Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I boiled water and did it with mine and disassembled everything. There's 4 parts. The "trunks" pelvic rubber overlay, the inside torso ball joint (hard plastic container within the rubber diapers that slides out once the rubber gets hot enough), right leg (male peg hip joint), left leg (female hole hop joint). I disassembled them and the problem was the pelvis was slightly bent inside the overlay, causing one of the legs to hang lower than the other. The hip joint (right, female side) also wasn't snapped in all the way from excess plastic inside the ball joint which caused gappage. Once you mess around with it, you can get them even.

I'll look into this then, thanks. Bugs me that I'm forced to do some sort of walking pose with Sarah because of it.

Can't go wrong with either of them. You'll love them. Have fun opening those two.
Thanks I'm so excited I missed out on the original tech noir and I only own the comic con t-1000. Both were a must for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Nice pick ups. They're both awesome and a lot of fun. The ultimate T-1000 is still my favorite neca figure so far this year.

Heading home tomorrow from my trip so I'll be able to open mine up and give my full review on it. In package looks awesome as hell for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alright I made it home and was able to finally open both items. Definitely think both are worth the pick up for the price I paid. The ultimate t-1000 is a sweet bundle and really well done. The new tech noir looks awesome but the paint slop on hands isn't pretty and my longslide pistol and shotgun are warped. Displaying him with the uzi. I think the head he comes with on with the longer hair is the best and in my eyes him holding the uzi or surgery scene seems to be best picks with this figure pose wize. Mine is really stiff to move around. Overall I love both but definitely after years of wanting a tech noir t-800 and finally getting one if you aren't a terminaror fan you could pass on it and wait for the police shoot out version.

Quick pics of both. Don't mind the dust on the shelf I'm cleaning the collection tomorrow.
uploadfromtaptalk1467496649203.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467496664285.jpg

Is it just the pose or is the Tech Noir shorter than the T2 Uncle Bob? I suppose that shouldn't be surprising since the Ultimate T2 T-800 and Ultimate T-1000 are both shorter than their respective older figures.

That endoskeleton is bigger but the endos have always been bigger than they really should be. They probably can't make them smaller.

Is it just the pose or is the Tech Noir shorter than the T2 Uncle Bob? I suppose that shouldn't be surprising since the Ultimate T2 T-800 and Ultimate T-1000 are both shorter than their respective older figures.

That endoskeleton is bigger but the endos have always been bigger than they really should be. They probably can't make them smaller.
I noticed that too when I placed him on the shelf. I thought it was odd since t1 should be bigger then t2 Arnie by a long shot.

I don't know if they intended to do it but that's the way it seems to be working out with the Terminator Ultimates so far.

I'd prefer consistency but what can ye do.

I don't know if they intended to do it but that's the way it seems to be working out with the Terminator Ultimates so far.

I'd prefer consistency but what can ye do.
Exactly I agree.

Got my Tech Noirs yesterday. Looking at the figures inside the packages, all the left legs were shorter than the rights. I pulled one out and tugged a bit on the left leg and it evened out quite easily. Doubt there will be any issues with doing that to the others. I'm really pleased with the figure overall. Didn't really pour over it for nitpicks, but I was a little disappointed the leather strap on the epaulette was not painted black. I guess I could paint it if I wanted, but that would hurt future value. Yes, I do sometimes buy extras just for possible sale later. I think I sold three of the original Tech Noirs (luckily only a few months before the announcement of the ultimate) for $75 each. Can't wait to get the police shootout now, inaccurate hair and all. It bothers me too, but I doubt anywhere near as much as a-dev:lol.

I boiled water and did it with mine and disassembled everything. There's 4 parts. The "trunks" pelvic rubber overlay, the inside torso ball joint (hard plastic container within the rubber diapers that slides out once the rubber gets hot enough), right leg (male peg hip joint), left leg (female hole hop joint). I disassembled them and the problem was the pelvis was slightly bent inside the overlay, causing one of the legs to hang lower than the other. The hip joint (right, female side) also wasn't snapped in all the way from excess plastic inside the ball joint which caused gappage. Once you mess around with it, you can get them even.

Oh hell no, ain't got time for all that, i'll hide that **** just by posing him behind another figure. :lol

Got my Tech Noirs yesterday. Looking at the figures inside the packages, all the left legs were shorter than the rights. I pulled one out and tugged a bit on the left leg and it evened out quite easily. Doubt there will be any issues with doing that to the others. I'm really pleased with the figure overall. Didn't really pour over it for nitpicks, but I was a little disappointed the leather strap on the epaulette was not painted black. I guess I could paint it if I wanted, but that would hurt future value. Yes, I do sometimes buy extras just for possible sale later. I think I sold three of the original Tech Noirs (luckily only a few months before the announcement of the ultimate) for $75 each. Can't wait to get the police shootout now, inaccurate hair and all. It bothers me too, but I doubt anywhere near as much as a-dev:lol.

Probably an easy fix if I knew how to and what to use. Of course if I could do that then every single one of my Hot Toys sculpts would have perfect hair by now. Those bother me more. At least the NECA figure still has a grasp of his headshape.

Back