech Noir hands in my spare parts bag.

So much like the Uncle Bob figure this is all about the articulated hips, knees and ankles and throwing as much pre-existing extras in as they can afford. Well, it was always a buy anyway.

The only Ultimate terminator figure that has impressed me has been Sarah Connor so far, for obvious reasons.

I have a bunch of the original Tech Noir and the battle damaged DIY surgery T-800 with pretty great paint applications. The new legs are nice, but I'm not too fussed with 8 new points of articulation when he's extremely limited in the elbows anyway. I'm content with my "shooting at Kyle Reese behind the bar" pose. Wasn't fussed with Ultimate Uncle Bob either. Personally, I like the Pescadero and Battle damaged versions better.

Now if they cleaned up the head sculpts, added that nifty hidden ab crunch under their shirt like they did on their '89 Keaton Batman and Ledger Joker and maybe fixed those elbow joint cuts for more movement, I'd be all over them.

I'll probably get the Ultimate police shootout though since it always bugged me that he had the same pose as the Tech Noirs. Plus, he'll probably have nice glossy glasses like he Ultimate T2.

Last edited:
I really just want a Tech Noir T-800 who can stand neutral, just looking like a beast. This will allow that. The old figure has me covered for shooting at Reese in the bar.

Although as Maufan said we could do with a hand that can hold the uzi properly and I don't think we're getting that.

I'm going to assume that this Ultimate Tech Noir has,

- regular long hair head
- burned off eye brows head
- bloody eye head

- uzi
- pistol
- shotgun

- left fist
- right damaged arm with exposed ends arm and bare hand

I'm going to assume that this Ultimate Tech Noir has,

- regular long hair head
- burned off eye brows head
- bloody eye head

- uzi
- pistol
- shotgun

- left fist
- right damaged arm with exposed ends arm and bare hand

Makes chronological sense, moreso than the Uncle Bob release which was a mish mash from the entire film. That T2 battle-damage knee complicates the whole Ultimate articulation thing so maybe they only foresaw putting out a single T2 release. With T1 its easier to put out all the looks in their proper order in 2 different figures.

This gives a good look at the size of Cinemachines, much bigger than I expected.

image.jpeg

Makes chronological sense, moreso than the Uncle Bob release which was a mish mash from the entire film. That T2 battle-damage knee complicates the whole Ultimate articulation thing so maybe they only foresaw putting out a single T2 release. With T1 its easier to put out all the looks in their proper order in 2 different figures.

Yeah, Ultimate T2 only made for good Cyberdyne shootout and T2:3D (sans Plasma rifle) figures.

Makes me wonder what they're going to do with Police Shootout. Will they give it a swap out chest with wounds ala ultimate T-1000 or just leave it clean? I'm going to assume that Police Shootout will have,

- these new Tech Noir legs

- sunglasses head
- missing eyeball/exposed endo socket head
- tanker truck damage head

- SPAS shot gun
- AR-18

- alt damaged left hand
- alt damaged right hand

In the fall there's going to be a huge T2 25th anniversary collection line to coincide with the rerelease of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Randy says that all their efforts going forward are going to be poured into Terminator 2.

Honestly, that would seem like the perfect time to get John Connor out there. Yeah, it's probably a pipe dream, but it'd be refreshing along side the obvious onslaught of "new" ultimate damaged T-800 and ultimate motorcycle and Steel mill T-1000 they have planned. C'mon NECA, Ultimate John Connor with his small dirt bike, the endo arm, his back pack and his hacking device, or no dirtbike. I don't care. He's the only key piece missing from the line.

Last edited:
Yeah, Ultimate T2 only made for good Cyberdyne shootout and T2:3D (sans Plasma rifle) figures.

Makes me wonder what they're going to do with Police Shootout. Will they give it a swap out chest with wounds ala ultimate T-1000 or just leave it clean? I'm going to assume that Police Shootout will have,

- these new Tech Noir legs

- sunglasses head
- missing eyeball/exposed endo socket head
- tanker truck damage head

- SPAS shot gun
- AR-18

- alt damaged left hand
- alt damaged right hand

That'll be it I'd say. Although I don't think they'll do a switch out chest, they'll just pick one or the other.

They probably don't think they need to do anything new with these beyond the articulation because the old ones are sold out and this is them providing another opportunity for people to get T1 figures.

I do wish they'd do an eye surgery figure though, he'd be the Man or Machine figure for T1.

In the fall there's going to be a huge T2 25th anniversary collection line to coincide with the rerelease of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Randy says that all their efforts going forward are going to be poured into Terminator 2.

Honestly, that would seem like the perfect time to get John Connor out there. Yeah, it's probably a pipe dream, but it'd be refreshing along side the obvious onslaught of "new" ultimate damaged T-800 and ultimate motorcycle and Steel mill T-1000 they have planned. C'mon NECA, Ultimate John Connor with his small dirt bike, the endo arm, his back pack and his hacking device, or no dirtbike. I don't care. He's the only key piece missing from the line.

Yep, seems like it's now or never for John Connor. And I really really wish it would be the former. One of only 2 child figures I'll ever want (the other being Newt) and instead we can only get Macauley Culkin.

I have what I think is the correct Fatboy incoming for the T-800 and I was sitting there just wishing I could set up the ''Holy ***t...you're really real!'' scene.

And Kevin isn't the only kid NECA is investing in, they're doing figures of Bill and Ted too. If they can take a chance with Kevin, Marv, Harry, Bill, Ted, Alien 3 Ripley, random Alien 3 Weyland technicians and ****ing Weird Al Yankovic, surely John Connor is worth taking a chance on?

Imagine a shelf with Ultimate Sarah, the eventual Ultimate Steel Mill T-800, and John Connor.

Wonder if new T2 stuff could just mean T2 retro figures.

That would stink. :lol Imagine if they did a retro T-800, retro T-1000 and retro John Connor reusing Kevin's body but no 7" John. Kinda like they did with Planet of the Apes Taylor. I'd be pissed.

We know that they're at least planning on more T-1000 variations and a quarter scale Steel Mill T-800. I'm sure those will be under the anniversary collection title.

As grateful as I feel for what they've made so far I'll be a little disappointed if their anniversary offerings don't include some entirely new variants for the standard movie line (as opposed to just Ultimate SA mish-mashes of previously released stuff or Retro figures or Kenner tributes).

There's definitely some remaining potential for brand new figures from the movie:

SWAT shootout T-800 (would actually be a mish-mash but it could come with the Teargas Launcher and a bandolier with only 5 grenades left)
John Connor
Cleaved T-1000 (with steel rod)
Pretzel Man T-1000

They could also do a liquid metal version of the Motorcycle cop and Steel Mill T-1000s but I would have less interest in those because the best they can seem to do at low end is a flat silver paintjob.

The Frozen T-1000 they did a while back was pretty neat. Have they said which version of Arnold will be 1/4?

I'm guessing 1/4 Arnold will be a 1/4 version of the old BD with the two heads, or Cyberdyne, doubt Pescadero.

Back