Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I haven't tried to to it, but the current BD T-800 can't do that pose? I just assumed it's the 2 up of the BD T-800 with the semi BD head and the pistol from Man or Machine.

The body posture for T-1000 looks based of him drawing his weapon in the mall hallway before taking aim at the T-800.

Yeah looks like it. Those little nuances Tankman has captured are great. Also notice on the closed mandible Predator 1 head the way one of the upper mandibles is slightly off to the side as though it is twitching - just like when Dutch backhands him. Not sure if the 7"er will end up with that but I hope it does.

Can you swap arms on the current figures?

It looks like a BD T800 with Cyberdyne Showdown arms.

Yup, one thing NECA's good for compared to McFarlane is faithful represenations of characters. McFarlane had a tendency to go with poses that were very interesting but seemed ill-fitting for the characters, the ALIEN from McF just looks way too animated in its pose. I still hope to see NECA take another shot at Carpenter's Halloween, their first Michael Myers is nice but there's room for improvement.

The current stuff is some of their best work as far as representation of the character it's meant to reflect.

Can you swap arms on the current figures?

It looks like a BD T800 with Cyberdyne Showdown arms.

Wow, I'm slow, I didn't even think of that, it has to be a new 2 up, the BD had the torn arm already. Be cool if they do release the T-800s, but I'd have rathered a 4th T-1000, but it'll be nice to have a BD that's between the Cyberdyne figure and the full BD, this new look would also fit better with the semi-BD head than the current BD body, looks odd to have the semi face and the body be so beat to hell, my semi head's just sitting around off the figure.

are the preds 1/6 scale ?..if it is..it's incredible !!! where can i find more pics of it ? sorry to go off topic

All of these are 1/6, but the products aren't necessarily. All NECA protos start at 12" or bigger.

Doubt they'll be put to retail mate, they're probably just there to fill up some shelf space and to show off with.

I think they might well be put to retail - if they're just there to fill up shelf space why not just display the figures that are currently available? The T-800 with the sunglasses is on a grey T-shirt body and the plasma rifle looks like it has a strap. The other figure from the steel mill scenes has to be customised from 2 of the existing figures to achieve, which many people wouldn't have gone to the trouble to do. So again I think if you're just filling shelf space all you do is put the existing figures out, not ones that appear to have changes.

I haven't tried to to it, but the current BD T-800 can't do that pose? I just assumed it's the 2 up of the BD T-800 with the semi BD head and the pistol from Man or Machine.

It can but not a precise imitation. The pistol holding arm can't go to a 45degree angle. Thats a tad ____ but since we do have the McFarlane figure in the exact pose from the film I would use that rather than the close but not totally exact NECA figure for that scene.

I don't remember specifically what the T-800 uses in T2 3D, but that figure could be based on it, simply to make money off existing parts from the NECA figures. It's a mix of weapons and heads from various figures, nothing new, but if it sells, then it can make money for something else. If they're doing a unique T-1000 where you can't recycle parts, this could be to help fund that. The T2 line is full of reused parts but you can't always reuse, so these T-800s could be to reuse some more and make more profit that can be put towards something that can't recycle but they want to do for fans, maybe a Sarah and John 2 pack or something.

I don't remember specifically what the T-800 uses in T2 3D, but that figure could be based on it, simply to make money off existing parts from the NECA figures. It's a mix of weapons and heads from various figures, nothing new, but if it sells, then it can make money for something else. If they're doing a unique T-1000 where you can't recycle parts, this could be to help fund that. The T2 line is full of reused parts but you can't always reuse, so these T-800s could be to reuse some more and make more profit that can be put towards something that can't recycle but they want to do for fans, maybe a Sarah and John 2 pack or something maybe a Sarah and John 2 pack or something.

I'd like to see that. I feel my shelf will be missing with all those T800s and T1000s and no Sarah Connor.

I can't see them making multiple Sarah's, and I can't see them doing a lone John, but together, they both might have enough selling power as a set to not end up peg warmers.

I can't see them making multiple Sarah's, and I can't see them doing a lone John, but together, they both might have enough selling power as a set to not end up peg warmers.

Saying that they did do 2 T 800 endos and I don't know about where you live but I've seen them warming most pegs they have been sitting on, so to speak.

I've found the Endo to be the peg warmer too, but I'd also call it the weakest of the figures. The Arnie ones look great but the Endo's face kinda looks goofy. I have all 4 Arnies but had no interest in the Endo. I think partly too, the Endo has been done a lot because there's no likeness to worry about, so the Arnold stuff draws more attention because we haven't gotten much ever, certainly not as well done as this. Prior to HT offering T2 figures, NECA was the best T2 figures to date, and they're still damn nice.

The Neca Endo looks really bad IMO. The body is fine but the face looks really bad. The eyes point up a bit and it makes him look like hes drunk.

A-dev, it doesn't make sense to me why Neca would release this:

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/NECA/image7.asp

As Maulfan said I think its based on T2 3D Battle across Time shortly after T2 itself came out. The outfit seems to match - grey T-shirt in combination with sunglasses and gloves and also that plasma rifle with the strap. Its not based on the film but with the existing figures they could put it together easily. I like the look of it. I'd probably buy it if it was released.

Ah right, i've gotta be honest and say I have no idea what T2 battles across time is!

I now understand and can see what you mean. Still, I don't think they'll release it, but i'd liked to be proved wrong! I like your enthusiasm for all things terminator, A-dev!

I still think the 2 Arnie figures are there for no other reason than to just be there. Tankman, can you shed any light on this?

Last edited:

Battle Across time is a 3D ride thingy in Universal Studios. Its one big 4D movie. 3D film, with lights and explosions, to make you feel like you're inside the movie.

Directed by Cameron, starring pretty much everyone from T2. Arnie, Linda, Eddie and Robert. Its kickass.

It's an interactive 3D and live action show made for Universal studios shortly after T2. Arnold, Robert Patrick and Edward Furlong were brough back to film the movie parts. Unless you visit Universal Studios, the closest you can come to checking it out would be to get a T2 DVD that has the making of T2 3D on it.

T-1000 looks great... and not to mention those awesome predators!!
One question tho... That T-1000 chrome paint job gonna be used for the mass production? Looks like chrome finish from the pics but not 100% sure if it is.

Anyway looks more shinny than the paint used for the NECA Endoskeleton.

Back