Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when Randy said the black shirt T-800 wasn't happening just a couple of months ago? :lol

He probably didn't want people holding off and not buying the Ultimate T2 T-800 figure. I can see how it might annoy some but, well, y'all know me. With this line I end up buying everything anyway.

Should have been fairly obvious though - you don't have a 25th anniversary line and not have this version of the T-800 in it.

Only bummer about this one from what I can see is that they haven't added any new interchangeable hands. That left hand looks awkward when it isn't holding anything. I'll be delighted to get the rosebox though.

Ideally when this line finishes up we'll have:

John Connor (duh)

SWAT shootout T-800 with teargas launcher

Ultimate BD T-800 (would like to be able to give him a more hunched ''low power'' pose than is possible with current figure)

Ultimate Steel Mill T-1000 with steel rod (or at least Ultimate Motorcycle Cop with legs that can be used on existing Ultimate T-1000 but preferably both really)

Cleaved T-1000

Pretzel man T-1000

Pescadero/denim jacket Sarah Connor

That's my wishlist - I don't think we'll actually get all that. Pescadero Sarah and Cleaved T-1000 seem least likely. I also wonder how they'd manage doing knee articulation on an ultimate BD T-800.

Last edited:
The new T-800 should have new hands. He won't though, it'll just be a rose box I bet.

I don't know why they don't do what they did for their 1989 Keaton Batman and give their T-800's a mandatory set of fists, palms, and open hands for guns/accessories. The ball joints on Batman are perfect and gives a nice selection for poses. It was almost like Hot Toys in a way.

Don't want to be too cynical here, I love this Ultimate line, but c'mon, between the upper torsos and heads, they're getting a ton of reuse and $$$ savings here. Especially when you realize that even the black shirt/grey shirt are the same for the T2's and the 80s punk shirt and grey shirt are the same for T1s. They've found a great way to just reuse the same stuff with minimal effort.

Yeah, the legs are a step in the right direction, but if you look at their other figures, they could do a little more. I'm really surprised how they pose their Ultimates in the same stances for every photo shoot. They make him look like some ape man in every photoshoot with those small, bent knees. Really reminds me of this,

image.jpeg

I'm more interested in the actual new stuff. I can't wait to see the 1/4 Steel Mill Arnold and John Connor.

I don't think it actually occurs to them to provide hand options most of the time. Seems like it should have in this case though. How's he gonna look holding the rosebox with a trigger hand?

Another hand I wish they'd give him is this one (EB figure's right hand in following pic)

enterbay_19.jpg

As far as the poses - yeah, I hope that's just to demonstrate the articulation and they don't really think the figures look good standing that way.

I bet you that new T-800 will come in 2-pack with John Conner. Mark my words. :)

I bet you that new T-800 will come in 2-pack with John Conner. Mark my words. :)

I was wondering about that because on twitter a guy (with a hint of a smarta$$ tone) said ''so it's essentially just the Pescadero Escape figure with articulated legs and a rosebox'' and Randy's answer was ''nope''.

So....it's more than that?

A 2pack with the T-800 seems like a great way to sell John Connor if they're worried he won't sell as a single figure. My fear is - if that is what transpires - the quality will suffer. For some reason 2 packs oftentimes have inferior QC - worse paint than normal and even breakages. That and the threat of it being a limited exclusive.

Besides all the Harry Potter characters, there's tons of Twilight characters. Yet, John Conner can't carry is own? Come on now.
John Conner could sell several different ways.

- Single carded. John with several accessories like backbag, laptop, endo skeleton arm in case, blade for the T-800 Man or Machine figure, and maybe even a life-size CPU chip

- Single carded. John with his motor bike and boombox

- 2 pack (similiar to Bioshock Big Sister/Big sister) John and Pescadero T-800. That T-800 is arguably the most iconic look for the Terminator. How many of us wouldn't spend an extra $10 to own a John with the awesomely sculpted T-800?
Perfect for the hardcore fan and the casual Terminator fan alike.

- 2 Pack. John with the Motorcycle T-1000. Since NECA is already making the biker version, reuse the legs from that version, the torse from Galleria and BOOM! Another famous look for the T-1000Give the T-1000 the shaking his finger hand as a bonus.

Come on NECA. One of those ideas has got to be to your liking. Think about it.
(somebody tweet that please)

Move over Clyde Bruckman (extra points for the 1st one to get that reference)
I called it right down to the endo-arm accessory!

Well, technically, this all remains to be seen if this new T-800 will actually be included in a 2 pack with John. Still, seems likely now. The above quoted post was from 2010.

So according to NECA's twitter it's not an Ultimate and it's not an 1/4 scale.... 2 pack with John Connor... I'm for sure of it.

Move over Clyde Bruckman (extra points for the 1st one to get that reference)
I called it right down to the endo-arm accessory!

Well, technically, this all remains to be seen if this new T-800 will actually be included in a 2 pack with John. Still, seems likely now. The above quoted post was from 2010.

RIP Peter Boyle. Such a great episode.

Got my 3 Ultimate Tech Noirs today, so far have only opened one. Yeah it's got one leg shorter than the other. By pulling down on the short leg I can address it somewhat but not fully. I can see the knees still don't line up and any (Clyde Bruckman's final) repose seems to reset the leg short again. Hopefully Difabio's right and this can be fixed because if it can - seems like a pretty great figure - I love that I can now have a neutral standing pose for this guy.

I'm delighted with the face paint-apps - much better than the original release - at least on the one I've opened up. The guns are a bit warped (and no twisty ties to blame here) but this isn't so much of a sour point if you've got the older figures.

edit - oh and the elbow of his right arm was slightly pulled out on this one in the package - I left it like that because it allows a full 90degree bend.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a tray full of the older guns. I'm just going to use those and leave the rubbery ones alone.

I looked last night and didn't realize how many of the older T1 Arnold's I bought. Holy ****. :lol

I bought 2 of the original Tech Noirs, 1 BD Tech Noir, 1 Police Shootout and 1 Tanker Truck pursuit. Quite restrained for me. :lol I'm compensating with the Ultimates.

See i'm not a big fan of having a large 6"-7" collection, too much clutter and the eye doesn't focus on a particular subject then you start to miss details.

I'm a 1/4 man. :lol

Back