Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See i'm not a big fan of having a large 6"-7" collection, too much clutter and the eye doesn't focus on a particular subject then you start to miss details.

I'm a 1/4 man. :lol

I did have a brief phase where that's how I also felt - even considered trying to sell many of NECA Termies locally. Instead I'm pretty much dropping out of high-end so I can look forward to a less expensive future in the hobby - facilitated by Hot Toys presumably being done with T1 and T2. Multiple NECA figures for different scenes once again satisfy my toy urges.

Look at this ****ing mess...:lol

image.jpg

There are 10 more of these tables!

It's really all my fault because I don't organize as I should. :slap

Man, if these Tech Noir heads could be 'high-endified' they would easily beat the Hot Toys sculpts.

Randy said that the Tech Nior and Police Shootout may get the 1/4 Treatmet next year. so really just need an good repaint and boom.

Oh please tell me you're serious. That would be amazing.
He did say for T1 police shoot out for next year is a good possibility, since their T2 1/4 is coming this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

A 1:4 Tech Noir would be best, unless they intend to do both. Police Shootout is too similar to Uncle Bob, especially if they don't resculpt the hair to be accurate to the scene.

They couldn't get away with blowing those 7" headsculpts up to 1/4 scale. It would never work and they wouldn't hold up.

Not even taking the 12" 2-up prototypes would hold up.

image.jpeg

Pretty sure the 1/4 T-800 will have an all new sculpt and double hinged elbows and such.

The Tech Noir is a great sculpt when you consider the smaller scale though, love this thing.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

They couldn't get away with blowing those 7" headsculpts up to 1/4 scale. It would never work and they wouldn't hold up.

Not even taking the 12" 2-up prototypes would hold up.

View attachment 274697

Pretty sure the 1/4 T-800 will have an all new sculpt and double hinged elbows and such.

The Tech Noir is a great sculpt when you consider the smaller scale though, love this thing.

View attachment 274698View attachment 274699

Hope your right but if thier T2 semi BD 1/4 teaser is anything to go by looks the same sculpt to me.

I don't think their 1/4 Dutch ended up being a new sculpt so I reckon the Terminator 1:4s will be the same sculpts - they won't look high-end (kinda why I've been hesitant to buy any NECA 1:4 human figures) and maybe that's what Difabio is getting at? That's sort of what I was saying in a post yesterday myself. They're excellent sculpts - you can tell even from these low-end samples that NECA have the blueprints of Arnold's likeness down - if they were working at high end they would easily beat Hot Toys in this department. Hot Toys can't even get the general shape of his head right.

So apparently there's another T2 ultimate galleria t 800 with the box of roses. :D That's good news for those who wanted the poster version.

They shouldn't have included the sunglasses sculpt with the first ultimate t 800

Honestly, as much as I like the packaging, I wouldn't have a problem if they just dropped the Ultimate BS and made single releases of each version like they did back in 2009-2012.

Instead of clamshells, put them in those collector friendly rectangular boxes like the Planet of the Apes, DC movie figures, the Endoskeleton and "new" Rocky line.

image.jpeg

The Police Shootout Ultimate has the matte finish sunglasses again and some weirdly painted fdamaged hands.

The Police Shootout Ultimate has the matte finish sunglasses again and some weirdly painted damaged hands.

Looks like it also has the leg issue and possibly a warped 12 gauge shotgun aswell.

Nevertheless, looking forward to it.

And for my regular round-up of ''things I hope they make'', now for T1:

Ultimate Kyle Reese - I don't like the current headsculpt but I presume they'd just reuse it. OK. However it should have switch-out arms and the navy coloured coat he wears later in the film. A pair of bare arms would also be nice complete with bandages where appropriate. He should have his shotgun, pistol and pipe bombs of course and the full amount of articulation

Sarah Connor - with Alien 3 Ripley ability to display with and without jacket

Eye Surgery T-800 - we don't have this at all. I'd love to see it with interchangeable arms, one set articulated and one set preposed for him removing his human eye. Don't see this happening though.

Motel attack/Highway chase T-800 - he has his coat zipped up for these scenes, so far a zipped up jacket sculpt doesn't exist. Again, don't see this happening.

Looks like it also has the leg issue and possibly a warped 12 gauge shotgun aswell.

Nevertheless, looking forward to it.

And for my regular round-up of ''things I hope they make'', now for T1:

Ultimate Kyle Reese - I don't like the current headsculpt but I presume they'd just reuse it. OK. However it should have switch-out arms and the navy coloured coat he wears later in the film. A pair of bare arms would also be nice complete with bandages where appropriate. He should have his shotgun, pistol and pipe bombs of course and the full amount of articulation

Sarah Connor - with Alien 3 Ripley ability to display with and without jacket

Eye Surgery T-800 - we don't have this at all. I'd love to see it with interchangeable arms, one set articulated and one set preposed for him removing his human eye. Don't see this happening though.

Motel attack/Highway chase T-800 - he has his coat zipped up for these scenes, so far a zipped up jacket sculpt doesn't exist. Again, don't see this happening.
If you're going to wish for something, don't go ahead and jinx it right away with 'not happening'. How about we wish together and make this a reality!!!!!!

The Police Shootout Ultimate has the matte finish sunglasses again and some weirdly painted fdamaged hands.

Looks that way, but the paint on the BD sculpt looks good. It doesn't have the ketchup effect like the T2 ultimate figure:lol

Clear nail polish could give the glasses the glossy finish...but l'm no expert when it comes to customizing toys.

Back