Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I think NECA wants the T-1000 metal to look that shiny, but it seems like they're somewhat slaves to the factory as far as how the paint apps turn out, Kyle (tankman) is always commenting that they hope for the best but never know what the factories are going to turn out. Pretty much any company outsourcing to foreign production seems to have limits on how demanding they can be on the factory for production quality and that at some point the facotry gives them a take it or leave it situation.

I wouldn't buy the full metal T-1000 if it looked like just grey paint as the Endo looks, it'd just look like an unpainted figure at that point.

If it turns out looking anything like what we've seen in the pictures i'll be happy! However for me the best T-1000 figure is the undamaged normal version. It looks great and suits the Pescadero Arnie down to the ground!

Y'know, it's a shame neca are constantly on edge about the way the paint apps will turn out on the figures they produce. The sculpts are there, which is neca's work, so i'd imagine it would be really annoying if the paint apps weren't good and represented Neca's work in a bad way.

It's not just the paint, it seems like sometimes too in the molding and production, NECA's stuff doesn't come back as nice as it goes out.

It's the price you pay, you want cheap labor you outsource manufacturing to a foreign country, but at the same time, it's usually not a factory you own, so your control over what they do is limtied.

I'd be happy with what's on display, it looks great, but the actual figure needs to have a shiny, metallic finish that at least comes close to the film look, or like I said, it then just looks like plain grey figure and more like an unpainted prototype than a finished piece and just wouldn't look nice on display amidst finished looking figures.

have they announced when these figures will be available? how long did it take the first wave of T-800 figures to get out after they were shown last year? and are they going to release all the T-1000's at the same time or in multiple waves with those repainted arnies?

speaking of arnie, are they actually going to be releaseing a "non-battle damaged" final battle T-800, the one where he holds his pistol and grenade launcher? that would be awsome if he did, that way we could finally have that stance and have a normal left arm.

as for paint apps, the Endoskeleton turned out fine and shiny so why should the T-1000 turn out not shiny? i trust that the figure will not look just grey.

it's great to see terminator and predator figures being made again,and being made right this time.

It seemed to take quite awhile after debut to get the figures, but also, Toy Fair isn't like comic con, it's a show for dealers and news sites to see what the plans are for the coming year of the manufacturers, which is why all the NECA stuff is 2 ups, I would wager that's as far as they've gone and they don't even have a finished 7" prototype.

Pictures from Toy New International TF coverage.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Ah right, i've gotta be honest and say I have no idea what T2 battles across time is!

I now understand and can see what you mean. Still, I don't think they'll release it, but i'd liked to be proved wrong! I like your enthusiasm for all things terminator, A-dev!

Thanks! I do have a particular enthusiasm for Terminator, I suppose I was just the right age for T2 when it came out that it really struck a chord with me - I was 9 - not legally allowed to see it. I remember my older brothers really wanted to see it in the cinema one day but they got saddled with me and couldn't because I was too young. Of course when I saw it on video I was hooked. To be honest I'm not sure if I had seen T1 by that point which is the film I now prefer. But in any case me and my friend constantly pretended to be Terminators, arguing over who got to be the T-800 and who was the T-1000. Toywise all we had was those crappy made-up kenner figures. I always wanted proper ones that actually looked like the characters in the film, didn't give a crap about play features - it only took the better part of 20 years for this to happen! So thats my lifestory.

I've never been to this T2 3D ride, my only awareness of it is the DVD extras and photos in magazines.

T-1000 looks great... and not to mention those awesome predators!!
One question tho... That T-1000 chrome paint job gonna be used for the mass production? Looks like chrome finish from the pics but not 100% sure if it is.

Anyway looks more shinny than the paint used for the NECA Endoskeleton.

I sincerely hope that chrome look gets through to mass production. Its easy to spray a figure with chrome paint but it never seems to dry, gets sticky, gathers dust, comes off on your hand and spreads to other figures if in storage. Theres obviously something I'm not doing or doing wrong.

Anyway I'm going to buy the heck out of these figures. I'll pass the time in work tomorrow planning out how many I'll need. Perhaps not as many as all the T-800s but still an inordinate amount!

However, Tankman if you're around, will there be interchangeable parts between the standard one and the BD one? If so what parts? And if its possible for you to divulge the info - are any more T-1000s planned? Sorry, I know I'm being greedy. :eek:

I'll go to bed now.

Last edited:

The regualr T1000 fig is such a beautiful figure - looks great esp as it's practically a generic cop figure.

The article on figures.com says there will be a T-1000 Motorcycle Cop version, but in the same sentence it elaborates saying it will have interchangeable hook hands and an alternate head. I am confused.

A motorcycle cop version would need an all new head, legs, arms and torso. Just want some clarification from someone that might know.

The article on figures.com says there will be a T-1000 Motorcycle Cop version, but in the same sentence it elaborates saying it will have interchangeable hook hands and an alternate head. I am confused.

A motorcycle cop version would need an all new head, legs, arms and torso. Just want some clarification from someone that might know.

I have no idea. The only thing that maybe interchangable with a biker T 1000 would be stumpy arms and legs as though they have broken off in the LN2 scene. Then he'd have to be gray.:confused:

I could be wrong but i think the motorcycle cop version and the split head version are the same figure, just with interchangeable parts

All 3 T-1000s at Toy Fair were in his police uniform, none are styled based on the motor cop costume.

Back